Latest topics

Pre-Bid Conference

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre-Bid Conference

Post by Bimbim on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Please explain further section 22.3, which says that " attendance to the pre-bid conference is not mandatory and only those who have purchased the Bidding Documents shall be allowed to participate in the Pre-Bid Conference and raise or submit written queries or clarification". Does this mean also that if a certain prospective bidder although he or she has purchased bidding documents after the pre-bid conference and consequently did not attend the scheduled pre-bid conference is entitled to file a written query to the BAC regarding the technical aspect of the project? Further can a prospective bidder be allowed to purchase bidding documents after the Pre-bid conference despite non attendance to said Pre-bid conference?

Bimbim
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : RGFL Construction
Occupation/Designation : Project Manager
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre-Bid Conference

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Bimbim wrote:Please explain further section 22.3, which says that " attendance to the pre-bid conference is not mandatory and only those who have purchased the Bidding Documents shall be allowed to participate in the Pre-Bid Conference and raise or submit written queries or clarification".
Sec. 22.3 was already amended by GPPB Res. 06-2009. It now provides, among others, that "at the option of the procuring entity, only those who have purchased the Bidding Documents shall be allowed to participate in the pre-bid conference and raise or submit written queries or clarifications." In other words, the procuring entity may allow bidders to participate also in the pre-bid or submit written queries even if they have not yet purchased bidding docs. Likewise, attendance to pre-bid is still not mandatory.

Bimbim wrote:Does this mean also that if a certain prospective bidder although he or she has purchased bidding documents after the pre-bid conference and consequently did not attend the scheduled pre-bid conference is entitled to file a written query to the BAC regarding the technical aspect of the project?
Yes, the bidder is still entitled to file a written query after the pre-bid conference provided the written query is received by the BAC not later than 10 calendar days before the deadline for submission and opening of bids.

Bimbim wrote:Further can a prospective bidder be allowed to purchase bidding documents after the Pre-bid conference despite non attendance to said Pre-bid conference?
Yes, the bidder could stil purchase bid docs even up to the day of bid opening itself.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum