Latest topics

Is it ok to award to the highest bidder ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it ok to award to the highest bidder ???

Post by countme_in18 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:22 pm

One agency bid for a network printer w/ the specification indicated in their technical specs ( Network Printer, 30ppm, 1200 by 1200 dpi) the lowest bidder offer samsung brand with the same specs and the other bidder bidder offer HP Brand with the same specs but the price difference per unit is 11,000 more than the lowest bidder. Can the agency award this to the higher bidder w/c is HP since HP Brand are their preferred brand?
countme_in18

Male Number of posts : 11
Company/Agency : Columbia
Occupation/Designation : Account Executive
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it ok to award to the highest bidder ???

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:12 pm

countme_in18 wrote:One agency bid for a network printer w/ the specification indicated in their technical specs ( Network Printer, 30ppm, 1200 by 1200 dpi) the lowest bidder offer samsung brand with the same specs and the other bidder bidder offer HP Brand with the same specs but the price difference per unit is 11,000 more than the lowest bidder. Can the agency award this to the higher bidder w/c is HP since HP Brand are their preferred brand?

The answer is an absolute NO, for the following reasons:
1) Our basis for determining award (in the case of goods and infra) is Lowest Calculated and Responsive Bid (LCRB);
2) In terms of the specs, the LCRB is responsive to your requirements, unless there are other basis to post-disqualify the same; and
3) Award cannot be made on the bases of the preferred brand due to prohibition on reference to brand name under Sec. 18 of RA 9184.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:21 pm

"Count me_in18, wrote"

One agency bid for a network printer w/ the specification indicated in their technical specs ( Network Printer, 30ppm, 1200 by 1200 dpi) the lowest bidder offer samsung brand with the same specs and the other bidder bidder offer HP Brand with the same specs but the price difference per unit is 11,000 more than the lowest bidder. Can the agency award this to the higher bidder w/c is HP since HP Brand are their preferred brand?

"kaya nga ang gobyerno ay nagpapabid, para makakuha ng presyo na mababa na hindi matatalo at mababalewala ang kapakanan at interes ng gobyerno" As Sir RDV said, the LCRB is responsive to the requirement of the procuring entity. It is different with your interest as a supplier as it is dictated by profit.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:38 pm

I agree with sir RDV. You cannot award to another when there is still a lower bid which is responsive. That's the essence of competitive bidding. Granting pa na inilagay ung brand name sa specs (which is not allowed) but still there should be a collatilla which will state "or its equivalent" Now, granting that HP brand is equivalent in specs and quality as samsung, still what should be considered is the cost; the lower the better and advantageous to the gov't provided it meets the specs required.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:18 pm

countme_in18 wrote:One agency bid for a network printer w/ the specification indicated in their technical specs ( Network Printer, 30ppm, 1200 by 1200 dpi) the lowest bidder offer samsung brand with the same specs and the other bidder bidder offer HP Brand with the same specs but the price difference per unit is 11,000 more than the lowest bidder. Can the agency award this to the higher bidder w/c is HP since HP Brand are their preferred brand?
In my personal opinion, the government agency involved must be ready to face the consequences especially Republic Act 3019. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by countme_in18 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:23 am

Thank you for the reply. What if during the pre-bid ay sinabi ng agency sa mga bidder that they prefer (this brand) and still we offer different brand, would this be a ground for disqualification?
countme_in18

Male Number of posts : 11
Company/Agency : Columbia
Occupation/Designation : Account Executive
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 am

"Countme_in 18"
Thank you for the reply. What if during the pre-bid ay sinabi ng agency sa mga bidder that they prefer (this brand) and still we offer different brand, would this be a ground for disqualification?

When you say the Agency, I hope you are referring to the BAC, and I am sure the BAC will not specify a brand. Section 18 of RA 9184 prohibits brand referencing and I expect that they know that; but if ever, they uttered such preference and was captured in the minutes of the meeting, the BAC must correct itself immediately in front of the bidders and simply strike out the specific utterances from the minutes of the meeting. If not, and the bidding continued, the HOPE, after learning such impropriety should declare a failure of bidding citing Section 41 (b) as the reason. Your question as to whether you will be disqualified, my answer is no as the proceedings is null and void ab initio.Any input from other posters?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top