Over pricing even with BAC, is this possible?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Over pricing even with BAC, is this possible?

Post by jose on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:19 am

an LGU in Southern Tagalog is overpricing its supplies to up to 100% even with BAC. Is there any COA report about this activities?

jose
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 18
Company/Agency : Ako Ang Pilipino Ngayun
Occupation/Designation : founder
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Over pricing even with BAC, is this possible?

Post by accounting on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:50 am

COA have their own cost matrix of supplies per area and compare it to the cost estimates of the BAC during post audit. when they found it unusually high then appropriate action will be made by them.
avatar
accounting
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : State Universities and Colleges
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Over pricing even with BAC, is this possible?

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:28 pm

jose wrote:an LGU in Southern Tagalog is overpricing its supplies to up to 100% even with BAC. Is there any COA report about this activities?
Excerpt from COA website.
If you want to report allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement of funds, you may do so xxx. Click the
LINK for details. Good luck bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

COA

Post by jose on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:27 am

accounting wrote:COA have their own cost matrix of supplies per area and compare it to the cost estimates of the BAC during post audit. when they found it unusually high then appropriate action will be made by them.

No appropriate action was taken by COA, all supplies are over priced specially during the time of the former president GMA, the Auditor celebrates her Birthday at the expense of the head of the LGU at the VIP lounge. Ex. Ordinary Hp printer ribbons were cost at 2 thousand pesos each, while in SM you can buy it only at 8 hundred pesos, by the way the LGU is in Cavite . the problem is that auditors has no balls to charge head of offices they only examine the in coming of income at the treasurer's office, obviously to see to it that the incoming is well protected and not the outgoing funds. COA should explain how this things can happen they owe these to the people.

jose
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 18
Company/Agency : Ako Ang Pilipino Ngayun
Occupation/Designation : founder
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Over pricing even with BAC, is this possible?

Post by red crimson on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:10 pm

it is a question of observing and implementing COA regulations. bac members may be held answerable for not performing their mandated tasks as identified in AOM's issued by COA, if audit processes are observed.

in our institution, we are hard pressed in answering AOMs, thus we really observe BAC processes as it should be.

in the instant situation, maybe it is high time to bring the issue to other agencies, like, say Ombudsman. Neutral
avatar
red crimson
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 12
Company/Agency : csu
Occupation/Designation : asst. prof./bac member
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Over pricing even with BAC, is this possible?

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:03 pm

red crimson wrote:it is a question of observing and implementing COA regulations. bac members may be held answerable for not performing their mandated tasks as identified in AOM's issued by COA, if audit processes are observed.

in our institution, we are hard pressed in answering AOMs, thus we really observe BAC processes as it should be.

in the instant situation, maybe it is high time to bring the issue to other agencies, like, say Ombudsman. Neutral
Thumbs up, Cool
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Over pricing even with BAC, is this possible?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum