Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by jcolas on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:27 pm

How many times shall an RFQ which is not for an unforeseen contingengy, with an ABC which is more than Fifty thousand but less than Five Hundred Thousand Pesos be posted in the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System website?
avatar
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by charlie brown on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:27 pm

jcolas wrote:How many times shall an RFQ which is not for an unforeseen contingengy, with an ABC which is more than Fifty thousand but less than Five Hundred Thousand Pesos be posted in the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System website?

hi,
as stated in section 3.d.i of GPPB Res. 09-2009 there is no need to post the RFQ for unforseen contingency. the award however has to be posted since it is more than P50,000.
avatar
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:37 pm

jcolas wrote:How many times shall an RFQ which is not for an unforeseen contingengy, with an ABC which is more than Fifty thousand but less than Five Hundred Thousand Pesos be posted in the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System website?

An RFQ which is NOT for an unforeseen contingency with ABC of more than P50,000 shall be posted only once but continuously for seven (7) calendar days in the PhilGEPS and in the agency website, if any.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by jcolas on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:24 pm

"Sir RDV wrote."
An RFQ which is NOT for an unforeseen contingency with ABC of more than P50,000 shall be posted only once but continuously for seven (7) calendar days in the PhilGEPS and in the agency website, if any.

3(g) of the Procedural guidelines of the resolution states that, "The deadline for submission may be extended if none or less than the required number of price quotations are received. Extensions of deadline shall be posted in accord with subparagraph 3(d). In this scenario, It is required that the RFQ be posted again for another seven (7) days. What if again, the LCRB has not been determined, we can now resort to Negotiated Procurement, d ba? Sir RDV Sir Charlie Brown and the rest?
avatar
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:04 pm

jcolas wrote:How many times shall an RFQ which is not for an unforeseen contingengy, with an ABC which is more than Fifty thousand but less than Five Hundred Thousand Pesos be posted in the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System website?
In my personal opinion, you'll have to follow the same procedure (including the timelines) in creating bid notices in competitive bidding and provide all "Field information" if necessary or applicable. Reminder in "Procurement Mode*" data used Shopping-(sec 52.1.b) as the default field, from there you are now allowed to use the "invite suppliers* button" , if you click this button a pop-up window will open the "supplier directory" , from there you are now allowed to invite suppliers from the list available of your (BAC) choice. Hope it might help. bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:53 pm

jcolas wrote:"Sir RDV wrote."
An RFQ which is NOT for an unforeseen contingency with ABC of more than P50,000 shall be posted only once but continuously for seven (7) calendar days in the PhilGEPS and in the agency website, if any.

3(g) of the Procedural guidelines of the resolution states that, "The deadline for submission may be extended if none or less than the required number of price quotations are received. Extensions of deadline shall be posted in accord with subparagraph 3(d). In this scenario, It is required that the RFQ be posted again for another seven (7) days. What if again, the LCRB has not been determined, we can now resort to Negotiated Procurement, d ba? Sir RDV Sir Charlie Brown and the rest?

You can only proceed to Negotiated Procurement (under Sec. 53.1) if there is 2-Failed Bidding. The situation you are mentioning, jcolas, is failure of SVP (not public bidding) because the PE failed again obtain the required number (at least 3) of quotations.

Maybe, because of the repeated failure to get the required number of quotations and it has come to a point that the PE should necessarily have to immediately procure because the items are needed during a specific time, it could then become an unforeseen contingency under Sec. 52.1(a); hence, the PE no longer has to obtain at least 3 price quotations and just one quotation would already be sufficient. What do you think?
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by jcolas on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:10 am

Sir RDV wrote:
The situation you are mentioning, jcolas, is failure of SVP (not public bidding) because the PE failed again obtain the required number (at least 3) of quotations.

Yes, Sir RDV. And the PE can not go on posting this requirement without receiving a response from any of our buyer. And I have to come out in the open and tell in sundry that to resolve this impasse, I always urge the BAC to see this situation as something that has become an unforeseen contingency (but originally, its not) and that what we now need is just one quotation. But why is it that their is that nagging thought at the back of my mind that whispers what I am doing is wrong? I just console myself that good faith is on my side; and Thank you Sir RDV, with your post, I am beginning again to have the confidence. Thank you too Sir Sunriser. Can I also get other feed backs? These items, mind you are usually for conferences and seminars.


avatar
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by charlie brown on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:34 pm

jcolas wrote:Sir RDV wrote:
The situation you are mentioning, jcolas, is failure of SVP (not public bidding) because the PE failed again obtain the required number (at least 3) of quotations.

Yes, Sir RDV. And the PE can not go on posting this requirement without receiving a response from any of our buyer. And I have to come out in the open and tell in sundry that to resolve this impasse, I always urge the BAC to see this situation as something that has become an unforeseen contingency (but originally, its not) and that what we now need is just one quotation. But why is it that their is that nagging thought at the back of my mind that whispers what I am doing is wrong? I just console myself that good faith is on my side; and Thank you Sir RDV, with your post, I am beginning again to have the confidence. Thank you too Sir Sunriser. Can I also get other feed backs? These items, mind you are usually for conferences and seminars.



the possibility of not getting the three quotes is very real particularly in small towns. there was one cooperative that could not get the required number of price quotations for a hotdog simply because there was only one supplier in the municipality. they have to get quotes from 2 other towns just to complete the requirement. I agree with the interpretation that not getting the expected number of responses has by itself created the contingency, thus justifying the use of only one quote. what i have experienced tho are suppliers not offering a quote but is returning the RFQ just the same and stating reasons such "out of stock" etc. perhaps, we can also seek clarification from gppb if sending back the RFQ thou there is no quote given but with a justifiable reason would count.
avatar
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Shopping as explained by GPPB Resolution 09-2009

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum