Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : City Government of Tacloban
Occupation/Designation : Asst. Statistician/BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: National Convention on Philippine Government Procurement

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:27 pm

For information purpose only. Follow the LINK , for us to have clearer understanding the role of the GPPB. any way thumbs up for these thread. Peace. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by accounting on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Ok thank you for that. Isang hirit pa, You said GPPB has the duty to interpret meaning to say they are the arbiter. If ever COA disallowed such transaction and the agency questioned the disallowance believing that they do the right and proper procedure, they had to file the complaint to GPPB. Smile
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : State Universities and Colleges
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 pm

accounting wrote:Ok thank you for that. Isang hirit pa, You said GPPB has the duty to interpret meaning to say they are the arbiter. If ever COA disallowed such transaction and the agency questioned the disallowance believing that they do the right and proper procedure, they had to file the complaint to GPPB. Smile

The GPPB is a quasi-parliament, not quasi-judicial where you can file complaint and actions can be made directly. The GPPB's mandate to interpret resides on policies and not directly in the execution. Their (GPPB) opinion shall be the basis of appropriate actions of other agencies with seizure powers such as the COA. The agency can write formally to the GPPB the situation asking for its official stand on the matter (hoping that the reason for disallowance is in the procedure of procurement itself). The COA on the other hand should respect whatever the GPPB has to say.

Can you share to us what in particular may have been the reason for the said disallowance by COA? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by shawie on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:47 am

sana nga po matuloy u convention and one day is not enough kc im sure na maraming questions dyan.....and one more suggestion sana by region kc kung minsanan na convention the whole philippines super dami na....

shawie

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : LGU Lingayen
Occupation/Designation : bac secretairat
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by accounting on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:23 am

The reason of my interpelation is to determine really to whose function the interpretation of the procurement law belong. Yes i respect the oversight powers of the GPPB in the procurement law but what i cannot reconcile is that GPPB has the better stand to interpret the law. What i understand on the word interpret is that when a particular provision on the procurement is under question maybe in the course of the execution by the agency, disallowed by COA, and the disallowance is challenge by the agency then a government body shall intervene to solve the issue and interpret the provision in the procurement law to which the issue arise. By that the interpretation of that particular body shall reign and shall become the jurisprudence in resolving similar cases. In this case GPPB could not be that government body.

Well of course i know that when an auditor disallows any transaction and when challenge, the complaint is filed in the law department in the regional office of COA then in the central office and if ever could still not resolve then to the judiciary. Where is GPPB here?

I know that COA and GPPB has separate and different functions but to compare anyone from them in terms of the interpretation of the procurement law arise a big question. Thank you. Smile
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by accounting on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:44 am

Interpreting and oversight are two different word.Peace.
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:58 am

This could be a good venue for interaction of all Procurement Practitioners int he LGU,GOCC and NGAs, SUCs as well...
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Berna on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 pm

what i understand, in interpreting the law when there are dubious provisions, you have to interpret it according to how and why it was formulated or we have to deal with the "statutory construction" of it. insight lang po. Wink
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 115
Company/Agency : Calintaan Munti
Occupation/Designation : Clerk, BAC Sec
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://ompassessor.com.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by accounting on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:41 am

[what i understand, in interpreting the law when there are dubious provisions, you have to interpret it according to how and why it was formulated or we have to deal with the "statutory construction" of it. insight lang po.]

I join you with this opinion, but the question here is " who is on better position to interpret the procurement law", engrjhez strongly argued its the GPPB, while i run otherwise and thought of COA. Smile
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 pm

accounting wrote:[what i understand, in interpreting the law when there are dubious provisions, you have to interpret it according to how and why it was formulated or we have to deal with the "statutory construction" of it. insight lang po.]

I join you with this opinion, but the question here is " who is on better position to interpret the procurement law", engrjhez strongly argued its the GPPB, while i run otherwise and thought of COA. Smile

I hope I have not offended any COA here with this opinion. I believe the COA must stick with accounting and auditing rules. If there is a question on procurement, the COA should never interpret but only implement. That is the very reason why there is already an "Auditing Manual" for COA Auditors.

If the COA is the proper authority to give the interpretation on RA 9184, then why the COA website has not published a single interpretation or opinion on it in their website? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 pm

For information purpose only. Follow the LINK , good luck. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:30 pm

sunriser431 wrote:For information purpose only. Follow the LINK , good luck. bounce

Yes, it is indeed a classic example on how even the COA failed to understand what it has to protect. The interpretation they made was a big disappointment.
It is remarkably ironic that COA, the constitutional watchdog, signed
its imprimatur to a transaction which resulted from an irreparably flawed
bidding process. The Commission, in this case, has displayed a lamentable
disregard of its mandate as the sentinel of government resources. x x x.
It is, however, paramount that COA be reminded of its most
important role, seemingly forgotten in this case, in the promotion of
transparency and accountability in public financial transactions.

