Latest topics

trainings/seminars

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

trainings/seminars

Post by addeo on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:59 am

due to so many amendments and new views on ra 9184 and its irra, maybe it's about time that the gppb conduct another rounds of trainings/seminars so we can discuss fully all the problems encountered by the bac specially in the lgu level. please inform us if you will conduct this much needed seminars.

addeo

Male Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : ceo, trece martires city, cavite
Occupation/Designation : asst city engineer, twg head
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: trainings/seminars

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:57 pm

addeo wrote:due to so many amendments and new views on ra 9184 and its irra, maybe it's about time that the gppb conduct another rounds of trainings/seminars so we can discuss fully all the problems encountered by the bac specially in the lgu level. please inform us if you will conduct this much needed seminars.
This is what I think is better than waiting for GPPB's training/seminar - SELF REVIEW.

A lot of training/seminars I saw and as I observed, are 90% useless. Why? Because 90% of participants are not getting any (either they cannot ride with the discussion, or just not interested anyway). Only one out of ten tends to grab the idea and concept. So, it is still better reviewing the GPRA and IRR all by the committee themselves, looking and collaborating with other agencies whom they think are consistently complying with the GPRA, and regularly follow discussions on forums such as this one. Very Happy (as if i was advertising the forum) Very Happy

If somebody will attend the training/seminar, please choose the interested and not the authoritative one. The song goes "It is better to light just one little candle than to stumble in the dark." The interested one with no authority may still get better and shine later, but the authority with no interest is just a ringing bell in a room.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:16 pm

engrjhez wrote:
addeo wrote:due to so many amendments and new views on ra 9184 and its irra, maybe it's about time that the gppb conduct another rounds of trainings/seminars so we can discuss fully all the problems encountered by the bac specially in the lgu level. please inform us if you will conduct this much needed seminars.
This is what I think is better than waiting for GPPB's training/seminar - SELF REVIEW.

A lot of training/seminars I saw and as I observed, are 90% useless. Why? Because 90% of participants are not getting any (either they cannot ride with the discussion, or just not interested anyway). Only one out of ten tends to grab the idea and concept. So, it is still better reviewing the GPRA and IRR all by the committee themselves, looking and collaborating with other agencies whom they think are consistently complying with the GPRA, and regularly follow discussions on forums such as this one. Very Happy (as if i was advertising the forum) Very Happy

If somebody will attend the training/seminar, please choose the interested and not the authoritative one. The song goes "It is better to light just one little candle than to stumble in the dark." The interested one with no authority may still get better and shine later, but the authority with no interest is just a ringing bell in a room.

HAIL TO THE FORUM! i think seminars on the GPRA conducted by "CORONA" (ever heard that one engrjhez?) are too costly. I dont know how the participants could digest a seminar in a "question and answer" forum, although i never attended it sa totoo lang.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:50 pm

ruel t. wrote:HAIL TO THE FORUM! i think seminars on the GPRA conducted by "CORONA" (ever heard that one engrjhez?) are too costly. I dont know how the participants could digest a seminar in a "question and answer" forum, although i never attended it sa totoo lang.
AGREE.

I have received their numerous invitations (and concealed invitations to other offices as well) but none of us here really attended any of their seminars. (In fairness to Corona, their objective is good, and their "schooling approach" may still be beneficial to most of us.)

But far from being just costly, the "seminar" will turn out to be (i think) an "outing". I can just imagine the crowd during registrations on the first day, and suddenly disappearing at the last day Very Happy ). Why go out of town when we have DBM Regional Offices who can provide immediate attention to queries on GPRA? And to think they are not accredited Procurement Trainers (are they?) Unless of course a "summer vacation" is wanting... haha! Razz

Just noticed, you got you Like a Star @ heaven now as an active poster. Congratulations! and Hail to you!

