Latest topics

Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by accounting on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Our chief accountant is a member of BAC, is it a violation? Are there penalties on this? What if COA knew she was a BAC member?
avatar
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : State Universities and Colleges
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm

accounting wrote:Our chief accountant is a member of BAC, is it a violation? Are there penalties on this? What if COA knew she was a BAC member?
Follow the LINK . Good luck. bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by accounting on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Thank you sunriser431 for the link however im still looking as to sanctioned that could placed on the chief accountant because she behemently undermine the circular. I also not sure if the COA knew her membership in the BAC?
avatar
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : State Universities and Colleges
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 pm

accounting wrote:Thank you sunriser431 for the link however im still looking as to sanctioned that could placed on the chief accountant because she behemently undermine the circular. I also not sure if the COA knew her membership in the BAC?

Unfortunately, the "prime suspect" is not the Chief Accountant herself but the HOPE. It is the HOPE who delegate BAC Members. Thus the lapse was initially from the HOPE. The Chief Accountant's ignorance of the Circular is only secondary and circumstancial. Smile
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by accounting on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:47 am

I can't see the ignorance here of the accountant because we debated over it and i insists of the prohibition of the circular. the HOPE being replaced every end of his term is confident that the BAC in placed are competent that's why they were not replaced, is it not the responsibility of the accountant to tell it to the hope. And that if ever the accountant will be replaced. the HOPE's fear that whenever his voucher will be processed for payment, i will be personalized and will be unapproved by the accountant.
Sad
avatar
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : State Universities and Colleges
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:29 pm

accounting wrote:I can't see the ignorance here of the accountant because we debated over it and i insists of the prohibition of the circular. the HOPE being replaced every end of his term is confident that the BAC in placed are competent that's why they were not replaced, is it not the responsibility of the accountant to tell it to the hope. And that if ever the accountant will be replaced. the HOPE's fear that whenever his voucher will be processed for payment, i will be personalized and will be unapproved by the accountant.
Sad

As a member of the BAC, the primary considerations are: INTEGRITY and PROCUREMENT PROFICIENCY. On the part of the Accountant as member of the BAC, he/she should have known him/herself of the prevailing procurement laws, rules and regulations. The statutory principle that "ignorance of law excuses no one" applies. If the BAC is really competent and proficient, they should have known that rule also a long time ago.

Is the Accountant over and above the HOPE? Is the Accountant not accountable? Is the Accountant powerful enough not to process vouchers because of vendetta? The answers are all NO. The "rule of law" and "regime of truth" prevails. Smile
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by accounting on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:44 pm

How about sanctions that could be levied to both (accountant and HOPE), is there any. The circular only talks on prohibition but none on sanctions, this maybe the reason why the circular was behemently ignored. No
avatar
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : State Universities and Colleges
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:56 pm

accounting wrote:How about sanctions that could be levied to both (accountant and HOPE), is there any. The circular only talks on prohibition but none on sanctions, this maybe the reason why the circular was behemently ignored. No

The sanctions are not in the circular but on other prevailing laws particularly RA 6713. Penalty may be suspension up to removal from office depending on the gravity of violation. Smile
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by accounting on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:36 am

Thank you very much...
avatar
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : State Universities and Colleges
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Chief Accountant is a member of BAC.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum