Latest topics

service of a gym instructor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

service of a gym instructor

Post by LJ on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:56 am

gud am. please give me inputs on how are we going to procure the services of our gym instructor? we have existing gym instructor and his contract will expire this 2010? what procurement method should be applied in this case? thanks a lot Very Happy
LJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : GOCC
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: service of a gym instructor

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:09 pm

LJ wrote:gud am. please give me inputs on how are we going to procure the services of our gym instructor? we have existing gym instructor and his contract will expire this 2010? what procurement method should be applied in this case? thanks a lot Very Happy
Services of an individual seems out of the box (except for Consulting Services). What you are raising might not fall under the definitions of procurement as you are not "acquiring" any of goods, infra projects or consulting services, hence RA 9184 may not be applicable.

BTW, Are we allowed to procure services of gym instructors? I know that worker's health and safety are the concern of any employer, but is it really within the mandate of the office? Am I correct to presume that there is a gym constructed within the agency? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by LJ on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:43 pm

yes sir, there is a gym for employees' use in our office and we have a gym instructor for that. i would just like to clarify, since this does not fall under RA 9184, then, is it ok that we are going to renew his services after the expiration of his contract? thanks a lot.
LJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : GOCC
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:23 pm

LJ wrote:yes sir, there is a gym for employees' use in our office and we have a gym instructor for that. i would just like to clarify, since this does not fall under RA 9184, then, is it ok that we are going to renew his services after the expiration of his contract? thanks a lot.
The applicability of your concern under RA.9184 is still a question, not an answer. But even if it was not covered by the procurement law, there are still applicable laws you may resort to. One possible scheme maybe is to hire the gym instructor as a "job order" under civil service rules (but I doubt that would apply either). You need to explore more of the legal basis of such contract, and if it still has legal basis to be renewed.

No offense meant but If I am part of your IAS, I would suggest not to use (or disallow) government funds for payment of such "personal services". Instead, those who are using the gym must shoulder among themselves the cost of such extra services. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top