procurement of office supplies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

procurement of office supplies

Post by LJ on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:02 am

gud am. i would like to ask for inputs regarding this matter. we procure our office supplies in a quarterly basis. we go through the usual process wherein we procure first from DBM, before we canvass from outside suppliers. i would like to ask if we can procure on a "lot" basis for all the supplies using the shopping method? meaning, we only award to the supplier who has a lowest total bid price for all the supplies? because what we are doing now is that we award to the lowest bidder per item. can we do it per lot basis? is that allowable? thanks a lot. Very Happy
LJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : GOCC
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: procurement of office supplies

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:58 pm

LJ wrote:gud am. i would like to ask for inputs regarding this matter. we procure our office supplies in a quarterly basis. we go through the usual process wherein we procure first from DBM, before we canvass from outside suppliers. i would like to ask if we can procure on a "lot" basis for all the supplies using the shopping method? meaning, we only award to the supplier who has a lowest total bid price for all the supplies? because what we are doing now is that we award to the lowest bidder per item. can we do it per lot basis? is that allowable? thanks a lot. Very Happy

Please refer to your other post. I already answered the question there. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:21 pm

I have yet to see the reply of sir engrjhez on your previous post. Meantime, just sharing our procedure. We do the procurement of commpnly used supplies on a lot basis (with our Auditor's go signal) provided, we indicate in the RFQ the ABC of each lot, i.e. if there are different clasification of items. For example, we group into 1 lot all IT equipment, supplies and paraphernalia, another lot for electrical supplies, for janitorial, for other office supplies, etc. This way we minimize cost of supplies for preparation of PO, vouchers, xerox of documents for attachment to every PO if awarded per item. Imagine awarding P1,000 to one supplier for 1 item only if it happens that he has the lowest quote.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LJ on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 pm

thanks for the inputs. as for our case kc, minsan lang mangyayari na ang supplier na ng quote, para talaga sa lahat ng items. yung iba kc, wlaa clang stocks sa ibang items. and isang case din, minsan, yung ibang suppliers, ng quote sa lahat, pero, di lahat ng items ng comply sa specs namin. kaya ang nangyari, per item talaga ang pag check namin. of course, may mga suppliers din na lowest cla sa most of the items bale. is this still ok? ang concern ko lang kung pwede ba to na procedure o kelangan talaga i-change namin to a per lot basis? concern ko rin kung na fall ba ito sa splitting of contracts. pero, sabi naman ni sir engrjhez na di naman dw splitting yun. i just would like to ask for advice o inputs if ok lang ba talaga na per item yung pag award namin, hindi cya per lot. yun kc ang usual na nangyayari, esp with commonly used supplies. thanks po.
LJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : GOCC
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:21 pm

[quote="engrjhez®"]
LJ wrote:gud am. i would like to ask for inputs regarding this matter. we procure our office supplies in a quarterly basis. we go through the usual process wherein we procure first from DBM, before we canvass from outside suppliers. i would like to ask if we can procure on a "lot" basis for all the supplies using the shopping method? meaning, we only award to the supplier who has a lowest total bid price for all the supplies? because what we are doing now is that we award to the lowest bidder per item. can we do it per lot basis? is that allowable? thanks a lot. Very Happy
[color=green]

In shopping and small value procurement we use the RFQ. As stated in 09-2009 the RFQ shall include terms and conditions - which could include the groupings or "lots" of the items. Evaluation on a per item basis is an option, as well as gouping several like items ito "lots" to ensure the most efficien and economical manner of obtaining, implementing and payment of the procurement activity. Care should be made however, much like in a competitive bidding - that information related to the evaluation and comparison of the price qoutations shall be kept confidential until award of the contract.
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:21 pm

LJ wrote:thanks for the inputs. as for our case kc, minsan lang mangyayari na ang supplier na ng quote, para talaga sa lahat ng items. yung iba kc, wlaa clang stocks sa ibang items. and isang case din, minsan, yung ibang suppliers, ng quote sa lahat, pero, di lahat ng items ng comply sa specs namin. kaya ang nangyari, per item talaga ang pag check namin. of course, may mga suppliers din na lowest cla sa most of the items bale. is this still ok? ang concern ko lang kung pwede ba to na procedure o kelangan talaga i-change namin to a per lot basis? concern ko rin kung na fall ba ito sa splitting of contracts. pero, sabi naman ni sir engrjhez na di naman dw splitting yun. i just would like to ask for advice o inputs if ok lang ba talaga na per item yung pag award namin, hindi cya per lot. yun kc ang usual na nangyayari, esp with commonly used supplies. thanks po.

Splitting of contract occurs when we are dividing the procurement into artificial phases so as to circumvent the provisions of law (and to evade public bidding). Line item bidding is still bidding and you don't circumvent the process of eligibility and evaluation. Let us clear muna if we are talking of Competitive Public Bidding or Alternative Methods (Shopping/SVP) - alin ba ang tinutukoy natin now? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:27 pm

LJ wrote:thanks for the inputs. as for our case kc, minsan lang mangyayari na ang supplier na ng quote, para talaga sa lahat ng items. yung iba kc, wlaa clang stocks sa ibang items. and isang case din, minsan, yung ibang suppliers, ng quote sa lahat, pero, di lahat ng items ng comply sa specs namin. kaya ang nangyari, per item talaga ang pag check namin. of course, may mga suppliers din na lowest cla sa most of the items bale. is this still ok? ang concern ko lang kung pwede ba to na procedure o kelangan talaga i-change namin to a per lot basis? concern ko rin kung na fall ba ito sa splitting of contracts. pero, sabi naman ni sir engrjhez na di naman dw splitting yun. i just would like to ask for advice o inputs if ok lang ba talaga na per item yung pag award namin, hindi cya per lot. yun kc ang usual na nangyayari, esp with commonly used supplies. thanks po.

if the terms in the RFQ is per item then the award should be made on a per item basis. likewise awrd should be per lot if the term in the RFQ is per lot. However you need to provide an ABC for each lot. If the procedure does not violate section 2b of 09-2009 then it cant be considered splitting of contracts
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:29 pm

For similar topic try this LINK bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:49 am

In my opinion you can only procure on a per lot basis using the alternative mode if the purpose, items, and the source of budget are not the same.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 am

Just be reminded on the threshold that it will not be resulting to splitting .
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ronie on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:02 pm

hello,
I'm only asking if the secretariat has the right to engage in direct canvassing to the supplier before the request for quotation is serve.
ronie

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : laoo-1
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:12 pm

ronie wrote:hello,
I'm only asking if the secretariat has the right to engage in direct canvassing to the supplier before the request for quotation is serve.
you mean by a Telephone canvass? bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content