Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Functions of the TWG <mbdr>

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Functions of the TWG <mbdr>

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:30 pm

This in response to an unreplied question posted by mbdr in the Chat Box.

Section 12.1 of the IRR-GPRA stipulates:
"...the creation of a Technical Working Group (TWG) from a pool of technical, financial and/or legal experts to assist in the procurement process, particularly in the eligibility screening, evaluation of bids and postqualification. x x x"

Clearly, the key word to the three underlined functions (based on the stages of procurement) is "to assist". All matters that would affect the decision of the BAC as to the legal, technical, and financial aspects must be provided/supplemented by the TWG.

Kidding Aside: In one of our GPRA trainings, our resource speaker made a funny definition of TWG - Taong Walang Ginagawa. Is this funny or what? Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Functions of the TWG <mbdr>

Post by mbdr on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:58 pm

Sir Engrjhez, I do not know with other LGU.

TWG here is only created for big procurement (procurement with more than 1M ABC and above). These TWG is present during the bidding who will conduct "pass/fail " which is part of the eligibility screening. then during the post qual and they will submit a report on their findings.... only for such kind of procurement.

But these TWG are assisted by the BAC SECretariat who , for me, are the "working horses" in the whole procurement process. The BAC Secretariat, in all stages of procurement ,are there in action. (hehehe).

Thats why I am asking of the specific functions of these TWG. We are aware of Sec. 12.1 you have just mentioned but if you have more clear or supplemental explanations on this, we welcome it. thank you, thank you sir.

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:15 pm

mbdr wrote:Sir Engrjhez, I do not know with other LGU.

TWG here is only created for big procurement (procurement with more than 1M ABC and above). These TWG is present during the bidding who will conduct "pass/fail " which is part of the eligibility screening. then during the post qual and they will submit a report on their findings.... only for such kind of procurement.

But these TWG are assisted by the BAC SECretariat who , for me, are the "working horses" in the whole procurement process. The BAC Secretariat, in all stages of procurement ,are there in action. (hehehe).

Thats why I am asking of the specific functions of these TWG. We are aware of Sec. 12.1 you have just mentioned but if you have more clear or supplemental explanations on this, we welcome it. thank you, thank you sir.
I am afraid that's the whole of it.

Basically, it is all up to the BAC to do all the evaluations, decisions, and resolutions. The GPRA expressly identify two key mandatory groups - the BAC and the BAC Secretariat. The creation of TWG is purely adhoc and that it may or may not be created at all depending on the capacity of the BAC. A similar question is raised in one of our procurement seminar: who check's the eligibility of the bidder. Funny that the question was raised by a TWG member (because all they do was bid evaluation). Finally, it was cleared that, although the TWG may have participated in all stages of the procurement, it is still the BAC who will render their final judgement on the issue(s).

If the TWG won't seemed be necessary, you may at any time Twisted Evil, terminate their service with BAC (following ethical procedures).

Peace TWG's afro
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum