Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Yesterday at 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Declared Ineligible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Declared Ineligible

Post by mlgf on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:25 pm

My firm was declared ineligible for the reason that my PCAB License is Category D General Engineering.
DepEd, Division Office Publication in the IAEB dated September 18, 2008, the category preferred for the contractor's capacity is MEDIUM A.
Project ABC is Php2,000,000.00.

mlgf

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : fgm builders
Occupation/Designation : vpo
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Declared Eneligible

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:47 am

Your License Category is D, which would mean that your Size and Range is SMALL B,
but in the IAEB, the procuring entity indicated that the “category preferred for the
Contractor’s capacity is MEDIUM A.” Right?

First, as a SMALL B contractor, if the ABC is only P2 Million, it is within your contracting Capacity since your Allowable Range of Contract Cost (ARCC) for your registration is up to P10 Milllion, per PCAB guidelines.

If the procuring entity mentioned in the IAEB that they ”preferred” MEDIUM A, I think, that should not mean automatic disqualification, particularly if you are able to show, in terms of experience, a single completed contract, which is similar to the contract to be bid, with a value of at least 50% of the ABC.

In effect, the IAEB and the eligibility check, would be giving discretion on the part of the BAC. The eligibility check is supposed to be non-discretionary.

In the Philippine Bidding Documents, specifically in the Instructions to Bidders (ITB), under Eligibility Requirements, among the requirements is a valid PCAB license and registration for the type and cost of the contract to be bid which, apparently, you possess.

But that is only my take on your problem. Maybe, GPPB should be able to give a more categorical answer on the use by procuring entities of the term “preferred” or "preferably", if that should be allowed or is even allowed under the law.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top