Procurement Monitoring Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Procurement Monitoring Report

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:22 pm

This is my concern on the reporting requirement under EO 662 and its Implementing guidelines issued by the Procurement Transparency Group (PTG).

Among the reports required to be submitted by the BAC is the Procurement Monitoring Report (PMR), a format of which was posted in the GPPB website. On the PMR, the EO and its implementing guidelines provides that the PMR shall cover major activities from the holding of the pre-procurement conference to the issuance of NOA, the approval of the contract, delivery/completion, and acceptance/turnover, including the standard and actual time for each major procurement activity.

In Sec. 12.2 of IRR-A, it is clear that the PMR is mandatorily required only for projects costing P50 Million and above for goods and infra, and P5 Million and above for consulting services.

My questions, therefore, are: 1) Is the submission of PMR to the GPPB now required for all procurement activities involving competitive bidding even if the value is less than the minimum amount mentioned in Sec. 12.2? or, 2) Is there is an implied repeal of Sec. 12.2 of IRR-A by E.O. 662 and its implementing guidelines?
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

PMR

Post by shobe on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Good day Sir RDV.

A perusal of EO 662 leads me to infer that the Procurement Monitoring Report still has the same requisites as that provided under Section 12.2 of the IRR-A of RA 9184.

Per my observation, Section 1.2 of the IRR of EO 662 provides that the BAC shall post the APP, PMR and the list of observers at the procuring entity’s website and at the Online Monitoring and Evaluation System (OMES) of the GPPB.

Said OMES, on the other hand, simply requires the list of ongoing or completed contracts, costing 50 million and above for goods and infrastructure projects and 5 million for consulting services: Indicative that not all contracts are to be listed and submitted to the GPPB under a PMR, regardless of amount.


It would, however, be wise for the GPPB to clarify this issue considering that they may be receiving PMRs containing contracts with an ABC of PhP 1,000.00 and below and the server might not be able to accommodate the sudden influx of data. No

P.S.
I enjoy reading your comments and answers Sir RDV. I am learning a lot from you.
avatar
shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 79
Company/Agency : Makati Firm
Occupation/Designation : Lawyer
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement Monitoring Report

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:43 pm

shobe wrote:Good day Sir RDV.

A perusal of EO 662 leads me to infer that the Procurement Monitoring Report still has the same requisites as that provided under Section 12.2 of the IRR-A of RA 9184.

Per my observation, Section 1.2 of the IRR of EO 662 provides that the BAC shall post the APP, PMR and the list of observers at the procuring entity’s website and at the Online Monitoring and Evaluation System (OMES) of the GPPB.

Said OMES, on the other hand, simply requires the list of ongoing or completed contracts, costing 50 million and above for goods and infrastructure projects and 5 million for consulting services: Indicative that not all contracts are to be listed and submitted to the GPPB under a PMR, regardless of amount.


It would, however, be wise for the GPPB to clarify this issue considering that they may be receiving PMRs containing contracts with an ABC of PhP 1,000.00 and below and the server might not be able to accommodate the sudden influx of data. No

I agree with you, shobe, on both. I have the same view as well and the reason I posted it here is for GPPB to clarify, particularly with the entry of the PTG (Procurement Transparency Group). Likewise, the joint APP-PMR format developed by GPPB, seems no longer provides that distinction. Because the APP covers all procurement activities, if would seem the PMR joined with it would also cover all procurement activities, in the absence of a colatilla.

Unfortunately, I cannot access OMES because it is password protected. Which brings me to another question. Why is it password protected if the purpose in "transparency"?

shobe wrote:P.S.
I enjoy reading your comments and answers Sir RDV. I am learning a lot from you.

Thank you, shobe. Very Happy
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement Monitoring Report

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:14 pm

With the approval of the Revised IRR, Section 12.2 now read as follows
The BAC shall be responsible for ensuring that the procuring entity abides by the standards set forth by the Act and this IRR, and it shall prepare a procurement monitoring report in the form prescribed by the GPPB. The procurement monitoring report shall cover all procurement activities specified in the APP, whether ongoing and completed, from the holding of the pre-procurement conference to the issuance of notice of award and the approval of the contract, including the standard and actual time for each major procurement activity. The procurement monitoring report shall be approved and submitted by the Head of the Procuring Entity to the GPPB in printed and electronic format within fourteen (14) calendar days after the end of each semester.
Observation:
1. The threshold amount was deleted, (P50 million and above for goods and infrastructure projects and P 5 million and above for consulting services)
2. The PMR will be submitted within 14 calendar days ( before it was 10 working days)
My question
Is it now mandatory for all projects (Goods,infrastrutures and consulting services) to be submitted (PMR) to the GPPB regardless of amount involved? and How do we reconcile this with the EO 662 and the IRR EO 662-A?
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement Monitoring Report