HAIL GPPB ONLINE FORUM POSTERS! cheers
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by addeo on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:03 am

tama kayo diyan. but still there are people who are responsible enough to make this law work for the good of the government specially lgu's. bac members usually has no time to review the law and they just pass on the responsibilities to twg members

addeo

Male Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : ceo, trece martires city, cavite
Occupation/Designation : asst city engineer, twg head
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by brucewayne on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:12 pm

I just want to add that when you're not satisfied with the opinions of your Regional Composite Team of Trainors (for LGUs) you can always call GPPB legal office. It's good I discovered this forum thru the postings of engrjhez at homepage. Not all auditors are well-versed with the provisions of R.A. 9184 and it's usually the BAC Chair who will do all the researches to make everything lawful without the help of the members.With Sir RDV behind this forum and to all the contributors/posters I believe there's still hope for the Philippines.

On another note, I would like to suggest that copies of GPPB Resolutions/amendments/opinions be given to the DILG Central Office or DBM which will then forward these things to the BACs of LGUs nationwide. There is a need for this because not all of us are internet citizens.
brucewayne

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : LGU-Alcala, Pangasinan
Occupation/Designation : ..... MPDC/BAC Chairman
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:02 pm

addeo wrote:tama kayo diyan. but still there are people who are responsible enough to make this law work for the good of the government specially lgu's. bac members usually has no time to review the law and they just pass on the responsibilities to twg members
Not to mention the ever supportive BAC Secretariat... Very Happy

I guess it's not really time, resources, or skills that make a good cultivation of the law - but yung malasakit! Considering the crisis and the corruption in the government, "malasakit" seems to be a word so hard to find nowadays.
Sleep
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by kim_wd on Mon May 18, 2009 3:08 pm

I would like to suggest that the HOPE (wherein in our case, it's the BODs) be given an extensive knowledge on the concept of the GPRA, with emphasis on the importance of the PPMP, the APP, the formulation of the ABC. We at the BAC oftentimes encounter problems during bidding, which results to failure of bidding, because the ABC has become lower than the current market price. The reason for this, accdg to the end-users, is that the BODs, during budgeting, would slash down the requested amount saying that it is bloated. There is a substantial difference in the item cost during budgeting and by the time the item is set for procurement.
kim_wd

Female Number of posts : 43
Company/Agency : GOCC water district
Occupation/Designation : BAC Member
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon May 18, 2009 4:48 pm

The BAC members have 1 year term renewable at the option of the HOPE, so does the TWG will serve at the pleasure of the BAC, but the BAC Secretariat here to stay permanently. Training and seminars are welcome cheers
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS

Back to top Go down

Post by ssu_08 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:24 pm

engrjhez wrote:
addeo wrote:tama kayo diyan. but still there are people who are responsible enough to make this law work for the good of the government specially lgu's. bac members usually has no time to review the law and they just pass on the responsibilities to twg members
Not to mention the ever supportive BAC Secretariat... Very Happy

I guess it's not really time, resources, or skills that make a good cultivation of the law - but yung malasakit! Considering the crisis and the corruption in the government, "malasakit" seems to be a word so hard to find nowadays.
Sleep

100% tama ka diyan, Engr. Jhez. Unfortunately, people who still think the way you and addeo do are a dying breed. Let's just hope they (people referred to by addeo) will continue acting and thinking that way to give hope and encouragement to those who believe this law will work.
ssu_08

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : SUC
Occupation/Designation : PSO staff (detailed)
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ssu_08 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 pm

engrjhez wrote:

You're right, Engr. Not everybody who attends seminars/trainings absorb what is being discussed. They just rely on the handouts given. Most of these attendees are only after the certificates of attendance because in government, especially in matters of promotion, transfers and/or upgrading of positions, these certificates carry a lot of weight and additional points.
ssu_08

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : SUC
Occupation/Designation : PSO staff (detailed)
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:27 pm

ssu_08 wrote:
You're right, Engr. Not everybody who attends seminars/trainings absorb what is being discussed. They just rely on the handouts given. Most of these attendees are only after the certificates of attendance because in government, especially in matters of promotion, transfers and/or upgrading of positions, these certificates carry a lot of weight and additional points.

BTW, Welcome to the forum ssu_08 and thanks for participating.

