Previous/Existing Contracts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Previous/Existing Contracts

Post by knam on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Majority of bid invitations always stipulate that 'participants must have previous or existing contracts (with government)' or that 'participants should have been awarded with a similar undertaking previously'.

My question is, how do parties that plan to participate in these kinds of bids for the first time become eligible to join? If prospective bidders are limited to those that have already been previously awarded with bids before, how does this give chance to newcomers?
knam

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : KNAM Trading
Occupation/Designation : Retail/Trading
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous/Existing Contracts

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:51 pm

knam wrote:Majority of bid invitations always stipulate that 'participants must have previous or existing contracts (with government)' or that 'participants should have been awarded with a similar undertaking previously'.

My question is, how do parties that plan to participate in these kinds of bids for the first time become eligible to join? If prospective bidders are limited to those that have already been previously awarded with bids before, how does this give chance to newcomers?

The government wants to enter into contracts with companies/persons with previous experience on a similar contract that the government wants to bid out. The experience, however, is not limited to contracts with the government but also contracts with the private sector. If you have similar contracts with the private sector, that would be considered as part of your experience (for purposes of determining your single completed contract .

If you want to participate in projects being bidded out by the government, but does not have the requisite experience required even with the private sector), you may associate yourself with another company/entity which has the required experience, by entering into a joint venture agreement. Joint ventures or prospective joint ventures are also qualified to participate in government procurement projects.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by knam on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Thank you very much for your quick response. Will look into the possibility of entering into joint ventures for bids with natures of such. Thanks again. Happy New Year.
knam

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : KNAM Trading
Occupation/Designation : Retail/Trading
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top