Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

What is Procurement "BY ADMINISTRATION"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is Procurement "BY ADMINISTRATION"?

Post by rain on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Is it a mode of procurement? Can I just avail of it during emergency cases? and for what threshold?

rain

Male Number of posts : 7
Company/Agency : Barangay
Occupation/Designation : kagawad
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Procurement "BY ADMINISTRATION"?

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 am

rain wrote:Is it a mode of procurement? Can I just avail of it during emergency cases? and for what threshold?

Technically it's not a procurement mode. It is actually a scheme. In implementing by administration, the supplies and materials shall be procured as goods and the labor component shall be either by:
  1. plantilla personnel;
  2. job order; or
  3. pakyaw contract;

Here are the links to similar threads:

Implementation of Infra Projects by Administration

Procurement by Administration

Project Taken By Administration
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by rain on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:25 pm

The phrase by administration was mentioned under Emergency Cases(53.2). The links you provided does not say that they are within this category.

We have a project in our barangay to relocate 2 large water tanks with 60K as budget.
Initially the bac thought of competitive bidding but then I saw implementation "by administration" wherein we can help our able-bodied men to earn a bit of income. Can we avail of it?
rain

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:58 pm

rain wrote:The phrase by administration was mentioned under Emergency Cases(53.2). The links you provided does not say that they are within this category.

We have a project in our barangay to relocate 2 large water tanks with 60K as budget.
Initially the bac thought of competitive bidding but then I saw implementation "by administration" wherein we can help our able-bodied men to earn a bit of income. Can we avail of it?
Let us look on your concerned Section:
53.2 Emergency Cases. In case of imminent danger to life or property during a state of calamity, or when time is of the essence arising from natural or man-made calamities or other causes where immediate action is necessary to prevent damage to or loss of life or property, or to restore vital public services, infrastructure facilities and other public utilities. In the case of infrastructure projects, the procuring entity has the option to undertake the project through negotiated procurement or by administration or, in high security risk areas, through the AFP.

If you take a look, there are three ways to implement infra under Sec.53.2
1. Negotiated Procurement
2. By Administration
3. Thru AFP Corps of Engineers

Number 1 specifically refers to 53.2 itself "by contract". But you don't need emergency cases to apply contracts "by administration". The links I have provided you discusses on how to implement that scheme.

You can have your "able bodied men" do the labor component of the project but the materials need to be procured as Goods. You can make use of that scheme for as long as it is on your Annual Procurement Plan (APP). Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by rain on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 pm

I see! so pde pla kahit hindi emergency cases. No wonder nakasimangot yung contractor na gusto kunin yung contract nung tinanung ko about this..well thanks alot for this clarification! more power to you..
rain

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 am

rain wrote:I see! so pde pla kahit hindi emergency cases. No wonder nakasimangot yung contractor na gusto kunin yung contract nung tinanung ko about this..well thanks alot for this clarification! more power to you..

Walang anuman.

Wag nyo lamang pong kalimutan na Public Bidding pa rin ang pangunahing paraan ng pag-procure. Kailangan ninyo pa rin i-justify na ang mode of procurement, maging ang terms and conditions nito, ay magiging most advantageous sa gobyerno. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by JLOHAPPY on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:49 pm

WE HAVE ALSO THE SAME CASE HERE IN OUR AGENCY...THE MODE OF PROCUREMENT IS SMALL VALUE PROCUREMENT AND THE AMOUNT OF MATERIALS IS 564,000 WHICH IS MORE THAN THE THRESHOLD ... THE BAC SAID THAT BIDDING IS NOT NEEDED ... I AM JUST CURIOUS OF THE AMOUNT ...PLEASE HELP...

JLOHAPPY

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : CGA
Occupation/Designation : SAO
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 pm

JLOHAPPY wrote:WE HAVE ALSO THE SAME CASE HERE IN OUR AGENCY...THE MODE OF PROCUREMENT IS SMALL VALUE PROCUREMENT AND THE AMOUNT OF MATERIALS IS 564,000 WHICH IS MORE THAN THE THRESHOLD ... THE BAC SAID THAT BIDDING IS NOT NEEDED ... I AM JUST CURIOUS OF THE AMOUNT ...PLEASE HELP...

In a clear shot, if it was indeed undertaken as SVP, then the BAC erred in the mode of procurement. The BAC may be held liable for abuse of discretion, with conduct prejudicial to the best interest of public service. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by JLOHAPPY on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 pm

thank you sir...can i call u mr. ra 9184? .... joke lang po....peace....you will be receiving my questions from now on ... i do read the procurement law ... but, sometimes the provisions are stated in the silent mode .... peace po ulit .... thanks again ....

JLOHAPPY

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : CGA
Occupation/Designation : SAO
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am

JLOHAPPY wrote:thank you sir...can i call u mr. ra 9184? .... joke lang po....peace....you will be receiving my questions from now on ... i do read the procurement law ... but, sometimes the provisions are stated in the silent mode .... peace po ulit .... thanks again ....

No need for that (Mr. RA 9184). Everyone here has their own knowledge and expertise. We share them all together with our views for the purpose of the advancement of procurement reforms. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top