It is a fundamental rule (even in the post graduate studies) to realize each class as 90% inefficient. An assumption that only one out of ten really understands the discussion. As the professor, it is not practical to try and reach out every one of them. Instead, try to collaborate with that one who knew and understand your language well. It may look like favoritism though, but this one can bridge the discussion to the rest of the class. This "bright one" will surely have one or two more who would understand the relayed discussion of the professor. So by next class meeting, we now have three (3) who understand the topic. Having two other who can take the next level discussion, the rest of the class now have three (3) to rely on from the original one (1). The cycle is proven to be effective in most cases.

Kaya nga, sayang ang mga me kakayahang umunawa at magpalawig ng implementasyon ng GPRA dahil karamihan sa mga mahuhusay na ito ay hindi 'kapanalig' o hindi nakikiisa sa corruption. Nakakahinayang dahil sila ang kailangan ng ating bansa. Pero tulad ng karamihan dito sa ating forum, umaasa tayo na balang araw, mailuluklok tayo sa isang pwesto na mayroong sapat na kapangyarihan upang maitama ang mga maling sistemang nakasanayan na natin.

It is not yet the end of the road for any of us. And this forum is just like any road - just less travelled. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by kim_wd on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Good day everyone!
Ask ko lang if we in the BAC here in Tacloban City attend the seminar posted in the GPPB website, which particularly indicates "for: Province of Leyte 1"?
Since water districts are considered GOCCs, will the topics to be discussed in the training be applicable for us? We are thinking that the discussion might just focus on procurement for LGUs.
Thank you. Smile
kim_wd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm

mas maganda po kung ung coordinator yung kausapin nyo may phone number naman po dun e

Back to top Go down

Post by jesteR on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:36 pm

In 2008, the COA did the seminar update for IRR-A (Region 1) we attended. The Revised IRR update will be spearheaded daw by DBM. Tapos na yata sila sa LGUs until Dec09, but have no sked yet for gocc's the last i called them up early this month. COA have done their own updates among their auditors. Sa seminar, i will strongly recommend that our HOPE will attend. Meron po ba taga Region 1 dito sa forum? Thanks.
jesteR

Male Number of posts : 26
Company/Agency : GOCC nfcsarrat
Occupation/Designation : operations
Registration date : 2010-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 am

jester81 wrote:In 2008, the COA did the seminar update for IRR-A (Region 1) we attended. The Revised IRR update will be spearheaded daw by DBM. Tapos na yata sila sa LGUs until Dec09, but have no sked yet for gocc's the last i called them up early this month. COA have done their own updates among their auditors. Sa seminar, i will strongly recommend that our HOPE will attend. Meron po ba taga Region 1 dito sa forum? Thanks.

If I would to choose, this is the best seminar jes, in this online Forum.. you can get lots and lots of learnings from our "battle tested warrior" veterans like RDV, Sunriser, engrjhez, amang, mmp, msm, venom, (atty shobe where are you na? going big-time na ata as consultant ah. Very Happy ) and everybody else out there lol! , who has the "hands-on" experience in the "Art of Govt Procurement Procurement". These unsung heroes (yakks! Very Happy Very Happy) who combined "theory and practice" in this very informative site. bounce (from the bottom of my heART, totoo po yun, yooh! sunny
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jesteR on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:49 am

Kung meron seminar from COA or DBM, my purpose is to recommend mag attend ang HOPE as he doesn't listen to the BAC... Now, if the HOPE declines, we can always cite that BAC members who attend the seminar are the authority, di ba? Here, the forum is very helpful, but cannot be cited formally as basis of decisions?
jesteR

Back to top Go down

Post by kim_wd on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:53 am

WormaixJr wrote:mas maganda po kung ung coordinator yung kausapin nyo may phone number naman po dun e

Hi, thanks po sa reply. Yun nga po e, wala namang contact no. silang nilagay, just the PBO name lang ang nandun. We really need to attend one para ma-clarify kami sa mga revisions. Nalilito pa nga minsan sa dating IRR, eto at ni-revise naman.
Meron din po kayang ilalabas na bagong procurement manual in consonance na sa revised IRR? Sana rin lumabas na yung mga bagong sample forms. Iba rin kasi yung me sample forms; it makes life easier for the BAC Secretariat. Sad
kim_wd

