Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Is it proper that APP be endorsed to SB for proper approval before any procurement?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it proper that APP be endorsed to SB for proper approval before any procurement?

Post by msm326 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:38 am

To all Forum Members,
Happy New Year to all
I want to solicit your opinions regarding this matter. Recently we attended a seminar sponsored by our mother League PAGSO National on Acquisition and one topic is on procurement ...APP is a vital document before any procurement will take place but the it was mentioned that this will also be approved by the SB/SP concerned....any comments ....if ever this will be approved then all those not included will again need to be approved by the SB/SP for supplemental ....need you opinions...LGU practitioners and RDV ...salamat

msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it proper that APP be endorsed to SB for proper approval before any procurement?

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:37 pm

msm326 wrote:To all Forum Members,
Happy New Year to all
I want to solicit your opinions regarding this matter. Recently we attended a seminar sponsored by our mother League PAGSO National on Acquisition and one topic is on procurement ...APP is a vital document before any procurement will take place but the it was mentioned that this will also be approved by the SB/SP concerned....any comments ....if ever this will be approved then all those not included will again need to be approved by the SB/SP for supplemental ....need you opinions...LGU practitioners and RDV ...salamat

msm326 Very Happy

The APP shall bear the approval of the Head of the Procuring Entity (HOPE). Let me summarize the procedure under the Revised IRR:

1. End Users/Implementing Offices identify their Programs Activities and Projects based on the mandate of the agency and prepare their PPMPs;
  2. PPMPs shall be submitted to the Budget Office for budget preparation and hearings (w/the Sanggunian);
  3. The Sanggunian approves the Annual Budget thru Ordinance;
  4. The Budget Office furnishes copies of approved budget the dept/unit/office concerned for finalizing the PPMP consistent with the Approved Budget;
  5. Finalized PPMPs shall be submitted to the BAC Secretariat for consolidation into APP.
Should there be any amendment or supplement to the budget, we start from number 2 above, with number 5 now referring to amendatory or supplementary APP. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it proper that APP be endorsed to SB for proper approval before any procurement?

Post by msm326 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:20 pm

During the recent forum last dec 9 at AIM , it was mentioned by the speaker that APP should seek approval of the SB na. anyway, what the IRR states should prevail naman. hope they will be consistent with their statements ...

msm326
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:51 am

msm326 wrote:During the recent forum last dec 9 at AIM , it was mentioned by the speaker that APP should seek approval of the SB na. anyway, what the IRR states should prevail naman. hope they will be consistent with their statements ...

msm326
That is true on the past IRR-A where it was unclear when APP is prepared. Before, the practice is that APP is prepared prior to the enactment of budget. That was the time when the APP needs prior approval of the Sanggunian. Later after the enactment of budget, the PPMP and APP will be aligned consistent with that budget.

But under the revised IRR, it is clearer that PPMP need not be consolidated yet prior to enactment of budget. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:45 am

msm326 wrote:To all Forum Members,
Happy New Year to all

msm326 Very Happy

Happy New Year, msm326:

Thank you for calling out to me. To tell you frankly, lately, I hardly browse the posts in this forum because I was dissatisfied with how this forum is being administered with all those spam posts remaining for days without being deleted by the administrator right away or the registered illegal poster being automatically banned.

At any rate, to answer your question, the answer is a big NO.

I had been honored to be invited twice as resource person in your PAGSO trainings, including one training also in AIM, and we met there personally, but my topic was limited to Procurement of Consulting Services.

Speaking of the APP, the required approval is only the HOPE or second-ranking official designed by the HOPE to act on his behalf and must be consistent with its duly approved yearly budget (Sec. 7.2, IRR.). (N.B.: in the case of LGUs, the second ranking is the Vice-Mayor or Vice-Governor, who could not be designated; hence, only the Mayor or the Governor could approve the APP.) The same provision appears also in the same section of IRR-A. So, there is actually no change, as far as approval of the APP is concerned, under IRR-A and in the revised IRR.

Sanggunian approval (in the case of LGUs) is no longer required and necessary because the HOPE-approved APP should already be "consistent" with the budget duly approved already by the local sanggunian.

RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks RDV, for correcting my statement. In fact, it is only now when we realized what we have done in 2009 was actually an overburden coz we try to present an APP for budget hearing, and then revising it after budget enactment. Let me share a snapshot of a slideshow presented by RDV@GP3i (I hope RDV wont mind me presenting this) to illustrate the process:

Presentation courtesy of RDV, circa 2008.

Hope this helps. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top