Training for LCEs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Training for LCEs

Post by riddler on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:09 am

As to the clamor of most Procurement Officers, THE GPPB MUSt CONDUCT ORIENTATION TO ALL THE HOPE especially at the LGU level to instill accountability on the decisions they made on procurements. sO THEY WON'T TAKE it for granted, the seminar must be mandatory.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:16 am

tianchon,ruel wrote:As to the clamor of most Procurement Officers, THE GPPB MUSt CONDUCT ORIENTATION TO ALL THE HOPE especially at the LGU level to instill accountability on the decisions they made on procurements. sO THEY WON'T TAKE it for granted, the seminar must be mandatory.

AGREE.

But I don't think a mandatory seminar is possible. It will take forever to encourage them to attend (personally). What I could suggest is: the GPPB make a short (10-20 mins) video presentation of the provisions of RA.9184 where the HOPEs should be very concerned about (featuring the GPPB in session Very Happy). Reproduce the "film" into VCD's and make them available at every seminar or consultation meetings (if possible, for free). Also, with such length of documentary, it is still possibe to make it on the GPPB website for viewing and download (or even upload them to youtube.com Wink). We could reach out a greater numberof viewers (HOPEs) with only minimal resources.

Technology is here. Let's make the most of it! cheers
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 pm

engrjhez wrote:
tianchon,ruel wrote:As to the clamor of most Procurement Officers, THE GPPB MUSt CONDUCT ORIENTATION TO ALL THE HOPE especially at the LGU level to instill accountability on the decisions they made on procurements. sO THEY WON'T TAKE it for granted, the seminar must be mandatory.

AGREE.

But I don't think a mandatory seminar is possible. It will take forever to encourage them to attend (personally). What I could suggest is: the GPPB make a short (10-20 mins) video presentation of the provisions of RA.9184 where the HOPEs should be very concerned about (featuring the GPPB in session Very Happy). Reproduce the "film" into VCD's and make them available at every seminar or consultation meetings (if possible, for free). Also, with such length of documentary, it is still possibe to make it on the GPPB website for viewing and download (or even upload them to youtube.com Wink). We could reach out a greater numberof viewers (HOPEs) with only minimal resources.

Very GOOD suggestion, engrjhez!

It would really be very hard to get the HOPEs/LCEs, except for a few handful, to listen to discussions on procurement even for just a day. Either beccause they are extremely busy, or would just let their BACs and BAC support staff handle the procurement issues for them. In the second case, that becomes the problem of the BACs and the start of the BACs problem.

The LCEs should really be made to understand that they cannot hide behind their respective BACs from their own responsibilities as HOPE.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 pm

engrjhez wrote:

AGREE.

Very GOOD suggestion, engrjhez!

It would really be very hard to get the HOPEs/LCEs, except for a few handful, to listen to discussions on procurement even for just a day. Either beccause they are extremely busy, or would just let their BACs and BAC support staff handle the procurement issues for them. In the second case, that becomes the problem of the BACs and the start of the BACs problem.

The LCEs should really be made to understand that they cannot hide behind their respective BACs from their own responsibilities as HOPE.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content