Requirements for eligibility - infra projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Requirements for eligibility - infra projects

Post by ovenmaster on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Good day to everyone!

Our firm participated in a public bidding for infrastructure projects, and unfortunately we were declared ineligible for the reason - "no original or not authenticated Licence of Engineer documents presented."

I have checked and double checked all the requirements for eligibility in Section 12 of the ITB, as well as the BDS and the checklist, and nowhere there it was indicated that original or authenticated documents are required. Also, there were no supplemental bulletins issued to require such.

I would like to file for a motion for reconsideration, unfortunately we did not leave our sealed bid to the procuring entity which I later found out is required while reading through the IRR-A.

As such, I am asking for opinions and suggestions regarding this matter on what my options are, and what courses of action I can take.

Thanks in advance!
ovenmaster

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : PTE
Occupation/Designation : Manager
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Requirements for eligibility - infra projects

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 pm

ovenmaster wrote:Good day to everyone!

Our firm participated in a public bidding for infrastructure projects, and unfortunately we were declared ineligible for the reason - "no original or not authenticated Licence of Engineer documents presented."

I have checked and double checked all the requirements for eligibility in Section 12 of the ITB, as well as the BDS and the checklist, and nowhere there it was indicated that original or authenticated documents are required. Also, there were no supplemental bulletins issued to require such.

I would like to file for a motion for reconsideration, unfortunately we did not leave our sealed bid to the procuring entity which I later found out is required while reading through the IRR-A.

As such, I am asking for opinions and suggestions regarding this matter on what my options are, and what courses of action I can take.

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, you are only allowed to submit your Request for Reconsideration not later than 3 calendar days from the receipt of notice or verbal communication. After that, you lose administrative remedies and it shall be understood that you do not intent to question the decision of the BAC.

What you can do is to call the call the attention of the HOPE in writing that the BAC failed to follow the prescribed procedure (citing your concern). With that, the HOPE may declare failure of bidding (Sec.41) and you may have a second chance on re-biding. Next time, be very vigilant and be wise.

Goodluck! Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top