National Convention on Philippine Government Procurement

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: National Convention on Philippine Government Procurement

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 pm

jcolas wrote:"Accounting wrote"
determine really to whose function the interpretation of the procurement law belong. Yes i respect the oversight powers of the GPPB in the procurement law but what i cannot reconcile is that GPPB has the better stand to interpret the law. What i understand on the word interpret is that when a particular provision on the procurement is under question maybe in the course of the execution by the agency, disallowed by COA, and the disallowance is challenge by the agency then a government body shall intervene to solve the issue and interpret the provision in the procurement law to which the issue arise.

The interpretation of the law resides with the Judicial branch of government. In the words of Chief Justice Reynato S. Puno: “The Judiciary may not have the power of the sword, may not have the power of the purse, but it has the power to interpret the Constitution, and the unerring lessons of history tell us that rightly wielded, that power can make a difference for good. Neither can the GPPB nor he COA interpret the law. They can only administer the law.

Agree, but the context of the previous debate was not on the FINAL interpretation of the law but for immediate interpretation for the implementation of the law. Of course there is no arguing that ultimately, the Supreme Court decides all cases based on interpreting the law. But the "interpretation" that was argued about was to the authority to issue "opinions". Peace Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:11 am

"Accounting wrote"
The reason of my interpelation is to determine really to whose function the interpretation of the procurement law belong. Yes i respect the oversight powers of the GPPB in the procurement law but what i cannot reconcile is that GPPB has the better stand to interpret the law. What i understand on the word interpret is that when a particular provision on the procurement is under question maybe in the course of the execution by the agency, disallowed by COA, and the disallowance is challenge by the agency then a government body shall intervene to solve the issue and interpret the provision in the procurement law to which the issue arise. By that the interpretation of that particular body shall reign and shall become the jurisprudence in resolving similar cases. In this case GPPB could not be that government body

. If and when during the post audit of any transaction, the COA, comes in with a question through an Audit Observation Memorandum, the Procuring Entity has to answer and clarify the issue by citing appropriate GPPB Resolutions and opinions. If the Agency feels still aggrieve bythe decision of the auditor assigned in their office, it can elevate the issue to the Regional Office of the COA and if not satisfied, it can submit the issue to the Commission Proper. If the issue is not resolved,
the proper body to intervene is a court of law, and as what accounting posted, the interpretation by the Supreme Court, if the issue reached that body becomes supreme and shall be use to resolve similar cases..

jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sky on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Yes I think that this is important for both buyers and suppliers so that both sides know and understand how to conduct themselves.
Having this convention will push the image that we are trying to clean up and that the "old style" of procurement is not acceptable.
I am really impressed with this forum and wish it all the support it can get. Hopefully having a National Convention can raise the profile of your advocacy.

sky

Female Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : private corporation
Occupation/Designation : executive
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by striker on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:42 pm

I hope that the National Convention on Philippine Government Procurement will push thru hopefully next year requiring the BAC members and Secretariat to attend and learn more. Very Happy
striker

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : nbc
Occupation/Designation : admin
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:04 am

sky wrote:Yes I think that this is important for both buyers and suppliers so that both sides know and understand how to conduct themselves.
Having this convention will push the image that we are trying to clean up and that the "old style" of procurement is not acceptable.
I am really impressed with this forum and wish it all the support it can get. Hopefully having a National Convention can raise the profile of your advocacy.

Thanks for the comment. I am very optimistic that this is already in the 'drawing tables' of concerned groups. I just hope it does not end in the drawing tables but in a plenary session where we can all sit, listen and speak of our concerns on procurement reform.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by mari on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:39 pm

engrjhez, really hoping for the realization of this proposal... it really would help facilitate our operations. as it is now po kasi, our procurement process is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo messy, primarily because of differences in the interpretation of the IRR..... i strongly agree that auditors and accountants BE included in this proposal, together with the BAC members and secretariat. and hope that they get to really, really take it heart so that their convention/training fees would not be put to waste.

mari

Female Number of posts : 11
Company/Agency : penro
Occupation/Designation : PO/BO
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:53 am

engrjhez® wrote:
sky wrote:Yes I think that this is important for both buyers and suppliers so that both sides know and understand how to conduct themselves.

Thanks for the comment. I am very optimistic that this is already in the 'drawing tables' of concerned groups. I just hope it does not end in the drawing tables but in a plenary session where we can all sit, listen and speak of our concerns on procurement reform.
Its been more than a year now (August 26, 2011 to be precise), yet the proposal had not materialized. Hopefully soon. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:14 am

Well, we will try to knock on GPPB's door this time.

However, I remember talking with a GP3i member saying this should be their job. I just do not know if GP3i is already planning this out since my application for membership is still in the 'neither confirmed nor denied' status. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:52 am

Days, months, years counting... I hope this won't have to wait for a decade. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by mojacko on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 pm

This would be very timely after election because there might some changes on the composition of the BAC

mojacko

Male Number of posts : 43
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Government Employee
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by engrlanz on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 am

hoping that the planned national convention on Philippine Government Procurement will push through the soonest possible time....on the other hand, we are glad and happy hearing that professional trainers from GPPB will be coming to our office next week to conduct training on Procurement Process..God Bless po.

engrlanz

Female Number of posts : 17
Company/Agency : gocc
Occupation/Designation : administrative officer/BAC member
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by alvinambion on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:55 pm

kelan ba ito sir "National Convention on Philippine Government Procurement"? me skedyul na po ba?

alvinambion

Male Number of posts : 42
Company/Agency : Municipal Government of Amadeo, Cavite
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Aide VI
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top