Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Period of Action on Procurement Activities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Period of Action on Procurement Activities

Post by jcolas on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:33 pm

The Bids and Awards Committee submitted to the HOPE on October 8, 2010 the BAC Resolution declaring the LCRB and recommending approval by the HOPE. The bidding was conducted even without the SARO as the Office based the availability of funding on the GAA and with the assurance by our Central Office that the SARO will be forthcoming. The Central Office also assured as that if and when the SARO will not come immediately, we will not be violating RA 9184 as long as we stop at the issuance by the BAC of the Resolution declaring the LCRB and recommending to the HOPE the approval of the same. The SARO was released only on January 17, 2011. It follows that the NOA, Purchase Order and other documents will be dated after January 17, 2011. Have we not violated the GPRA, especifically the Period of Action on Procurement Activities?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Period of Action on Procurement Activities

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 am

jcolas wrote:The Bids and Awards Committee submitted to the HOPE on October 8, 2010 the BAC Resolution declaring the LCRB and recommending approval by the HOPE. The bidding was conducted even without the SARO as the Office based the availability of funding on the GAA and with the assurance by our Central Office that the SARO will be forthcoming. The Central Office also assured as that if and when the SARO will not come immediately, we will not be violating RA 9184 as long as we stop at the issuance by the BAC of the Resolution declaring the LCRB and recommending to the HOPE the approval of the same. The SARO was released only on January 17, 2011. It follows that the NOA, Purchase Order and other documents will be dated after January 17, 2011. Have we not violated the GPRA, especifically the Period of Action on Procurement Activities?

There was a valid reason for the delay in the award, which was the release of the SARO or the obligational authority, hence you have not violated the period of action on procurement activities. However, from Oct 8, 2010 when the BAC declared the LCRB until the SARO was released on January 17, 2011, the bid validity and bid security validity may have already expired. If that is so, the BAC should have requested the bidders to extend the validity of their bids and their bid security.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 am

Thank you Sir RDV for the clarification. The matter of the Bid Validity and Seciruty is my next question. The letter requesting the bidders to submit an extension of the validity and security was already prepared but who should sign the letter? The HOPE or the BAC Chairman? Remember sir RDV that we are now on the implementation stage.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 am

Sir RDV, will not the COA question why we proceeded with the bidding when their was no SARO? Can we respond by saying that the funding is included in the GAA as this is for the procurement of armchairs, desls and teacher's tables?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 am

jcolas wrote:Thank you Sir RDV for the clarification. The matter of the Bid Validity and Seciruty is my next question. The letter requesting the bidders to submit an extension of the validity and security was already prepared but who should sign the letter? The HOPE or the BAC Chairman? Remember sir RDV that we are now on the implementation stage.

If you are already in the implementation stage, which I suppose to mean that a contract has already been signed and NTP already issued, then there is no longer the issue on the extension of the period of bid validity and bid security.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:42 am

I am sorry Sir RDV but when I said we are now in the implementation stage, the BAC Res. have been received by the HOPE and now we are poise to come up with the NOA, PO and the NTP. My apprehension, is that will not the COA ask why we proceeded with the bidding without the appropriate SARO?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:56 am

jcolas wrote:I am sorry Sir RDV but when I said we are now in the implementation stage, the BAC Res. have been received by the HOPE and now we are poise to come up with the NOA, PO and the NTP. My apprehension, is that will not the COA ask why we proceeded with the bidding without the appropriate SARO?

You cite to COA the following issuances: GPPB Circular Nos. 02-2008 and 01-2009, as well as DBM Circular Letter 2010-9 dated December 30, 2010.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Hernandez on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Good Day.

Relative to the issuance of Notice to Proceed and Contract Agreement, is there any applicable law incase the Procuring Entity or the Approving Authority failed to issue the NTP and Contract beyond prescribed period? We have been issued Notice of Award last Feb. 11, 2015 but as to date, no show of NTP and Approved Contract has been made. As per the Procuring Entity, the pertinent documents was formally endorsed for signature of the Approving Authority last June 19, 2015 but still no action taken coming from the Approving Official.

Based on the Period of Action on Procurement Activities- "The approving authority or his authorized representative acts on the contract within fifteen (15) calendar days, or twenty-five (25) calendar days for GOCCs and GFIs from receipt thereof.

We believe that this provision are designed to avoid cause for delay and with this may we respectfully request your guidance on what can we do to achieve that prescribed procurement period as the supplier aside from verbally inform and sending the procuring entity a follow-up letter.

Is there any negligence on the side of the approving authority since the documents were endorsed to him?

Joy Hernandez

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : SODTEC
Occupation/Designation : Proj Manager
Registration date : 2015-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top