Railway Maintenance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Railway Maintenance

Post by makol on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Good day to all.

We're currently preparing the bidding documents for the maintenance for a railway line. Our question is as to which general format should be applied, Procurement of Goods and Services or Procurement of Infrastructure?

In RA9184, the maintenance of railway is categorize as Infrastructure Project, thus following the GPPB forms and draft agreement for infra. However, upon checking the standard form and considering the activities and nature of work in performing maintenance for railway line (which is similar to maintenance of buses, cars, jeepneys, airplanes, or other modes of transportation), the day-to-day maintenance activities (cleaning, repair of equipment, replacement of parts, others) does not categorically apply the infra form (including the JV requirement of 72-25 for infra and 60-40 for goods, construction timetable for infra, etc...).

My question thus is, can we then apply the goods or services format instead of the infra for maintenance of railway, considering that the nature of work falls under the services?

Thank you in advance for the inputs that you may provide.

makol

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : Support
Occupation/Designation : Engineer
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Railway Maintenance

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 am

makol wrote:Good day to all.

We're currently preparing the bidding documents for the maintenance for a railway line. Our question is as to which general format should be applied, Procurement of Goods and Services or Procurement of Infrastructure?

In RA9184, the maintenance of railway is categorize as Infrastructure Project, thus following the GPPB forms and draft agreement for infra. However, upon checking the standard form and considering the activities and nature of work in performing maintenance for railway line (which is similar to maintenance of buses, cars, jeepneys, airplanes, or other modes of transportation), the day-to-day maintenance activities (cleaning, repair of equipment, replacement of parts, others) does not categorically apply the infra form (including the JV requirement of 72-25 for infra and 60-40 for goods, construction timetable for infra, etc...).

The procuring entity should be in the best position to determine whether that particular procurement falls under procurement of goods or under infra. It should be the primary purpose of the project that should be the determinant.

My question thus is, can we then apply the goods or services format instead of the infra for maintenance of railway, considering that the nature of work falls under the services?

Thank you in advance for the inputs that you may provide.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by makol on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks RDV.

Follow-up question, do we still need to seek prior opinion / clearance from GPPB should we apply the Procurement of Goods?

makol

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : Support
Occupation/Designation : Engineer
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 am

makol wrote:Thanks RDV.

Follow-up question, do we still need to seek prior opinion / clearance from GPPB should we apply the Procurement of Goods?

Sorry for late reply. No need for you to seek GPPB's opinion and/or clearance on the matter before you apply what you think is the proper procedure, provided it is recommended by your BAC and approve by the HOPE.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content