Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Senate Bill No. 1148

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Senate Bill No. 1148

Post by dlsn on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:45 pm

This SB seeks to withdraw from the application and coverage of Republic Act No. 9184 (RA 9184), all references to local government units.

It also seeks to restore the application of Title Six, Book Two of Republic Act No. 7610, otherwise known as the Local Government Code, to all procurement activities of local government units.

This SB was introduced on the 14th Congress by Senator Aquilino Q. Pimentel.

You may read the complete text of this SB by clicking here.
dlsn

Male Number of posts : 52
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : Deputy Executive Director
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Senate Bill No. 1148

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Now we got the chills. Very Happy

As I can remember, Sen. Pimentel is also the author of the LGC of 1991[?] I think he's into feeling that he is responsible in the complications of LGU procurement process that were brought up by RA.9184 (that expressly included all Local Government Units in its application).

Honestly, the GPRA has brought more benefits in terms of transparency as ever before. The only deficiency we've noticed is that there is no consultation prior to its formulation. If the LGU is to be totally be withdrawn from the GPRA, then there must be a separate law (similar and analogous to RA.9184) but with perfect compatibility as to the complexity of LGU structure. This is a requisite so as not to bring confusion to the current system (where almost everyone is already used to).
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by shobe on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:15 pm

This SB seeks to withdraw from the application and coverage of Republic Act No. 9184 (RA 9184), all references to local government units.

It also seeks to restore the application of Title Six, Book Two of Republic Act No. 7610, otherwise known as the Local Government Code, to all procurement activities of local government units.

This SB was introduced on the 14th Congress by Senator Aquilino Q. Pimentel.

I think various groups have clamored for the exclusion of LGUs from the coverage of R.A. 918 since its inception. I have read various position papers from the Leagues (Municipal, City and Barangays levels) requesting that the Local Government Code (LGC) be made as the applicable law on their procurement undertakings.

To my mind, removing them from the coverage will unfortunately put to waste all the efforts of the GPPB (Board) in reaching out to them. The LGU Manual for instance, I believe is a product of hard work not only by that of the Board, but more importantly its stakeholders, the various LGU officials ,who participated in the deliberation and the crafting of the same. Likewise, it would be a pity to put to waste the painstaking efforts of the regional trainers of the Board who tried reaching the farthest barangay so that its officials can be trained and be well-versed under the law.

National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB) data show that as of December 2008, the Philippines have 81 provinces, 136 cities, 1,495 municipalities, and 42,008 barangays. Placing all these government agencies under the procurement rules of the LGC, will, to my mind, create under massive confusion. Isn’t R.A. 9184 the omnibus procurement law, envisioned to standardize the process in government acquisition?

If our legislators will come to know of all these efforts and all the various consultations made with the LGUs maybe, just maybe, they would have a change of heart in amending R.A. 9184. After all, it has been in existence for only six (6) years. Maybe another four (4) more years wouldn’t hurt.

P.S.

If this Bill would be approved, I wonder what would stop GOCCs from requesting the same exemption.
Shocked
shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 79
Company/Agency : Makati Firm
Occupation/Designation : Lawyer
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:14 pm

AGREE. It would be a step back in time. A total waste of time, effort and money.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content