Procurement of Office Uniforms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Procurement of Office Uniforms

Post by vet_whatever on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:31 pm

I recently attended a pre bid conference and some of the proponents insisted that there be criteria (design and fabric) during the evaluation/opening of bids. Which means, having the LCB does not have any bearing. Some of the prospective bidders even said that there should be a certain percentage for the design since they will be designing uniforms for the said office. Is this allowed? Example:

Criteria:

LCB: 10%
Design: 40%
Fabric: 20%
Presentation: 15%
Feedback from prior clients/customers: 15%

In my humble opinion, we are bidding for goods and NOT services. Sorry ha.. Naiinis na naman kasi ako eh.. Very Happy Nagtratrabaho lang po ng marangal.. Hindi naman namin papapangitin ang uniforms (we even base it on designs from abroad) pero kaya nga bidding eh. I know they are designers but kung gusto nila ng may criteria, sa fashion industry na lang sila mag concentrate. PEACE! Laughing

vet_whatever

Male Number of posts : 7
Company/Agency : ZEPCO
Occupation/Designation : General Manager
Registration date : 2011-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement of Office Uniforms

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:24 am

vet_whatever wrote:I recently attended a pre bid conference and some of the proponents insisted that there be criteria (design and fabric) during the evaluation/opening of bids. Which means, having the LCB does not have any bearing. Some of the prospective bidders even said that there should be a certain percentage for the design since they will be designing uniforms for the said office. Is this allowed? Example:

Criteria:

LCB: 10%
Design: 40%
Fabric: 20%
Presentation: 15%
Feedback from prior clients/customers: 15%

In my humble opinion, we are bidding for goods and NOT services. Sorry ha.. Naiinis na naman kasi ako eh.. Very Happy Nagtratrabaho lang po ng marangal.. Hindi naman namin papapangitin ang uniforms (we even base it on designs from abroad) pero kaya nga bidding eh. I know they are designers but kung gusto nila ng may criteria, sa fashion industry na lang sila mag concentrate. PEACE! Laughing

If you have attended a Pre-Bid Conference of a government agency, you have reasons to be irritated coz such criteria does not and should not apply. If the procurement will result to office uniforms as end product, then the only thing that matters is the calculated price/cost. The specifications, not the criteria, must be set by the procuring entity. In that way, bids can be submitted and evaluated on equal footing. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top