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:22 pm

sunriser431 wrote:With the approval of the Revised IRR, Section 12.2 now read as follows
The BAC shall be responsible for ensuring that the procuring entity abides by the standards set forth by the Act and this IRR, and it shall prepare a procurement monitoring report in the form prescribed by the GPPB. The procurement monitoring report shall cover all procurement activities specified in the APP, whether ongoing and completed, from the holding of the pre-procurement conference to the issuance of notice of award and the approval of the contract, including the standard and actual time for each major procurement activity. The procurement monitoring report shall be approved and submitted by the Head of the Procuring Entity to the GPPB in printed and electronic format within fourteen (14) calendar days after the end of each semester.
Observation:
1. The threshold amount was deleted, (P50 million and above for goods and infrastructure projects and P 5 million and above for consulting services)
2. The PMR will be submitted within 14 calendar days ( before it was 10 working days)
My question
Is it now mandatory for all projects (Goods,infrastrutures and consulting services) to be submitted (PMR) to the GPPB regardless of amount involved? and How do we reconcile this with the EO 662 and the IRR EO 662-A?

The threshold has been deleted in the revised IRR and therefore reconciled with EO 662 and its IRR. The new intention in to require the submission of PMR without distinction as to amount.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement Monitoring Report

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:00 pm

RDV wrote:
The threshold has been deleted in the revised IRR and therefore reconciled with EO 662 and its IRR. The new intention in to require the submission of PMR without distinction as to amount.

This is really a bad news for the Secretariat. Although this is tasked to the BAC, the Secretariat will definitely suffer this "punishment". Can the end-users simply be tasked to monitor their own procurement up to the implementation? It's their procurement anyway. Why let the BAC Secretariat check on each department and say "hey, na-deliver na ba?" or "natapos na ba yung project?".

SUGGESTION:

Amend Sec.12.2 and put it in a way End-Users/PMO make their individual PMRs (in the same way they devise PPMPs) and then pwede na siguro i-consolidate na lang ng BAC/BAC Secretariat. Any objections? Very Happy
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement Monitoring Report

Post by fe a. araya on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:04 pm

That's a wise suggestion, sir engrjhez. I agree with you that the preparation of this report will again be assigned to the BAC Secretariat, with due respect to the BAC. Although, one of the functions of the Secretariat is to "monitor procurement activities and milestones for proper reporting to relevant agencies when required", it is my opinion that the procurement activities are stages in the bidding process from pre-procurement conference, advertisement, etc. up to awarding, contract signing and issuance of notice to proceed. Annex "C" of the revised IRR enumerates the Procurement Activities (which is up to issuance of Notice to Proceed only).

The preparation/updating of the PPMP is the responsibility of the end-user concerned. The role of the BAC Secretariat is the review and consolidate the PPMPs into the proposed APP. In our case, the end-user designates a monitoring/inspection team to monitor the contract implementation thru a progress report to support the progress billing of the contractor until the completion and acceptance of the project.

Although, Sec. 12.2 specifically states that the BAC shall prepare the monitoring report in the form prescribed by the GPPB to cover activities specified in the APP, I agree with sir engrjhez that this particular section be amended except the report on Observers ( to ensure that the procuring entity abides by the IRR
avatar
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement Monitoring Report

Post by fe a. araya on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Another suggestion is to revise the APP form prescribed by the GPPB, except Annex C. My reading of Sec. 12.2 is that its intention is only for the BAC to prepare/submit a procurement monitoring report to cover all procurement activities for a certain period, "whether on-going and completed, from the holding of the pre-procurement conference to the issuance of notice of award and the approval of the contract, including the standard ad actual time for each major procurement activity."

Or better perhaps is the suggestion of sir engrjhez to have the end-users prepare the PMRs using the form provided by the GPPB , to be consolidated by the BAC/BAC Secretariat for approval of the HOPE and submission to the GPPB.


Last edited by fe a. araya on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word "revised" was changed to "revise")
avatar
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement Monitoring Report

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum