when will the responsbility of the BAC ends?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

when will the responsbility of the BAC ends?

Post by neestrevencion on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:25 pm

good day!

when will the responsibility of the BAC ends?

is after the award was made? after the delivery and acceptance of items? After the payment was made?

What if, there is still questions from suppliers to be answered to be answered? Like, it turned out, there is no available items from its source; the supplier is offering an alternate items? who will answer such question, if any?

please advise.

thanks!
neestrevencion

Female Number of posts : 46
Company/Agency : Senate of the Philippines
Occupation/Designation : Legislative Staff Assistant II
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: when will the responsbility of the BAC ends?

Post by neestrevencion on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:51 pm

good day!

seems that my question is not that appealing to be answered by anybody in our forum! hehehehe

when i will base the end of BAC's responsibility per Annex "c", period of action on procurement activities, the last will be the issuance of the notice to proceed. At this time, no delivery, acceptance and payment are made yet.

What if upon receipt of the notice of award or before the end of the delivery schedule, the supplier requested approval for the alternative offer, at the advantage of the pe, since the original offer is no longer available in the market? to whom/what office will the supplier address the request? who/what office will act on the same?

kindly advise.

tysm!
neestrevencion

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:35 pm

neestrevencion wrote:good day!

seems that my question is not that appealing to be answered by anybody in our forum! hehehehe

when i will base the end of BAC's responsibility per Annex "c", period of action on procurement activities, the last will be the issuance of the notice to proceed. At this time, no delivery, acceptance and payment are made yet.

What if upon receipt of the notice of award or before the end of the delivery schedule, the supplier requested approval for the alternative offer, at the advantage of the pe, since the original offer is no longer available in the market? to whom/what office will the supplier address the request? who/what office will act on the same?

kindly advise.

tysm!

Good evening, neestrevencion:

Let me try to answer your concerns. The responsibility of the BAC ends when it has already made the recommendation (thru a Resolution) to the HOPE for the award of contract to the LCRB/HRRB and the recommendation is approved by the HOPE.

The succeeding processes after HOPE approval of award; i.e. issuance of Notice of Award, preparation and signing of the contract, and issuance of Notice to Proceed are no longer BAC's responsibility but the general responsibility of the procuring entity. Those responsibilities will have to be performed by the procurement unit, if there is one, or other units designated by the HOPE. Although, in some procuring entities, the BAC or the BAC Secretariat is given the responsibility by the HOPE.

After issuance of Notice of Award, any concerns by the winning bidder will have to be addressed to the HOPE and no longer to the BAC, precisely because it's responsibility has already ended and the ball is already with the procuring entity represented by the HOPE.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by neestrevencion on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:36 am

salamat po, sir rdv!
neestrevencion

Back to top Go down

Post by hello kitty on Wed May 11, 2011 3:09 pm

is that so? no wonder r BAC is not worried about the posting of performance bond in a negotiated procurement of consultancy service

hello kitty

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : Surigao Metropolitan Water District
Occupation/Designation : Legal Assistant - JO
Registration date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top