Latest topics

A flaw in the procurement system?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A flaw in the procurement system?

Post by benny g on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:19 pm

A preferred supplier almost corners the monthly needs? of our office. The preferred supplier through the
canvasser "rigs" the pertinent papers/requirements of the contract. The head of the agency is in cahoots
with the canvasser, supply officer, the bidding and awards committee, even the "agency" who is suppose to
safeguard this office.

Who's at fault? How can I fight this anomaly? How can I safeguard this?

benny g.

benny g

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : Home
Occupation/Designation : Student
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: A flaw in the procurement system?

Post by jcolas on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:07 am

benny g wrote:
A preferred supplier almost corners the monthly needs? of our office. The preferred supplier through the
canvasser "rigs" the pertinent papers/requirements of the contract. The head of the agency is in cahoots
with the canvasser, supply officer, the bidding and awards committee, even the "agency" who is suppose to
safeguard this office.

Who's at fault? How can I fight this anomaly? How can I safeguard this

To benny g. The Government Procurement Reform Act is not the panacea of every things that ails the procurement process in the government. We should not look at the GPRA as the Knight in a shining armor that will rescue us from all these shenanigans.Far from it as it is just a guide. It becomes useless when it is disregarded with impunity. It is the people involved in the procurement that can cure what ails the procurement system. In your case, you wrote that virtually all the people involved in the procurement activity of your office are in cahoots with the supplier. What you should do is to come up with documents to support your allegations and then file the necessary charges against them. Some people will discourage you and say that yours is a quixotic effort and that you are just a voice in the wilderness and that you are endangering your life, echetera, echetera, but , benny, who will act and when are we going to act? That is a question that you should answer.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 am

benny g wrote:A preferred supplier almost corners the monthly needs? of our office. The preferred supplier through the
safeguard this office.

benny g.

If you clear and solid evidence leading to the identification of this collusive practice, you can directly file the complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman. (http://www.ombudsman.gov.ph/)

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by benny g on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Thank so much!

benny g

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : Home
Occupation/Designation : Student
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 pm

benny g wrote:A preferred supplier almost corners the monthly needs? of our office. The preferred supplier through the canvasser "rigs" the pertinent papers/requirements of the contract. The head of the agency is in cahoots with the canvasser, supply officer, the bidding and awards committee, even the "agency" who is suppose to safeguard this office.

benny g.
If you are really interested to pursue the subject of your concern, you may try this LINK . Good luck bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by empleyado11 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 am

I think it is up to the government watchdog (COA) to find out if there is a hint of truth in this since they are the final repository of the documents in government transactions. This is happening in almost all of the government agencies considering that only a few agencies post their notices in the PhilGEPS.

empleyado11

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : gobyerno
Occupation/Designation : taga gobyerno
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sky on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

benny g, I feel for you! From a supplier's standpoint who probably really wants to give the government agency the best product at the best price, this kind of scenario is very frustrating.
The road that you have to take, if ever you chose to, is the road less taken, but I think it is the right thing to do. I advise that you do it discreetly and find a vendor that is willing to challenge that "preferred" supplier.

sky

Female Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : private corporation
Occupation/Designation : executive
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top