Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4


Honoraria for GSD Officer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GSD OFFICER HONORARIUM

Post by elkapitan on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:49 am

Can the GSD officer claim an honorarium, being an appointed member of BAC?I heard there is a certain budget circular regarding this issue.
avatar
elkapitan
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : governmant official
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Honoraria for GSD Officer

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:14 pm

elkapitan wrote:Can the GSD officer claim an honorarium, being an appointed member of BAC?I heard there is a certain budget circular regarding this issue.

Payment of honorarium for procurement activities is not mandatory. If the procuring entity allows the payment of honorarium in accordance with Sec. 15 of the GPRA, the applicable guidelines are those issued by the DBM, specifically Budget Circular Nos. 2004-5A and 2007-3. Under the said guidelines, the members of the BAC are entitled to honorarium. The is no qualification that those from the GSD cannot claim for honorarium. Maybe you confuse it with the BAC Secretariat. The guidelines provides that BAC Secretariat may be paid honoraria in addition to their regular duties from non-procurement unit of the procuring entity. Normally, in LGUs, the GSD is designated as the procurement unit and if designated as BAC Secretariat then the GSD is not entitled to honoraria, but OT pay only.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Honoraria for GSD Officer

Post by elkapitan on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Budget Circular 2004-5A,section 5.7 reads "Heads of government entities are prohibited from paying honoraria to personnel involved in procurement activities outside of those covered herein."

The GSD Officer was appointed by the Mayor as a regular member of the Bids and Awards Committee,separate from the BAC secretariat, and is claiming an honorarium for it, is it a violation of section 5.7 of Budget circular 2004-5A?Considering the GSD is normally designated as the procurement unit of an LGU, so is it right to say that the GSD Officer is a personnel involved in procurement activities and that he or she is not allowed to receive an honorarium?


RDV wrote:
elkapitan wrote:Can the GSD officer claim an honorarium, being an appointed member of BAC?I heard there is a certain budget circular regarding this issue.

Payment of honorarium for procurement activities is not mandatory. If the procuring entity allows the payment of honorarium in accordance with Sec. 15 of the GPRA, the applicable guidelines are those issued by the DBM, specifically Budget Circular Nos. 2004-5A and 2007-3. Under the said guidelines, the members of the BAC are entitled to honorarium. The is no qualification that those from the GSD cannot claim for honorarium. Maybe you confuse it with the BAC Secretariat. The guidelines provides that BAC Secretariat may be paid honoraria in addition to their regular duties from non-procurement unit of the procuring entity. Normally, in LGUs, the GSD is designated as the procurement unit and if designated as BAC Secretariat then the GSD is not entitled to honoraria, but OT pay only.
[b]
avatar
elkapitan
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : governmant official
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Honoraria for GSD Officer

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:45 pm


elkapitan wrote:Budget Circular 2004-5A,section 5.7 reads "Heads of government entities are prohibited from paying honoraria to personnel involved in procurement activities outside of those covered herein."

The GSD Officer was appointed by the Mayor as a regular member of the Bids and Awards Committee,separate from the BAC secretariat, and is claiming an honorarium for it, is it a violation of section 5.7 of Budget circular 2004-5A?Considering the GSD is normally designated as the procurement unit of an LGU, so is it right to say that the GSD Officer is a personnel involved in procurement activities and that he or she is not allowed to receive an honorarium?
As RDV pointed out, you may be confused of the circular. The underlined is pertaining to other personnel not mentioned by the preceeding sections. Who are those mentioned? Let us look back those sections:

  • "5.1 The chairs and members of the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) and the Technical Working Group (TWG) may be paid honoraria only for successfully completed procurement projects... x x x"

  • "5.6 The members of the BAC Secretariat who are performing the attendant functions in additions to their regular duties in other non-procurement units of the agency may likewise be paid honoraria at the same rate as the TWG Chair and Members, subject to the same regulations... x x x"

The underlined part of the sections identified those persons who MAY be entitled honoraria. Section 5.7 is only corollary to 5.6 as continued from the 2nd paragraph:

  • "5.6 ...The members of the BAC Secretariat whose positions are in the Procurement Unit of the agency shall not be entitled to honoraria. The payment of overtime services may be allowed, subject to existing policy on the matter."

Hence, all other employees of the procurement unit, not being chair or member(s) of the BAC or the TWG cannot be granted honoraria.

Please remember, however, that honoraria is not mandatory as emphasized by the word "MAY". Very Happy
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Honoraria for GSD Officer

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum