Latest topics

Bid Data Sheet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bid Data Sheet

Post by dj on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Good evening!
I just want to know what is the implication of the Note below? which i found in a bid data sheet comming from a procuring entity. Does it mean that the bidder shall submit the documents stated during submission of bid documents? or does it mean it shall be submitted after a bidder receives notice to award? or do you have any interpretation on the note below? thanks for the help.

28.2(d) List licenses and permits relevant to the Project and the corresponding law requiring it.
31.4(g) List additional contract documents relevant to the Project that may be required by existing laws and/or the Procuring Entity, such as construction schedule and S-curve, manpower schedule, construction methods, equipment utilization schedule, construction safety and health program approved by the Department of Labor and Employment, and PERT/CPM.

Note: Submit the documents stated in 28.2(d) and 31.4(g)
dj

Female Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : Government
Occupation/Designation : Secretariat(new member)
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Data Sheet

Post by jcolas on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:24 pm

"dj wrote"
Good evening!
I just want to know what is the implication of the Note below? which i found in a bid data sheet comming from a procuring entity. Does it mean that the bidder shall submit the documents stated during submission of bid documents? or does it mean it shall be submitted after a bidder receives notice to award? or do you have any interpretation on the note below? thanks for the help

Welcome to the Forum, dj. 28.2 (d) of the Instructions To Bidders is one of the requirements for the Lowest Calculated Bidder to submit for Post-Qualification purposes aside from the TAx Clearance, Latest Income Tax and PhilGEPS Certificate of Registration. This requirement should be properly explained at the same Section of the Bid Data Sheet; If ever, the PE does not require any other documents, then it can just simply write the phrase, "no further instructions", but if the procuring entity requires additional appropriate licenses, then it should specifically list down the documents it further require.

31.4(g) requires additional documents like what you enumerated in your post from the Lowest Calculated and Responsive Bidder during contract signing. Note that 28.2 (d) are requirements for the Lowest Calculated Bidder during Post-Qualification while 31.4(g) are requirements for the Lowest Calculated and Responsive Bidder to submit during contract signing.
I hope you got my point sir dj.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dj on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:58 pm

thanks so much for the reply..its a great help
dj

Female Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : Government
Occupation/Designation : Secretariat(new member)
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:53 pm

"dj wrote:

thanks so much for the reply..its a great help

You are most welcome Sir dj. Keep tuned always on this forum.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:36 am

dj wrote:xxxx. Does it mean that the bidder shall submit the documents stated during submission of bid documents? or does it mean it shall be submitted after a bidder receives notice to award? or do you have any interpretation on the note below? thanks for the help.
No, only 1 bidder will make it to the post qualification stage, later the bidder will be ask to provide additional requirements as stated in section 28.2 of the ITB including 28.2(d) of the BDS of PBDs if applicable. Hope it might help. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:24 pm

[quote="jcolas"]"dj wrote"
Good evening!
I just want to know what is the implication of the Note below? which i found in a bid data sheet comming from a procuring entity. Does it mean that the bidder shall submit the documents stated during submission of bid documents? or does it mean it shall be submitted after a bidder receives notice to award? or do you have any interpretation on the note below? thanks for the help

In addition to what has been said. Firstly, i think what is referred to here are ITB clauses 29.2 and 32.4. Would just like to add my own thoughts. Page 32 of the GPM for LGUs (volume 2) gave an example of additional technical documents to be required for health related goods and services. this means that the provision does not give the PE blanket authority to come up with whatever additional technical requirements it could think of. it is stated there only in instances where the nature or type of procurement would require additional proof of the items efficiacy, safety, compliance to standards (e.g. x rays, MRIs, radioactive materials) etc. My own observation is that some PEs would require additional documents just to give preferred bidders an undue advantage over the others. hence this particular requirement should be scrutinized by prospective bidders. the same thing can be said of section 32.4 where for example clearances needs to be secured (to cut trees, import goods, procure vehicles, etc.) before the winning bidder could actually effect delivery of the required goods or services.

charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Sir charlie Brown wrote:
My own observation is that some PEs would require additional documents just to give preferred bidders an undue advantage over the others. hence this particular requirement should be scrutinized by prospective bidders.

This additional requirement should really be scrutinized by bidders as the requirement should enhance, strengthen, improve the capacity, efficacy of the item. If and when, in the belief of the bidder, the requirements does not serve a purpose but as what Sir Charlie Brown posted will just give advantage to a preferred bidder, the bidder should ask the Procuring entity to clarify said requirements during the pre bidding conference.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down