Use of fleet cards in the purchase of fuel, oil and lubricants

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Use of fleet cards in the purchase of fuel, oil and lubricants

Post by psylocke on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Bidding for gasoline is particularly tasky and complicated on my part, i have heard that some agencies are adopting the use of fleet cards for their fuel, oil and lubricants requirement what are your opinions about this scheme my fellow posters? can i just ask also how did you all go about with the procurement of all your gasoline requirements? competitive bidding? SVP? or just the old method wherein the station sends its bill and only after receipt of billing shall we obligate and eventually pay their claim.
psylocke

Female Number of posts : 13
Company/Agency : Region XI
Occupation/Designation : Dakilang Alalay
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Use of fleet cards in the purchase of fuel, oil and lubricants

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm

psylocke wrote:Bidding for gasoline is particularly tasky and complicated on my part, i have heard that some agencies are adopting the use of fleet cards for their fuel, oil and lubricants requirement what are your opinions about this scheme my fellow posters? can i just ask also how did you all go about with the procurement of all your gasoline requirements? competitive bidding? SVP? or just the old method wherein the station sends its bill and only after receipt of billing shall we obligate and eventually pay their claim.
You'll never go wrong if the procurement is done thru public bidding. As to your other concern, the utilization of fleet card must have limitations otherwise it will be subject for abuses. You can institute internal control measures, I would recommend the the following;
1. The fleet card must be for a specific vehicle and cannot be use to, other than what is expressly authorized.
2. The Fleet card must have allocated budget for the month or ceiling peso value, users can no longer withdrawn if it reaches its limits or ceiling peso value. (it will be base on the historical data for the vehicle)
3. The fleet card must have expiry date preferrably 1 year.
4. In the event of emergency cases, provide at least one (1) dummy or joker card, depending on your agency needs. This will be utilized, if the specific vehicle fleet card got lost or damage in normal used.
5. Lastly, you can inquire from the Big 3 oil companies, the manner by which government agencies contracted the procurement of fuels, they could be source of information.
bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top