Back to top Go down

Post by kim_wd on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:01 am

jester81 wrote:Kung meron seminar from COA or DBM, my purpose is to recommend mag attend ang HOPE as he doesn't listen to the BAC... Now, if the HOPE declines, we can always cite that BAC members who attend the seminar are the authority, di ba? Here, the forum is very helpful, but cannot be cited formally as basis of decisions?

You're right sir, the HOPE really need to attend the seminars on RA 9184. So that they will know the extent of their responsibility on procurement, at the same time to be clarified on the role of the BAC. There are times kasi na ine-expect nilang dedesisyunan pa ng BAC yung mga bagay na nasa contract implementation na at management responsibility na sana. scratch
kim_wd

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 pm

ruel wrote:
jester81 wrote:In 2008, the COA did the seminar update for IRR-A (Region 1) we attended. The Revised IRR update will be spearheaded daw by DBM. Tapos na yata sila sa LGUs until Dec09, but have no sked yet for gocc's the last i called them up early this month. COA have done their own updates among their auditors. Sa seminar, i will strongly recommend that our HOPE will attend. Meron po ba taga Region 1 dito sa forum? Thanks.

If I would to choose, this is the best seminar jes, in this online Forum.. you can get lots and lots of learnings from our "battle tested warrior" veterans like RDV, Sunriser, engrjhez, amang, mmp, msm, venom, (atty shobe where are you na? going big-time na ata as consultant ah. Very Happy ) and everybody else out there lol! , who has the "hands-on" experience in the "Art of Govt Procurement Procurement". These unsung heroes (yakks! Very Happy Very Happy) who combined "theory and practice" in this very informative site. bounce (from the bottom of my heART, totoo po yun, yooh! sunny

grabe ka naman engr., tinawag mo pa kaming mga warrior, heh.he.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

trainings/seminars

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Am from Region 5. Can we attend GPPB trainings/seminar in other regions in case we cannot attend here in Legaspi due to conflict of schedule with other equally important event in our office?
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:03 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Am from Region 5. Can we attend GPPB trainings/seminar in other regions in case we cannot attend here in Legaspi due to conflict of schedule with other equally important event in our office?

In our region, we allow those you would like to attend the procurement trainings of other regions if we cannot immediately schedule a seminar for them. Although, in our case, we have already lined up a series of seminars for our LGUs in Region IV-B for the month of February and they are already posted in the GPPB website. After February, we will be conducting a series of seminars for barangays although we have not yet posted those schedules in the GPPB website.

There are those from other regions, based on our posted scheduled trainings, who inquire if they could attend our trainings, we respond in the affirmative, but we require them to inform the composite team in the region where they are based. The purpose is to find out if there is a scheduled in their area which they could attend already, and if not, to ask for permission to attend our training out of our respect to the composite team in their area.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by jesteR on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:58 pm

Sir RDV, is it advisable for GOCCs to join, if allowed, update seminars with LGUs? While LGUs I guess have more projects on infrastructure(?), maka-relate naman GOCCs na mostly on Goods? Although good learning din dapat details on infrastructure procurement. Thanks.
jesteR

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:20 pm

jester81 wrote:Sir RDV, is it advisable for GOCCs to join, if allowed, update seminars with LGUs? While LGUs I guess have more projects on infrastructure(?), maka-relate naman GOCCs na mostly on Goods? Although good learning din dapat details on infrastructure procurement. Thanks.

There is not much difference in the training design and content of the training modules since standardized na nga procurement natin. If the participants are varied, like there are those from NGAs, GOCCs, and LGUs, we try to emphasize the differences, such as BAC composition, thresholds in amounts, allowable forms of securities, on some specific periods of actions (because in some cases longer ang period kung GOCCs).
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by jesteR on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Good to know that, thanks, sir Smile