Items of different categories for bidding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Items of different categories for bidding

Post by lux130000 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Various items of different categories are requested under one purchase request such as two units trucks, 3 units farm equipment, 2 units office equipment (laptop and projector) and one unit motorcycle. Another request include 8 units farm equipment, and another, 2 units tractors. The items classified into categories may be included in one bidding grouped in lots. Can the office equipment and motorcycle be excluded and procured through one of the alternative methods since, definitely, if included in the bidding, will definitely fail? No supplier will be interested to bid for just 2 units office equipment and one unit motorcycle.
lux130000

Female Number of posts : 15
Company/Agency : GOCC
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Items of different categories for bidding

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:59 am

lux130000 wrote:Various items of different categories are requested under one purchase request such as two units trucks, 3 units farm equipment, 2 units office equipment (laptop and projector) and one unit motorcycle. Another request include 8 units farm equipment, and another, 2 units tractors. The items classified into categories may be included in one bidding grouped in lots. Can the office equipment and motorcycle be excluded and procured through one of the alternative methods since, definitely, if included in the bidding, will definitely fail? No supplier will be interested to bid for just 2 units office equipment and one unit motorcycle.

I believe it is too early to conclude that. What we have is a procedure that tells us that "all government procurement shall be done thru competitive bidding" (Sec.10). With that in place, there is no pre-condition to the conduct thereof. If everyone will assume that bidding would fail, then why conduct bidding? Why not procure instantly? Please do not take this offensively as we are trying to see the reasons behind the preclusions.

Would it be detrimental on the part of the PE if you still post motorcycles and office equipment thru bidding? What are the their ABCs? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by lux130000 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:40 pm

ABC for motorcycle is 65,000, for laptop computer 35,000 and lcd multimedia projector 33,000. We are outside of manila and as experienced, procurement of these items through public bidding will definitely fail.
lux130000

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:06 pm

lux130000 wrote:ABC for motorcycle is 65,000, for laptop computer 35,000 and lcd multimedia projector 33,000. We are outside of manila and as experienced, procurement of these items through public bidding will definitely fail.

You may apply the use of alternative methods if (1) you have prior approval from HOPE and (2) if whenever justified by the conditions under IRR of RA 9184.

Pero it is still a question of why assume failure instead of predicting success? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by lux130000 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:12 pm

As i said, from countless experiences Smile
lux130000

Back to top Go down

Post by lux130000 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks
lux130000

Back to top Go down

Post by REZIE on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi Engrjhez, sana all of us in the BAC quote you " Why Assume failure instead of predicting success?" OH IF ONLY....then we would have a very transparent procurements of government PPEs/Services...

REZIE

Female Number of posts : 33
Company/Agency : DENR III PENRO AURORA
Occupation/Designation : GOVT EMP/ BOOKKEEPER/ REGULAR BAC MEMBER(FINANCE)
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:56 pm

lux130000 wrote:As i said, from countless experiences Smile
Subscribing. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:51 am

REZIE wrote:Hi Engrjhez, sana all of us in the BAC quote you " Why Assume failure instead of predicting success?" OH IF ONLY....then we would have a very transparent procurements of government PPEs/Services...

I hope I have not offended you in any manner. My intention is for you to think further in implementing the law and not thinking that the law would not work. Having said that, what would be the reason for a presumed failure? Is it that the ABC is underestimated? Is it your geographical location? Is it the specifications?

Whatever it is, I believe there is always a way to reach success in procurement process seamlessly with proper planning. Smile

engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:54 pm

I must agree with engrjhez. It is also one of our "countless experiences" when (prior to the requirement to post in the PhilGEPS)we "succumb" to the pressure by end-users regarding the so-called "exclusive distributor". The end-users would always justify that a certain company is the exclusive distributor of a certain equipment they would like to purchase, hence to ensure that our procurement will not fail, award of contract be given to this exclusive distributor without bidding or the required at least 3 quotations. But when the posting in the PhilGEPS and agency website was required, we found out that there are other companies who offered the same
specifications and at a lower cost

What am saying is, this is the reason why we have the RA 9184. I think location is not the issue. We have at one time received intentions to participate in the bidding from Mindanao, La Union, and even from foreigners and they submitted their offers to us. We are also outside of Manila, but our suppliers for items you mentioned plus other highly technical equipment are all from Manila. As engrjhez said, we do not intend to offend you. PEACE
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lux130000 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:27 pm

The items i mentioned are not highly technical and are available locally and since small in quantity, suppliers (as interviewed) would prefer not joining in the bidding because of the requirements.

No, not offended at all; I am here for clarification and i thank you all for the responses.

lux130000

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks lux1300000. If the items are available locally, then the more reason why your bidding will not fail. If the reason for not joining is because of the requirements. siguro sa umpisa lang yan. Sabi ko nga kami rin may "countless experiences" but we were just consistent in our effort to encourage our suppliers to be accredited to be able to participate. Talagang we write them to submit eligibility documents not only for bidding purposes but for other modes of procurement. (RFQs) I think we start from there, kasi kung di nati umpisahan, di natin talaga ma iimplement ang IRR. Sabi nga, if there's a will, there's a way. Kaya natin yan! PEACE
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down