Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Yesterday at 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

How About an Idiot's Guide to 9184?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How About an Idiot's Guide to 9184?

Post by rain on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Is it enough that we conduct expensive seminars that only a chosen few are able to attend? Those chosen few who are either interested, forced, or attend just for the certificate.

Well I've read the law and it's implementing rules yet it is still too hard to digest. Most of it's provisions are too technical when most of its readers especially on the barangay level have no basic knowledge in computer (as to PhilGeps) worst are illiterate. Why not conceptualize reader manuals in different languages and in a form of Q&A perhaps. This is one way we can still make this legislative enactment alive. Some officials even as of now appointed as BAC chairman don't even know what is the meaning of BAC and had always thought it is spelled "BACK" not BAC.

Last edited by rain on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
rain

Male Number of posts : 7
Company/Agency : Barangay
Occupation/Designation : kagawad
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: How About an Idiot's Guide to 9184?

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:23 pm

rain wrote:Is it enough that we conduct expensive seminars that only a chosen few are able to attend? Those chosen few who are either interested, forced, or attend just for the certificate.

Well I've read the law and it's implementing rules yet it is still too hard to digest. Most of it's provisions are too technical when most of its readers especially on the barangay level have no basic knowledge in computer (as to PhilGeps) worst are illiterate. Why not conceptualize reader manuals in different languages and in a form of Q&A perhaps. This is one way we can still make this legislative enactment alive. Some officials even as of now appointed as BAC chairman don't even know what is the meaning of BAC and had always thought it is spelled "BACK" not BAC.

Welcome to this forum 'rain'.

I see your concern and willingness to learn, and that is one requisite to understand the law. I myself is totally ignorant of the law way back 2006 when I was appointed as member of the Secretariat. I totally have no idea of what is it like to be with the BAC. My first assignment? To know my assignment. I read and read and nothing seemed to retain. I tried looking on other resources like the Generic Procurement Manual and the LGU Procurement Manual. But my knowledge of GPRA today is greatly attributed (and because of) my active participation in this forum.

This forum is not only a test of knowledge and expertise, but also a room for learning and better understanding of the procurement law. With concern and willingness, comes advocacy. And it is now when I realize that advocacy is not about writing or saying things are this and that but the actions that lead to compliance and true reforms.

An 'Idiot's Guide' sounds one good project for procurement experts to author. It may even be better to put it on local language (like the 'kartilya' for barangays). I hope I can have all the time in the world to make one. But like anyone else here, we're just too busy to sit on it nowadays. But that sounds like a nice project.

Meanwhile, I do not have any idea whatever happened to the ADB supported project on the release of Procurement Manual for Barangays. Does anyone have any idea? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by rain on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome engr.. Hope for updates soon.
rain

Male Number of posts : 7
Company/Agency : Barangay
Occupation/Designation : kagawad
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:56 am

let us all just wait , according a resource speaker , a New LGU Procurement Manual will be published this coming month .

msm326
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:40 am

msm326 wrote:let us all just wait , according a resource speaker , a New LGU Procurement Manual will be published this coming month .

msm326

As per GPPB-TSO, the release date is not yet final but most likely the release is within 2nd semester of this year. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Thats is good news for all procurement practitioner. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:46 pm

It's nice to hear that the LGU Manual of Procurement will soon be out. Just wondering when will the Govt. Manual of Procurement based on the Revised IRR come out also. 2 years na yata waiting natin. And there is a proposed amendment na naman ng RA 9184 as sunriser posted. Perhaps the GPM will come out after the amendment para isahan na lang. We know, its a big task to the GPPB, and for our part, waiting na lang kami. PEACE.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down