Latest topics

improvised Bid forms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

improvised Bid forms

Post by kurpak13 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm

pwede po ba natin iconsider na eligible ang isang bidder kung ang ginamit at isinumite nyang bid forms e hindi ung binili nya nung tym n magbayad cya ng bid docs.. kindly help me regarding this matter. tnx po..

kurpak13

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : batangas city government
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer I
Registration date : 2011-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: improvised Bid forms

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:28 pm

kurpak13 wrote:pwede po ba natin iconsider na eligible ang isang bidder kung ang ginamit at isinumite nyang bid forms e hindi ung binili nya nung tym n magbayad cya ng bid docs.. kindly help me regarding this matter. tnx po..

Of course you will not consider the bidder as eligible or qualified, because, in effect, his bid submission is no longer in accordance with your requirement. It is no longer compliant with your requirement.

Remember that his bid submission will form part of the contract between you and the bidder. Kung ang kanyang bid submission ay iba na at hindi na yung bid docs na binili sainyo, kasama na yung General Conditions of Contract (GCC) at Special Conditions of Contract (SCC), which basically will form part of your contract with them, then you will be entering into a contract with that bidder under certain terms and conditions which is entirely different from the terms and conditions under which you bid out the project.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by jinki_224 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:33 am

good morning,

same din po ba ito kapag RFQ?like for projects posted at GEPS amounting to 50k and above using SVP, tapos hndi ung RFQ namin ang ginamit? or this only applies for bid documents?thanks!
jinki_224
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 86
Company/Agency : Marinduque State College
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:24 am

jinki_224 wrote:good morning,

same din po ba ito kapag RFQ?like for projects posted at GEPS amounting to 50k and above using SVP, tapos hndi ung RFQ namin ang ginamit? or this only applies for bid documents?thanks!

Unlike in the bidding documents, there is no GPPB-prescribed standard form of RFQ.

In the case of the RFQ, suppose to be, all the supplier needs to do is fill up its price quotation in the column provided for in the RFQ. But if the bidder re-inputted the RFQ and indicated its price therein, properly signed and all the terms and conditions contained in your original RFQ were not missing and are still there, I believe that you have reason to disqualify it.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by friend toe on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:58 pm

with reference to this... some bidders who made errors and/or mistakes in filling up the bid forms particularly the BOQ, they redo the forms in their own capacity... are these allowed?

friend toe

Male Number of posts : 47
Company/Agency : Department of Public Works and Highways
Occupation/Designation : EngineerIII
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 pm

No, you may ask another copy from the Procuring Entity.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by marksolomon on Fri May 11, 2012 5:11 pm

is it legal for the supplier to add a recommendation in ITB for another item with different specs but same item included in ITB..sample:
1 - Ballpen Blue - 5.00

recommend: 1-ballpen blue (with design) - 4.50

marksolomon

Male Number of posts : 27
Company/Agency : LGU client
Occupation/Designation : GSO Implementer
Registration date : 2012-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 am

marksolomon wrote:is it legal for the supplier to add a recommendation in ITB for another item with different specs but same item included in ITB..sample:
1 - Ballpen Blue - 5.00

recommend: 1-ballpen blue (with design) - 4.50

I hope this Section of the IRR answers your query.
17.2. The specifications and other terms in the Bidding Documents shall reflect minimum
requirements or specifications required to meet the needs of the procuring entity in
clear and unambiguous terms.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by marksolomon on Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 pm

thanks engrjhez..did u mean is it legal? pirat i want ur personnal opionion with this matter..im one of the system analyst of our system in GSO and they requested to make that scenario..and tingin ko kaya d ko pa ginagawa eh baka ma-ground..tnx in advance

marksolomon

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon May 14, 2012 3:46 pm

marksolomon wrote:thanks engrjhez..did u mean is it legal? pirat i want ur personnal opionion with this matter..im one of the system analyst of our system in GSO and they requested to make that scenario..and tingin ko kaya d ko pa ginagawa eh baka ma-ground..tnx in advance

If your question is "can the suppliers do it?", my answer is YES.

If your question is "can we as GSO do it?", my answer is "it depends". Specifications must be based on performance parameters and minimum requirements. It should also be based on the criteria set forth by the Bureau of Products and Standards (DTI). For example, a good ballpen must be able to write continuously at least 1.5 kilometers of fine line. Any requirement such as "design" may be required, but for what purpose?

