Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Possibility of establishing procurement entities on a per sector basis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possibility of establishing procurement entities on a per sector basis

Post by karlpaulo on Tue May 05, 2009 10:57 am

hi everyone..since its my first time to post a new topic, allow me to get some of your view/s regarding the establishment of procuring entities on a per sector basis. For example, a certain Govt agency is composed of diff offices/departments/divisions. Are there any repercussions with the provisions of ra9184 and irr-a Very Happy
karlpaulo

Male Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : PMO IV
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Possibility of establishing procurement entities on a per sector basis

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue May 05, 2009 6:27 pm

karlpaulo wrote:hi everyone..since its my first time to post a new topic, allow me to get some of your view/s regarding the establishment of procuring entities on a per sector basis. For example, a certain Govt agency is composed of diff offices/departments/divisions. Are there any repercussions with the provisions of ra9184 and irr-a Very Happy

I got confused with your question. You started with "procuring entities on a per sector basis" but your example is "Govt agency composed of diff offices/departments/divisions." Your example is a typical government agency, it is composed of different offices, depts, divisions, sections. The provisions of RA 9184 applies to it. You have to look at the definition of a "procuring entity" under Sec. 5 of the law and irr-a.

If you could clarify further your question and situation, we may be able to answer it more definitively. Thanks
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue May 05, 2009 11:55 pm

karlpaulo wrote:hi everyone..since its my first time to post a new topic, allow me to get some of your view/s regarding the establishment of procuring entities on a per sector basis. For example, a certain Govt agency is composed of diff offices/departments/divisions. Are there any repercussions with the provisions of ra9184 and irr-a Very Happy
Are we talking here of LGUs (in particular). It is the only government structure (i know) covering the complexities of individual NGAs (representing various departments and other sectors) all rolled into one procurement entity.

If not, you query might be leading to the further decentralization of procurement entities. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by karlpaulo on Wed May 06, 2009 12:11 pm

sorry if i got u confused mr.rdv. well, the query was really confusing since they raised the issue of whether or not there is a possibility to establish a procuring entity per sector basis. they cited the example of their current organizational structure (such as management services sector, legal sector, health and finance sector, fund management sector, operations sector etc.) they also mentioned sction 11.1 of the irr of ra 9184. i think what they are pertaining is the creation of another BAC per sector basis.

PS
they are not an LGU
karlpaulo

Male Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : PMO IV
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed May 06, 2009 1:06 pm

karlpaulo wrote:sorry if i got u confused mr.rdv. well, the query was really confusing since they raised the issue of whether or not there is a possibility to establish a procuring entity per sector basis. they cited the example of their current organizational structure (such as management services sector, legal sector, health and finance sector, fund management sector, operations sector etc.) they also mentioned sction 11.1 of the irr of ra 9184. i think what they are pertaining is the creation of another BAC per sector basis.

PS
they are not an LGU

I think it is not legally possible insofar as the definition of a procuring entity is concerned.

Sec. 5(o) of GPRA defines Procuring Entity as "any branch, department, office, agency, or instrumentality of the government, including state universities and colleges, governmentownedand/or -controlled corporation s, government financial institutions, and local government units procuring Goods, Consulting Services and Infrastructure Projects."

From that definition, sectoral groupings would not fit in to be considered as a procuring entity.

The next problem is who will be the HOPE. Sec 5(j) defines HOPE as the: "(i ) the head of the agency or his duly authorized official, for national government agencies; (ii) the governing board or its duly authorized official, for government-owned and/or controlled corporations; or (iii) the local chief executive, for local government units. Provided, That in a department, office or agency where the procurement is decentralized, the Head of each decentralized unit shall be considered as the Head of the Procuring Entity subject to the limitations and authority delegated by the head of the department, office or agency."
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by shobe on Mon May 11, 2009 12:57 pm

I have two options for you Mr. Karlpaulo.

First is the one provided under Section 11.1 of the IRR-A. Although it doesn’t directly answer issue posted, I think it would be far safer for the procuring entity to establish different Bids and Awards Committees (pursuant nonetheless to the requisites under the aforementioned section) rather than pursue the establishment of different “procuring entities” on a per sector basis.

Second option would be the delegation of approval vis-ŕ-vis the different thresholds within a procuring entity. I noticed that this is what prolongs the procurement activities of different government agencies. It is therefore my humble opinion that proper delegation would in a way make other officers not only more accountable but would in a way answer the problems as regards the delays in the approval process in procurement undertakings of agencies. This would likewise, in a way, solve the issue raised by Sir RDV as regards the determination of the HOPE in the case at hand.

shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 79
Company/Agency : Makati Firm
Occupation/Designation : Lawyer
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by karlpaulo on Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 am

thank you mr rdv, engrjhez and atty shobe for the enlightenment. Very Happy
karlpaulo