Latest topics

compensations of employee doing the duties of a BAC secretary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

compensations of employee doing the duties of a BAC secretary

Post by francisca on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:07 pm

I am an administrative aide under job order status serving the office of the BAC Chairman. though i am not a member of BAC Secretariat, i am also the one responsible in the preparation of all the documents required by the BAC....is there any rule that allows that i can have a compensation in doing this functions??? please enlighten.....

francisca

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : BATSU
Occupation/Designation : Secretary
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: compensations of employee doing the duties of a BAC secretary

Post by Dong S on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:01 pm

As general rule all personel involved in government procurement shall be entitled of honoraria. However, support staff of the BAC shall include only the TWG and the BAC Secretariat. If you're not a member of any of those group, I suggest you insist membership or be part of either the TWG or the Secretariat. And if you're doing your task in the capacity as BAC Secretariat in a full-time basis that would warrant prohibition from earning extra compensation. If not, then you are entitled to receving one.

Take note, membership to any of those group shall require memorandum order emanating from the HOPE.
Dong S

Male Number of posts : 48
Company/Agency : LGU Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer II/Des -Head, BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-10-27

http://www.ecomval.gov.ph\nabunturan

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Pursuant to RA 9184, members of the BAC (including BAC Secretariat and TWG) are permanent employees of the Procuring Entity and entitled to the honoraria. Employees on job order basis are not entitled to such benefit
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:17 pm

rsongahid wrote:As general rule all personel involved in government procurement shall be entitled of honoraria. However, support staff of the BAC shall include only the TWG and the BAC Secretariat. If you're not a member of any of those group, I suggest you insist membership or be part of either the TWG or the Secretariat. And if you're doing your task in the capacity as BAC Secretariat in a full-time basis that would warrant prohibition from earning extra compensation. If not, then you are entitled to receving one.

Take note, membership to any of those group shall require memorandum order emanating from the HOPE.

Please be informed that the original context of the law is not mandatory in nature. Referring to Section 15, "The procuring entity may grant payment of honoraria..." Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Dong S on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Gud day guys!

I stand corrected.......as the term "may" is synonymous to the "discretion" of the HOPE. It's either the HOPE grant or not grant honoraria. Absolutely no argument on that matter.

In the case of Francisca I pressumed that the HOPE already allowed the BAC, the TWG and members of the Secretariat to receiving honoraria.

One thing I noticed, this guy obviously refuse to concede that she should be a member of the Seretariat under the supervision of the Head of the BAC Secretariat.
Dong S

Back to top Go down

Post by Dong S on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:15 pm

It is not true that members of the BAC Secretariat has to be a permanent employee or must possess plantilla position. Circular provide that in the absence of a third ranking or fifth ranking official in an LGU a permanent employee shall qualify for the position as Head of the BAC Secretariat. Staff or members of the BAC Secretariat may include Job Order, casual, temporary and all other status we can name.

On the matter relative to granting of honoraria........... should the HOPE allow the grant of honoraria all personel involved in procurement activities is eligible. Prohibited from receiving honoraria are those members of BAC Secretariat whose function is solely procurement tasks. Those whose apointment is regarded to be in the procurement unit only.
Dong S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top