HONORARIA or HORRORARIA?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HONORARIA or HORRORARIA?

Post by engrjhez® on Sun May 31, 2009 3:56 pm

In my previous posts, i kept on insisting that "Honoraria must remain as a privilege - not a compensation". But of course, that's just me. The rest of the BAC Members, Secretariat, and TWG members have been long complaining that the extra job (for the procurement) everyone's doing is already a burden. This is because since November 2008, no honoraria was allowed by our Accounting Office to be paid (even when the payroll and other papers were already signed by our dear Mayor). The Accountant was looking for attachments other than the list of procurement activities bidded and awarded as certified by the Head of the BAC Secretariat (which happens to be "me"), and I refrained from bringing this issue to the LCE, hoping that this could be resolved internally.

For matters of discussion, what document(s) are "legally" required as attachment(s) to the BAC-Secretariat-TWG payroll for the grant of honoraria?

It's quite funny because, honoraria is being paid since 2004 and no written issuance was issued by the Accounting Office for the recent (actually, not recent anymore) denial of payment. It's another laughing matter because all procurements pass through the Accounting Office. They already have looked for every inch of the documents which is supposed to be accomplished and issued by the BAC prior to payment of contracts - and still have doubts on BAC's accomplishment. I can still hold my pride, but my staff and the rest of the group cannot. Necessary action must be undertaken.

Can the provisions of ARTA (Anti-Red Tape Law) be employed? Or does the DBM Guidelines already self-sustaining?
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: HONORARIA or HORRORARIA?

Post by venom.0420 on Sun May 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Engrjhez,

I understand the sentiments of ur group, I have the same too, remember? Especially during these downtimes, we can sure use the extra income. Nwei, back to ur post, the usual attachments to comply with the requirements of DBM circulars pertaining to payment of honoraria are the following:

1. Certificate of Completed Procurement Projects
2. Publications and Minutes of Bidding
3. Attendance of Bidding
4. Payroll

However, the most important requirement is the funding source. Does the procurement unit generated sufficient funds to pay the honoraria?
DBM circular 2004-5A enumerated the following funding sources:

• Proceeds from sale of bid documents;
• Fees from contractor/supplier registry;
• Fees charged for copies of minutes of bid openings, BAC resolutions and other
BAC documents;
• Protest fees;
• Liquidated damages; and
• Proceeds from bid/performance security forfeiture

In the absence of the above funding sources, the procuring entity would have no means of paying the honoraria of the BAC members, secretariat and TWG members. You may verify the availability of funds to your accounting section.

Hope this helps.
venom.0420
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 98
Company/Agency : Government
Occupation/Designation : Government Employee
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by misty on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:40 pm

May i know if a bac member may still be entitled to honorarium for a particular project if in one of the meetings he is absent? what if he is absent in the pre-bid conference?

can he sign the abstract of bids?
can he sign the resolution on award?
misty
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : finance
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by brucewayne on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:47 pm

A BAC member can sign the abstract of bids if he was present during the opening of bids and of course the resolution on award if he was present during the BAC meeting awarding the particular project to a bidder. Bidding of projects is a long and tedious process and the absenced of a member in one of the processes will not bar him from receiving his honorarium. But if the BAC has in its internal rules that the absence of a member in one of the processes will be a ground for deducting a certain percentage from his honorarium as approved by the BAC in their meetings or as a matter of BAC policy, then the BAC may do so.
brucewayne

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : LGU-Alcala, Pangasinan
Occupation/Designation : ..... MPDC/BAC Chairman
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 pm

misty wrote:May i know if a bac member may still be entitled to honorarium for a particular project if in one of the meetings he is absent? what if he is absent in the pre-bid conference?

can he sign the abstract of bids?
can he sign the resolution on award?

Under DBM guidelines, honoraria is granted per output or per successfully accomplished procurement. You may refer on my reply on a similar topic here.

A member on leave cannot sign an abstract (nor his/her representative is authorize to sign). See a similar case here.

If he/she is present in the meeting where and when the BAC is resolving an award, YES he/she must sign the abstract.

You may also want to see a clarifying discussion here.

Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top