Current Workload Relative to Capacity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Current Workload Relative to Capacity

Post by kruger on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am

Hi,

Does this third criteria for the shortlisting of consultants explicitly imply financial capacity? I can't find any formula or definition in the IRR and I'm trying to find out to confirm if indeed, this refers to a prospective consultant's financial capacity since the first two requirements refer to its applicable experience and personnel qualification, respectively.

Thanks and more power!
kruger

Male Number of posts : 12
Company/Agency : Department of Transportation and Communications
Occupation/Designation : Engineer III - TWG Head
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Current Workload Relative to Capacity

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:11 pm

kruger wrote:Hi,

Does this third criteria for the shortlisting of consultants explicitly imply financial capacity? I can't find any formula or definition in the IRR and I'm trying to find out to confirm if indeed, this refers to a prospective consultant's financial capacity since the first two requirements refer to its applicable experience and personnel qualification, respectively.

Thanks and more power!
This is more of technical requirements. You will have to assess (sometimes, based on existing labor laws) if the consultant(s) can accomodate the required (physical) presence of the person(s) rendering their services. You can use the principle of "diminishing return" in rating the consultant.

Ex. If you intend to hire a consultant who needs to be present for at least 20-man-hours a week, but based on current work load, they can only provide 18-man-hours, that is 18*100%/20 or about 90% rating (if you will be using a direct percentile approach). You could set your own formula responsive to your needs and requirements. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by kruger on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 am

Hi Engrjhez,

Thanks. So it has nothing to do with the consultant's financial capability to take the project on?
kruger

Male Number of posts : 12
Company/Agency : Department of Transportation and Communications
Occupation/Designation : Engineer III - TWG Head
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm

kruger wrote:Hi,

Thanks and more power!

It refers both to the technical capacity and financial capacity of the prospective consultant relative to its current workload. It would now depend on the procuring entity on how much weight it would give to any of these criteria.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content