Hope I answered your query. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by marksolomon on Mon May 14, 2012 4:07 pm

ok tnx..yan malinaw n malinaw na hehehe..hay so possible nga n mag add..haaayyy imomodify ko nnmn..tnx engrjhez..ang laking tulong ng forums n to..Smile

marksolomon

Back to top Go down

Post by marksolomon on Mon May 14, 2012 4:58 pm

another query, what if the requesting office are the one who choose the winning bidder they just insert a recommendation for recommended winning bidder and the BAC and PE will review it. And most of the time they approved it..do they violating the IRR 9184?..because in our system we have automatic choosing of lowest bid per item.. and they didnt use it..they just only select the winning bidder per item.tnx in advance nasisira n ulo ko sa mga pasaway eh Very Happy

marksolomon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Mon May 14, 2012 8:22 pm

THE BAC is the one mandated by law to make RECOMMENDATION FOR WINNING BIDDER.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue May 15, 2012 7:21 am

marksolomon wrote:another query, what if the requesting office are the one who choose the winning bidder they just insert a recommendation for recommended winning bidder and the BAC and PE will review it. And most of the time they approved it..do they violating the IRR 9184?..because in our system we have automatic choosing of lowest bid per item.. and they didnt use it..they just only select the winning bidder per item.tnx in advance nasisira n ulo ko sa mga pasaway eh Very Happy

Unless you specifically mention in your bidding docs that you will allow "partial bids", your BAC cannot award on a lowest bid on a per item basis. The award shall be made on the lowest calculated and responsive bid on the total bid price of all the items.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by marksolomon on Tue May 15, 2012 9:42 am

Jovinal wrote:THE BAC is the one mandated by law to make RECOMMENDATION FOR WINNING BIDDER.

I see, but how about if the requesting office head is one of the BAC member (like budget), and other BAC members just signed the recommended winning bidder of the said requesting office head..we all know naman na may mga BAC member n basta basta nlng pumipirma d ba..hehe tnx in advance

marksolomon

Back to top Go down

Post by marksolomon on Tue May 15, 2012 9:46 am

RDV @ GP3i wrote:
marksolomon wrote:another query, what if the requesting office are the one who choose the winning bidder they just insert a recommendation for recommended winning bidder and the BAC and PE will review it. And most of the time they approved it..do they violating the IRR 9184?..because in our system we have automatic choosing of lowest bid per item.. and they didnt use it..they just only select the winning bidder per item.tnx in advance nasisira n ulo ko sa mga pasaway eh Very Happy

Unless you specifically mention in your bidding docs that you will allow "partial bids", your BAC cannot award on a lowest bid on a per item basis. The award shall be made on the lowest calculated and responsive bid on the total bid price of all the items.

Thanks Mr. RDV, now i fully understand the flow..bago ko lng kasi nhawakan ung system ng GSO n handle ko..anyway saan section ma kikita ung total bid price of all the items..thanks in advance ulit..wala n ako time magbasa eh..ayaw ko nmn basta basta tumanggap ng modification baka ma-ground ung system..tnx

marksolomon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am

marksolomon wrote:
RDV @ GP3i wrote:

Thanks Mr. RDV, now i fully understand the flow..bago ko lng kasi nhawakan ung system ng GSO n handle ko..anyway saan section ma kikita ung total bid price of all the items..thanks in advance ulit..wala n ako time magbasa eh..ayaw ko nmn basta basta tumanggap ng modification baka ma-ground ung system..tnx

Welcome, marksolomon.

Sec. 32.2.1.a) of the IRR provides for the "completeness of the bid."

It means that bidders should bid on all the required items you specifically listed in your schedule of requirements/bill of quantities. When bids are not complete they shall be considered not responsive; hence, should be automatically disqualified. That is the general rule in the evaluation of bids. The only exception, is when you allow "partial bids", but you have to specifically mention that in the Instructions to Bidders/Bid Data Sheet of your bid docs.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by marksolomon on Tue May 15, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks again sir RDV..hehe i am now rest assured in not approving the requested modification..hehe may pang sangga n ako..tnx ulit

marksolomon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top