Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Yesterday at 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4


Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by rmap07 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:26 am

Hi everyone,

I am a technical consultant with a government agency with a contract of 6 months. It is about to end, and they want it renewed. Unfortunately, they said that there should be a gap between the current contract and the new contract. Also, there is another contract which is a development contract with the same government agency. This development contract will start at the same time with the new consultancy contract.

My questions:
1. What do they mean by the gap between the current contract and the new contract?
2. Is it okay for me to have 2 contracts that will start at the same time? Is there such a thing as double compensation with government agencies?

Regards,
rmap07

rmap07
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : NU
Occupation/Designation : Consultant
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat May 07, 2011 8:17 am

rmap07 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am a technical consultant with a government agency with a contract of 6 months. It is about to end, and they want it renewed. Unfortunately, they said that there should be a gap between the current contract and the new contract. Also, there is another contract which is a development contract with the same government agency. This development contract will start at the same time with the new consultancy contract.

My questions:
1. What do they mean by the gap between the current contract and the new contract?
2. Is it okay for me to have 2 contracts that will start at the same time? Is there such a thing as double compensation with government agencies?

Regards,
rmap07

I will assume that you are an "individual consultant" hired under Negotiated Procurement to do work that is highly technical (Sec. 53.7 of the IRR) that is why your contract is only 6 months. That particular section allows a procuring entity to hire you on the basis of negotiated procurement provided that the term of the contract should not exceed 6 months, but may be renewed subject to the discretion of the head of the procuring entity (HOPE) which should not exceed his/her term. There is nothing in that section that says there should be a "gap" between your original contract and the new contract.

On your 2nd question, and on the basis of my assumption that you are an "individual consultant", how could you perform those 2 contracts which will start at the same time? Unless those 2 contracts are not full-time contracts, you could not perform them at the same time. There is such a thing as "double compensation" in government but it would not apply to you since it is only applicable to government personnel.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by rmap07 on Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Yes, I am an "individual consultant". The 2 contracts are not full-time contracts. Thanks RDV @ GP3i for the reply. Have a good day!

rmap07
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : NU
Occupation/Designation : Consultant
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by hello kitty on Wed May 11, 2011 3:19 pm

hi good afternoon everyone.

is sec 53.4 applies to consultancy?

hello kitty
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : Surigao Metropolitan Water District
Occupation/Designation : Legal Assistant - JO
Registration date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by engrjhez® on Thu May 12, 2011 3:03 pm

hello kitty wrote:hi good afternoon everyone.

is sec 53.4 applies to consultancy?

Yes, it may apply to Consulting Services.

53.4. Adjacent or Contiguous. Where the subject contract is adjacent or contiguous to an on-going Infrastructure Project or Consulting Service where the consultants have unique experience and expertise to deliver the required service x x x

Smile


avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by divadon on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:13 pm

engrjhez® wrote:
hello kitty wrote:hi good afternoon everyone.

is sec 53.4 applies to consultancy?

Yes, it may apply to Consulting Services.

53.4. Adjacent or Contiguous. Where the subject contract is adjacent or contiguous to an on-going Infrastructure Project or Consulting Service where the consultants have unique experience and expertise to deliver the required service x x x

Smile



Ask ko lang po, if procurement will be done under 53.7 IRR, do we need to have 3 quotations from consultants?thanks

divadon
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : FDA
Occupation/Designation : LICD
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by divadon on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Ask ko lang po, if procurement will be done under 53.7 IRR, do we need to have 3 quotations from consultants?thanks

divadon
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : FDA
Occupation/Designation : LICD
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm

divadon wrote:Ask ko lang po, if procurement will be done under 53.7 IRR, do we need to have 3 quotations from consultants?thanks

I don't thinks so. Sec.53.7 speaks of "policy determining" and "trust and confidence" so it will be directly by appointment. In my opinion, this is like the "Direct Contracting" for consulting services.
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by divadon on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 pm

engrjhez® wrote:
divadon wrote:Ask ko lang po, if procurement will be done under 53.7 IRR, do we need to have 3 quotations from consultants?thanks

I don't thinks so. Sec.53.7 speaks of "policy determining" and "trust and confidence" so it will be directly by appointment. In my opinion, this is like the "Direct Contracting" for consulting services.

clarification lang po, isnt direct contracting applicable only for goods?what if less than 100,000 ang ABC of the project, can we use small value procurement for consultant?

divadon
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : FDA
Occupation/Designation : LICD
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 pm

divadon wrote:
engrjhez® wrote:
divadon wrote:Ask ko lang po, if procurement will be done under 53.7 IRR, do we need to have 3 quotations from consultants?thanks

I don't thinks so. Sec.53.7 speaks of "policy determining" and "trust and confidence" so it will be directly by appointment. In my opinion, this is like the "Direct Contracting" for consulting services.

clarification lang po, isnt direct contracting applicable only for goods?what if less than 100,000 ang ABC of the project, can we use small value procurement for consultant?

What I said po is "just like" and not direct contracting per se. Of course Direct Contracting is for goods only. Counterpart niya sa consulting (just like) yung paggamit ng Sec.53.7 if it falls on highly technical consultant. Of course for regular consultancy services (not policy determining or trust and confidence based), Public Bidding or for alternative, SVP may apply also.

Just be sure that the procurement is in the APP and the mode is clear on what to use. Smile
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewal of Consultancy Services Contract

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum