Procurement of Catering Services

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Procurement of Catering Services

Post by fvargas on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 pm

May I ask your opinion regarding procurement of catering services.
Some Purchase Request received by the BAC are already consumated,
meaning PR's were processed after the activity, this happens usually
during calamities for relief operations and other activities like unexpected
visit of officials to the LGU . My question is how do you treat this kind
of procurement. THANKS.

fvargas

Male Number of posts : 13
Company/Agency : LGU/Catanduanes
Occupation/Designation : Engineer IV
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement of Catering Services

Post by accounting on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:39 pm

[May I ask your opinion regarding procurement of catering services.
meaning PR's were processed after the activity
, this happens usually
of procurement. THANKS.]

Remedial course is needed here. This is a complete example of the violation of the procurement process that PR must come first before the activity however in reality we cannot avoid this. There are certain point of time that we can experience this situation. And at this point in time the procurement office, BAC and the HOPE must work as one together with the accounting.

A remedy need to be made here. This proposal may help you.
1. Anti-date your PR, Quotation, BAC Resolution, PO, Official Receipt, Acceptance. Make sure that the dates follow the regulatory period and must be in order meaning the documents must come one after the other.
2. Make sure that the catering is in the APP, funded and with the grace of the HOPE and the BAC.

Treat the procurement in a natural way as if it properly went through the usual process.
Smile
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : State Universities and Colleges
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:47 am

accounting wrote:[May I ask your opinion regarding procurement of catering services.
meaning PR's were processed after the activity
, this happens usually
of procurement. THANKS.]

Remedial course is needed here. This is a complete example of the violation of the procurement process that PR must come first before the activity however in reality we cannot avoid this. There are certain point of time that we can experience this situation. And at this point in time the procurement office, BAC and the HOPE must work as one together with the accounting.

A remedy need to be made here. This proposal may help you.
1. Anti-date your PR, Quotation, BAC Resolution, PO, Official Receipt, Acceptance. Make sure that the dates follow the regulatory period and must be in order meaning the documents must come one after the other.
2. Make sure that the catering is in the APP, funded and with the grace of the HOPE and the BAC.

Treat the procurement in a natural way as if it properly went through the usual process.
Smile

I do not see a violation of procurement process as far as RA 9184 is concerned. PR is a requirement for accounting and auditing procedures. In my opinion, what matters really is the APP as it is the primary requirement before any procurement is undertaken (Sec.7.2) and not the PR. But since its is a COA requirement, we oftentimes overlooked this.

As to such unavoidable circumstances such as emergency cases (Sec.53.2) the BAC may be called upon to convene (just like the Local DRRMC) if there are procurement that needs to be undertaken immediately. I believe with proper discipline, it can be done within the same day such that ante-dating may no longer be necessary. It may seem too ambitious to be as disciplined as this but it can only be possible with everyone's consent. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:34 pm

fvargas wrote:May I ask your opinion regarding procurement of catering services.
Some Purchase Request received by the BAC are already consumated, meaning PR's were processed after the activity, this happens usually during calamities for relief operations and other activities like unexpected visit of officials to the LGU . My question is how do you treat this kind of procurement. THANKS.
I believe the preparation of the Purchase request is one of the indispensable requirements before a government can enter into a contract. It is one of the supporting document to a procurement transaction, otherwise it will be subject to disallowance. The GPPB has already issued procedural guidelines to be followed (refer to section 3 of the said guidelines). Click the LINK . Good luck. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:38 pm

"fvargas wrote"

May I ask your opinion regarding procurement of catering services.
meaning PR's were processed after the activity, this happens usually
of procurement. THANKS

This scenario seldom happens in a National Government Agency like the Department of Education. As what Sir Sunriser posted, we should remember that the PR is the basic document that has to be accomplished before the procurement activity begins. and that is what we do. But in a local government unit, where political expediency sometimes comes into play, and where sometimes the action comes first before the preparation of the PR's like for example during calamities. I advised that when you go back to the office you immediately prepare the PR in order to minimize the ante dating of the documents. Of course, as posted by Sir Engrhez, these should have been included in your APP in order to avoid AOM's from the Auditor. This is just my suggestion on the matter.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:13 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
fvargas wrote:May I ask your opinion regarding procurement of catering services.
Some Purchase Request received by the BAC are already consumated, meaning PR's were processed after the activity, this happens usually during calamities for relief operations and other activities like unexpected visit of officials to the LGU . My question is how do you treat this kind of procurement. THANKS.
I believe the preparation of the Purchase request is one of the indispensable requirements before a government can enter into a contract. It is one of the supporting document to a procurement transaction, otherwise it will be subject to disallowance. The GPPB has already issued procedural guidelines to be followed (refer to section 3 of the said guidelines). Click the LINK . Good luck. bounce

I believe the link that you provided was intended for Shopping and SVP. It does not even mention Purchase Request (PR) there as a requisite but instead the "The Request for Quotation (RFQ), indicating the specification, quantity, Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC), and other terms and conditions of the item to be procured...". As I have mentioned earlier, since the PR is a COA requirement, you may be disallowed later due to non-accomplishment of such. What I have emphasized is that there is actually no need to ante-date a PR if you just perform with discipline especially during emergency cases. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:57 pm

engrjhez® wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:

I believe the link that you provided was intended for Shopping and SVP. It does not even mention Purchase Request (PR) there as a requisite but instead the "The Request for Quotation (RFQ), indicating the specification, quantity, Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC), and other terms and conditions of the item to be procured...". As I have mentioned earlier, since the PR is a COA requirement, you may be disallowed later due to non-accomplishment of such. What I have emphasized is that there is actually no need to ante-date a PR if you just perform with discipline especially during emergency cases. Smile
The procurement process involves the first step the preparation of the SAI Form (Supplies Availability Inquiry) and be accomplished by the the requesting office. It shall be the basis for the preparation of the RIS ( Requisition and Issue Slip) if the goods and supplies is carried in stock, and PR ( Purchase Request) if the goods and supplies is not carried in stock. For us GOCCs we do follow the very basic guide as mentioned earlier. However in 2004 the GPPB had issued a sample standard form number SF-GOOD-60 (Request for Quotation). If we try to look carefully the "Data and the Fields required to be accomplshed" are as follows
1. Project Reference Number (PRN) xxxxxx
2. Name of the Project xxxxxx
3. Location of the Project xxxxxx
as far as our agency is concern the Project Reference Number (PRN) to be accomplished is the Purchase Request (PR) and for control purposes it must be pre serially numbered. Even though the guidelines for shopping and small value procurement have not specifically mention the preparation and accomplishment of the Purchase Request (PR) but try to reconcile the "Data Fields" in RFQ form as mentioned earlier and probably you'll be guided. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down