Procurement Work flow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Procurement Work flow

Post by jbd on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Is there any standard Procurement Work Flow?
jbd

Female Number of posts : 10
Company/Agency : National Library of the Philippines
Occupation/Designation : Librarian II/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement Work flow

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:31 pm

jbd wrote:Is there any standard Procurement Work Flow?

Yes, and you can derive it from the IRR of RA 9184. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:00 pm

"jbd wrote:
.Is there any standard Procurement Work Flow

For the procurement of Goods, below are the steps:

1) Preparation of the Purchase Request. This should be checked whether the items requested to be purchased are included in the APP.
2) If the ABC is more than 500k,then public bidding should be conducted; if its less than 500k, then shopping should be used;
3. Preparation of the Abstract of Bids as Read, if the mode of procurement used is Public Bidding, and after post qualification, prepare the Abstract of Bids as Calculated; if the mode of procurement is shopping, you simply prepare an abstract of quotations.
4. If the mode of procurement is shopping, prepare the Purchase Order, to be certified by the Chief Accountant as to availability of Funds, and approved by the Head of the Procuring entity;
5. If the mode of procurement is public bidding, the office should prepare the BAC Resolution Recommending Award to the LCRB for approval of the HOPE;
6. The Purchase Order should be signed by the Supplier showing conformity to the Purchase Order. After the Supplier has signed the PO. a copy should be sent to the Office of the Auditor. When the supplier delivers, the Notice of Delivery is prepared by the Supply Office and forwards the same to the Office of the Resident Auditor, while the management Inspection Committee conducts inspection and if found to be in order signs the IAR and forwards the same to the Supply Officer for acceptance, after which the voucher is prepared.
7. If the mode of procurement is public bidding,after the BAC Resolution mentioned above has been approved by the HOPE, the Notice of Award is prepared and forwarded to the LCRB who signs the NOA to show conformity.
8. After the NOA, the contract is prepared, sign by both parties after which the Notice To Proceed is prepared, signed by the HOPE and forwarded to the LCRB.
The steps mentioned above are just the basic. In betweeen are processes that should be accomplished. I hope you are able to follow. You also try to consult your auditor as they are more inthe position to guide you. For procurement of Infrastructure projects, where the ideal mode of procurement is Public Bidding, the steps are basically the same but it is best that you consult your auditor for proper guidance. Or you give me your email address and I can email you back the basic steps.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 am

jcolas (for everyone too) wrote:

For the procurement of Goods, below are the steps:

1) Preparation of the Purchase Request. This should be checked whether the items requested to be purchased are included in the APP.
2) If the ABC is more than 500k,then public bidding should be conducted; if its less than 500k, then shopping should be used;
Please allow me to make some clarifications on the procedure outlined. I hope you wont mind. Public bidding is our primary mode of procurement. Should the ABC falls under 500,000 (i.e. for NGAs) Shopping MAY be resorted subject to conditions under Sec.52 and 54. If the items cannot be resorted into Shopping, there are other alternative modes of procurement (such as SVP) that may be resorted if we are to promote efficiency and economy. But again, the amount should not be the only standing criteria to deviate from public bidding.

jcolas (for everyone too) wrote:3. Preparation of the Abstract of Bids as Read, if the mode of procurement used is Public Bidding, and after post qualification, prepare the Abstract of Bids as Calculated; if the mode of procurement is shopping, you simply prepare an abstract of quotations.
This is already during the conduct of procurement. prior to these, the steps not mentioned that may apply are pre-procurement conference, advertisement/posting of invitation to bid, pre-bid conference, and the deadline for submission and receipt of bids.
jcolas (for everyone too) wrote:4. If the mode of procurement is shopping, prepare the Purchase Order, to be certified by the Chief Accountant as to availability of Funds, and approved by the Head of the Procuring entity;
5. If the mode of procurement is public bidding, the office should prepare the BAC Resolution Recommending Award to the LCRB for approval of the HOPE;
6. The Purchase Order should be signed by the Supplier showing conformity to the Purchase Order. After the Supplier has signed the PO. a copy should be sent to the Office of the Auditor. When the supplier delivers, the Notice of Delivery is prepared by the Supply Office and forwards the same to the Office of the Resident Auditor, while the management Inspection Committee conducts inspection and if found to be in order signs the IAR and forwards the same to the Supply Officer for acceptance, after which the voucher is prepared.
7. If the mode of procurement is public bidding,after the BAC Resolution mentioned above has been approved by the HOPE, the Notice of Award is prepared and forwarded to the LCRB who signs the NOA to show conformity.
8. After the NOA, the contract is prepared, sign by both parties after which the Notice To Proceed is prepared, signed by the HOPE and forwarded to the LCRB.
The steps mentioned above are just the basic. In betweeen are processes that should be accomplished. I hope you are able to follow. You also try to consult your auditor as they are more inthe position to guide you. For procurement of Infrastructure projects, where the ideal mode of procurement is Public Bidding, the steps are basically the same but it is best that you consult your auditor for proper guidance. Or you give me your email address and I can email you back the basic steps.

There are of course many other steps in between that vary depending if we are from LGU, NGA, GOCC, etc. but in the end, the entire procurement procedure should be standing on top and above all discrepancies. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:52 am

I will forward our procurement flow chart to you for goods please PM your email address ...hope that will help you
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by firstlady_5167 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Good morning. I would like to know who is responsible in preparing the Abstract of Quotations and Purchase Order in the case of Shopping? Who are the signatories in the Abstract of Quotations?
firstlady_5167
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : City Government of Tacloban
Occupation/Designation : Asst. Statistician/BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:50 pm

"firstlady_5167 wrote:
Good morning. I would like to know who is responsible in preparing the Abstract of Quotations and Purchase Order in the case of Shopping? Who are the signatories in the Abstract of Quotations?

For us here at the DepEd Regional Office No. 02, it is the BAC, through its arm, the BAC Secretariat which prepares the Abstract of Quotations and the Purchase Order. The Abstract should be signed by all the members of the BAC, the End User, the Head of the TWG while the Purchase Order should be signed by the Chief Accountant as to the CAF, after which it is signed by the HOPE to show approval.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by firstlady_5167 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:54 pm

thank you po Very Happy Can i have a sample form of your abstract of quotation?
firstlady_5167
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : City Government of Tacloban
Occupation/Designation : Asst. Statistician/BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down