Garbage Collection & Disposal Services

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Garbage Collection & Disposal Services

Post by firstlady_5167 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Good Morning to all the viewers of this forum. I would like to solicit opinions regarding the Procurement of Garbage Collection & Disposal Services in our LGU. But before I go further may i be clarified if AIP and CDMP is also a part of the APP ? The said Procurement is not in the PPMP/APP but instead it is in the AIP under the Solid Waste Management Program. On the other hand is this considered highly technical services? Any suggestion as to what Mode of Procurement aside from Public Bidding can we apply and necessary documents we can require to interested bidders for this kind of services? The duration stated in the Project Proposal is 4 months (September to December) and the ABC is 7,908,336.00. Thank you and more power!
firstlady_5167
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : City Government of Tacloban
Occupation/Designation : Asst. Statistician/BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Garbage Collection & Disposal Services

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:03 pm

firstlady_5167 wrote:Good Morning to all the viewers of this forum. I would like to solicit opinions regarding the Procurement of Garbage Collection & Disposal Services in our LGU. But before I go further may i be clarified if AIP and CDMP is also a part of the APP ? The said Procurement is not in the PPMP/APP but instead it is in the AIP under the Solid Waste Management Program. On the other hand is this considered highly technical services? Any suggestion as to what Mode of Procurement aside from Public Bidding can we apply and necessary documents we can require to interested bidders for this kind of services? The duration stated in the Project Proposal is 4 months (September to December) and the ABC is 7,908,336.00. Thank you and more power!

1. AIP, CDMP, as well as LDIP, CLUP and other plans are not directly part of APP but the procurement within are. Example. Infra projects under AIP must be reflected under APP since APP must be consistent with the Approved Budget.

2. If that is not included in the PPMP/APP, then you should include that. If your Solid Waste Management program has budget for its implementation, then procurement for such must be in the APP.

3. The implementation of those procurement may or may be considered highly technical but hiring someone to do the study (as in consultants) may be.

4. Please be reminded that "all procurement shall be done thru competitive bidding..." as per Section 10 of RA 9184. I would not recommend exploring other methods (for that particular issue) unless it is a "life and death" situation. It may complicate things later if you push other methods.

5. The requirements for Competitive Public Bidding is already well defined and well established as per IRR, procurement manuals, and the Philippine Bidding Documents. We should only implement - not interpret.

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top