NEGATIVE SLIPPAGE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEGATIVE SLIPPAGE

Post by stephen on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:36 pm

sir.. good day.. yung negative slippage po ba basehan po natin para po madisqualified po ang isang bidder? thanks po..

stephen

Male Number of posts : 38
Company/Agency : DepEd
Occupation/Designation : twg
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: NEGATIVE SLIPPAGE

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:57 pm

stephen wrote:sir.. good day.. yung negative slippage po ba basehan po natin para po madisqualified po ang isang bidder? thanks po..

kung ang kanyang negative slippage ay mahigit 15%, maaari siyang ma-post-disqualified kung ang slippage ay dahil sa kapabayaan (fault or negligence) ng contractor.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:13 pm

thanks po Sir RDV.. Mabuhay po kayo..

stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:12 pm

RDV @ GP3i wrote:kung ang kanyang negative slippage ay mahigit 15%, maaari siyang ma-post-disqualified kung ang slippage ay dahil sa kapabayaan (fault or negligence) ng contractor.
Maaari po bang malaman ang legal na basehan ng probisyong ito? Saklaw po ba nito ang lahat ng proyekto kahit hindi kahalintulad (not similar in nature) ng kontrata na sinasalihan (tulad ng kalsada vs. multi-purpose building)? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:02 pm

engrjhez® wrote:
RDV @ GP3i wrote:kung ang kanyang negative slippage ay mahigit 15%, maaari siyang ma-post-disqualified kung ang slippage ay dahil sa kapabayaan (fault or negligence) ng contractor.
Maaari po bang malaman ang legal na basehan ng probisyong ito? Saklaw po ba nito ang lahat ng proyekto kahit hindi kahalintulad (not similar in nature) ng kontrata na sinasalihan (tulad ng kalsada vs. multi-purpose building)? Smile

Sec. 34.3 provides that post-qualification shall verify, validate and ascertain all statements made and documents submitted by the bidder with the LCRB, which shall consider, among others:
b) Technical requirements
ii) Verification of availability and commitment . . . as well as checking the performance of the bidder in the ongoing government and private contracts (if any of these on-going contracts shows a reported negative slippage of at least fifteen percent (15%), or substandard quality of work as per contract plans and specifications, or unsatisfactory performance of the contractor's obligations as per contract terms and conditions. . .due to the contractor's fault or negligence, the agency shall disqualify the contractor from the award), for the procurement of infrastructure projects.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:05 am

RDV @ GP3i wrote:
engrjhez® wrote:

Sec. 34.3 provides that post-qualification shall verify, validate and ascertain all statements made and documents submitted by the bidder with the LCRB, which shall consider, among others:
b) Technical requirements
ii) Verification of availability and commitment . . . as well as checking the performance of the bidder in the ongoing government and private contracts (if any of these on-going contracts shows a reported negative slippage of at least fifteen percent (15%), or substandard quality of work as per contract plans and specifications, or unsatisfactory performance of the contractor's obligations as per contract terms and conditions. . .due to the contractor's fault or negligence, the agency shall disqualify the contractor from the award), for the procurement of infrastructure projects.

Maraming salamat po! Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Engrjhez, can you provide illustrative example on how the negative slippage is being applied to the infra project contract. I am not familiar with the terms "Gantt chart", "Pert CPM chart" and I believe those tools are needed to compute the negative slippage (Hopefully I am correct?right?or maybe?). please provide me insights and for the rest of the forum members. Thanks in advance. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:49 pm

sunriser431 wrote:Engrjhez, can you provide illustrative example on how the negative slippage is being applied to the infra project contract. I am not familiar with the terms "Gantt chart", "Pert CPM chart" and I believe those tools are needed to compute the negative slippage (Hopefully I am correct?right?or maybe?). please provide me insights and for the rest of the forum members. Thanks in advance. Smile

Naku, hindi pala pumasok ang reply ko kahapon. Haba pa naman. Anyway, I'll try to repeat it na lang.

First you have to understand terms. Gantt Chart is simply a horizontal bar chart that with every activity enumerated per row. The abscissa (along x-axis) refers to days. Each activity is shown in bar graphs where to begin and where to end. Some activities may start with the other, like concreting of floor slab (in buildings) while masonry walls are being done at the same time. On the other hand, some needs completing an activity prior to the other like the floor slab (concrete) must be completed before any tile works is done. In any case, Gantt chart is one way of illustrating the activities from the beginning until completion. PERT-CPM is more technical in approach and it gives a more precise measure of duration but works in the same manner as a Gantt chart. On PERT-CPM, every combination of work (combination of different activities) are analyzed until we determine the "critical path" where all works need to be done on time for the project not to be delayed.

Negative Slippage is the percentage of delay based on contract duration (including any and all of its components). If for example certain group of works take 100 days to be completed (total contract duration is say 240c.d.) and the actual time it was completed was 115 days, a negative slippage of 15% (15 days) occurred. It can be obtained in the formula:

negative_slippage = (actual_days - critical_days) x 100% / (critical_days)

where critical_days refer to required contract duration (either in the Gantt or a more precise CPM or Critical Path Method) where works cannot be expedited anymore based on original setup.

A similar topic was already discussed here. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:14 am

engrjhez® wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:Engrjhez, can you provide illustrative example on how the negative slippage is being applied to the infra project contract. I am not familiar with the terms "Gantt chart", "Pert CPM chart" and I believe those tools are needed to compute the negative slippage (Hopefully I am correct?right?or maybe?). please provide me insights and for the rest of the forum members. Thanks in advance. Smile

Naku, hindi pala pumasok ang reply ko kahapon. Haba pa naman. Anyway, I'll try to repeat it na lang.

First you have to understand terms. Gantt Chart is simply a horizontal bar chart that with every activity enumerated per row. The abscissa (along x-axis) refers to days. Each activity is shown in bar graphs where to begin and where to end. Some activities may start with the other, like concreting of floor slab (in buildings) while masonry walls are being done at the same time. On the other hand, some needs completing an activity prior to the other like the floor slab (concrete) must be completed before any tile works is done. In any case, Gantt chart is one way of illustrating the activities from the beginning until completion. PERT-CPM is more technical in approach and it gives a more precise measure of duration but works in the same manner as a Gantt chart. On PERT-CPM, every combination of work (combination of different activities) are analyzed until we determine the "critical path" where all works need to be done on time for the project not to be delayed.

Negative Slippage is the percentage of delay based on contract duration (including any and all of its components). If for example certain group of works take 100 days to be completed (total contract duration is say 240c.d.) and the actual time it was completed was 115 days, a negative slippage of 15% (15 days) occurred. It can be obtained in the formula:

where critical_days refer to required contract duration (either in the Gantt or a more precise CPM or Critical Path Method) where works cannot be expedited anymore based on original setup.

Engrjhez, Thanks for the inputs and the link provided Very Happy
I have another clarifications if you wont mind. Is there a need for the PE to copy furnished (as part of the BID documents) the PERT-CPM or the Gantt Chart to prospective bidders?
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:32 am

sunriser431 wrote:
engrjhez® wrote:

I have another clarifications if you wont mind. Is there a need for the PE to copy furnished (as part of the BID documents) the PERT-CPM or the Gantt Chart to prospective bidders?

sir.. good day po..
taken from RA 9184 section 37.2:

37.2. Contract Signing
37.2.1. The winning bidder shall post the required Performance Security and enter into
contract with the procuring entity within ten (10) calendar days from receipt by
the winning bidder of the Notice of Award.(a)
37.2.2. The procuring entity shall enter into contract with the winning bidder within the
same ten (10) day period provided that all the documentary requirements are
complied with.(a)
37.2.3. The following documents shall form part of the contract:
a) Contract Agreement;
b) Bidding Documents;
c) Winning bidder’s bid, including the Eligibility requirements, Technical and
Financial Proposals, and all other documents/statements submitted;
d) Performance Security;
e) Credit line in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, if applicable;
f) Notice of Award of Contract; and
g) Other contract documents that may be required by existing laws and/or
the procuring entity concerned in the Bidding Documents, such as the
construction schedule and S-curve, manpower schedule, construction
methods, equipment utilization schedule, construction safety and health
program approved by the Department of Labor and Employment, and
PERT/CPM for infrastructure projects.(a)

stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 am

stephen wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
engrjhez® wrote:

sir.. good day po..
taken from RA 9184 section 37.2:

37.2. Contract Signing
37.2.1. The winning bidder shall post the required Performance Security and enter into
contract with the procuring entity within ten (10) calendar days from receipt by
the winning bidder of the Notice of Award.(a)
37.2.2. The procuring entity shall enter into contract with the winning bidder within the
same ten (10) day period provided that all the documentary requirements are
complied with.(a)
37.2.3. The following documents shall form part of the contract:
a) Contract Agreement;
b) Bidding Documents;
c) Winning bidder’s bid, including the Eligibility requirements, Technical and
Financial Proposals, and all other documents/statements submitted;
d) Performance Security;
e) Credit line in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, if applicable;
f) Notice of Award of Contract; and
g) Other contract documents that may be required by existing laws and/or
the procuring entity concerned in the Bidding Documents, such as the
construction schedule and S-curve, manpower schedule, construction
methods, equipment utilization schedule, construction safety and health
program approved by the Department of Labor and Employment, and
PERT/CPM for infrastructure projects.(a)
Thanks for sharing, anyway my queries before contract signing, meaning prior the submission of the bids and making it as part of the Bid documents. (the PE will copy furnished the PERT-CPM or the GANTT chart to the bidder). bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down