"Promotion of..." and not "Interpretation of..." . No offense intended. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:24 pm

msm326 wrote:This could be a good venue for interaction of all Procurement Practitioners int he LGU,GOCC and NGAs, SUCs as well...
Yes indeed. Badly needed na talaga ito and I think the GPPB-TSO should be more pro-active this time. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by accounting on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:10 am

Case resolved, thank you to all who shared their brilliant opinions, i learn a lot from this.
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by suizoph on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Kami sa Iloilo is very supportive of this proposal and sana before the year ends may convention na cuz this will enhance our procurement process for 2012. Sana naman po ma consider ng GPPB. It is time to ask feedback from the implementers with a ready Oversight Committee to handle some recommendations and revisions of RA 9184 for legislation purposes. Makinig naman po kayo sa implementers please? One-way traffic lng po tau eh? Always downwards, how about upwards kumbaga sama sama tau sa daang matuwid di po ba?

suizoph

Female Number of posts : 18
Company/Agency : BAC Iloilo
Occupation/Designation : Head, BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:14 pm

suizoph wrote:Kami sa Iloilo is very supportive of this proposal and sana before the year ends may convention na cuz this will enhance our procurement process for 2012. Sana naman po ma consider ng GPPB. It is time to ask feedback from the implementers with a ready Oversight Committee to handle some recommendations and revisions of RA 9184 for legislation purposes. Makinig naman po kayo sa implementers please? One-way traffic lng po tau eh? Always downwards, how about upwards kumbaga sama sama tau sa daang matuwid di po ba?

Thanks. I really hope this is being considered. Smile

engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by joyie on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 am

I do agree with this. Very Happy

Hope it will be scheduled before 2011 ends.. Razz
joyie
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : OP
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sectretariat/Asst. Info. Tech. Administrator (AITA)
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:36 pm

joy_ONP wrote:I do agree with this. Very Happy

Hope it will be scheduled before 2011 ends.. Razz

Thanks for your support. Sana may sagot na sa panawagan na ito. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:35 pm

accounting wrote:Case resolved, thank you to all who shared their brilliant opinions, i learn a lot from this.
cheers Good luck. Hopefully the propose convention will realize, count me in this activity. Peace.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by accounting on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 pm

This proposed convention shall be initiated by the GPPB or the association of the procurement officers in the government or the General service department because they hold the permanent plantila in the different organizations/agency.
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:50 pm

accounting wrote:This proposed convention shall be initiated by the GPPB or the association of the procurement officers in the government or the General service department because they hold the permanent plantila in the different organizations/agency.

My suggestion is that the GPPB thru TSO organize this gathering. If they cannot do it (alone), I believe there is an existing organization (GP3i) of government procurement professionals that may also assist in realizing this. Considering the upcoming updates, there must be an annual gathering to also review and assess the effectivity of RA 9184. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrlanz on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:30 am

i strongly agree to this planned convention kasi we really need updates on RA 9184 and property management as well...kaya lang, dapat mura ang registration para dami ang maka attend Very Happy .....also, can we suggest attendance of HOPE to this convention para aware sila sa responsibilities nla....

engrlanz

Female Number of posts : 17
Company/Agency : gocc
Occupation/Designation : administrative officer/BAC member
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:57 pm

engrlanz wrote:i strongly agree to this planned convention kasi we really need updates on RA 9184 and property management as well...kaya lang, dapat mura ang registration para dami ang maka attend Very Happy .....also, can we suggest attendance of HOPE to this convention para aware sila sa responsibilities nla....

Nice to see fellow engineers in the forum - Welcome!

We hope you could also share both questions and answers as well as experiences in this forum.

Mabuhay po tayong lahat!Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 pm

"Accounting wrote"
determine really to whose function the interpretation of the procurement law belong. Yes i respect the oversight powers of the GPPB in the procurement law but what i cannot reconcile is that GPPB has the better stand to interpret the law. What i understand on the word interpret is that when a particular provision on the procurement is under question maybe in the course of the execution by the agency, disallowed by COA, and the disallowance is challenge by the agency then a government body shall intervene to solve the issue and interpret the provision in the procurement law to which the issue arise.

The interpretation of the law resides with the Judicial branch of government. In the words of Chief Justice Reynato S. Puno: “The Judiciary may not have the power of the sword, may not have the power of the purse, but it has the power to interpret the Constitution, and the unerring lessons of history tell us that rightly wielded, that power can make a difference for good. Neither can the GPPB nor he COA interpret the law. They can only administer the law.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down