Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Is Pre-Procurement Conference mandatory for 2M and above proejct?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Pre-Procurement Conference mandatory for 2M and above proejct?

Post by mbdr on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Gdam to all!

Sirs, I would like to clarify if Pre-Procurment Conference mandatory for a 2M and above requisition? What if the LGU will opt to conduct a Pre-Bid Conference without the Pre-Proc, is it in accordance with RA9184.

Said requisition is for common goods (ordinary local construction materials) only. .

Please share your views on this. thanks.

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Pre-Procurement Conference mandatory for 2M and above proejct?

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:07 pm

mbdr wrote:Gdam to all!

Sirs, I would like to clarify if Pre-Procurment Conference mandatory for a 2M and above requisition? What if the LGU will opt to conduct a Pre-Bid Conference without the Pre-Proc, is it in accordance with RA9184.

Said requisition is for common goods (ordinary local construction materials) only. .

Please share your views on this. thanks.

For GOODS, pre-procurement conference is mandatory if ABC is above P2M.

If ABC is P2M and below it is optional to the procuring entity, but it is advisable to still conduct pre-procurement conference so that the procuring entity can iron/clarify any kinks before the IAEB is issued.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Sir, thanks.

But in this case sir, what will you suggest? The secretariat made a mistake since the one assigned in the scheduling of procurement activities is new. Instead of pre-procurement, he directly schedule said PR (P2,063,983.50-common const. materials) for Pre-Bid. Said Pre-Bid was realized and just this time that we note that the said requisition was not scheduled for pre-proc.

What shall we do? Can we proceed to the bidding which will be on June 17 without the pre-proc? What happen to our advertisement? We posted it in the Phil Geps already but we have no newspaper advertisment. Or can we declare the pre-bid con null and void? But the probs sir is during the pre-bid, there were suppliers coming from outside the city.

Please.... your share on this is needed. thanks again sir!

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:45 pm

mbdr, you can always declare the bidding as null and void, or maybe re-schedule the date to make way for a pre-proc process. Wala namang mawawala sa atin eh.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 pm

mbdr wrote:Sir, thanks.

But in this case sir, what will you suggest? The secretariat made a mistake since the one assigned in the scheduling of procurement activities is new. Instead of pre-procurement, he directly schedule said PR (P2,063,983.50-common const. materials) for Pre-Bid. Said Pre-Bid was realized and just this time that we note that the said requisition was not scheduled for pre-proc.

What shall we do? Can we proceed to the bidding which will be on June 17 without the pre-proc? What happen to our advertisement? We posted it in the Phil Geps already but we have no newspaper advertisment. Or can we declare the pre-bid con null and void? But the probs sir is during the pre-bid, there were suppliers coming from outside the city.

Please.... your share on this is needed. thanks again sir!

The pre-procurement is required so that the procuring entity, before proceeding issuance of invitation (IAEB) and proceeding with the bidding process has covered all grounds (bidding documents prepared, how much to sell bid docs established, funding is available, criteria set, project is included in APP, etc.) so that you follow the requirements of the law.

More than the failure to conduct pre-proc your failure to advertise in newspaper of general nationwide circulation is a bigger problem. Your Accountant and Auditor may ask for evidence of newspaper advertisement during the payment and audit process, respectively. Bidders may question lack of newspaper advertisement, not lack of pre-proc.

Gaya ng sabi ni ruel t. wala mawawala kung mag reset na lang kayo. Now is the time to have that pre-proc. and discuss among yourselves what to do in the circumstances. Dont worry about the bidders who will come for that pre-bid. If you knew them, based on inquiry they made with you, or they downloaded docs from PhilGEPS, and those that bought bid docs from you already, you can inform them anyway through the contact numbers they left.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:07 pm

mbdr,

In addition, you may refer to your LGU Procurement Manual (Vol.2 Page 12):
If the BAC members fail to conduct the required Pre-procurement Conference for the procurement of goods with an ABC of more Two Million Pesos (P2,000,000.00), they may be held administratively liable for neglect of duty under the Civil Service Rules (Presidential Decree 807) without prejudice to other civil and criminal liabilities under applicable laws.
Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:12 am

engrjhez wrote:

mbdr,

If the BAC members fail to conduct the required Pre-procurement Conference for the procurement of goods with an ABC of more Two Million Pesos (P2,000,000.00), they may be held administratively liable for neglect of duty under the Civil Service Rules (Presidential Decree 807) without prejudice to other civil and criminal liabilities under applicable laws.
Very Happy

Kawawa naman ang BAC pag ganito engrjhez. Buti sana kung may malice sa part ng BAC. the way i observed it nasa "infancy stage" pa rin halos lahat ng Procuring Entity pagdating sa implementaTION ng RA 9184 lalo na sa LGU's. some LGU's really doesnt know what they're doing d2 sa procurement.. while some doesnt have access to computers and the NET.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi sirs, Gdpm to all!

Thank you again for your replies.

Honestly, its the fault of the Secretariat. Na schedule for Pre-Bid na wala pang pre-poc. Lapses to sa Secretariat sir. This is the first time , sana wala ng next.thanks sirs

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:37 pm

it happens everyday mbdr. Sa opinion ko kasi parang naka focus kasi yung accountabilty d2 sa BAC dito sa RA 9184 natin, sana meron din ang secretariat at TWG.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:56 pm

ruel t. wrote:
engrjhez wrote:
mbdr,

Very Happy

Kawawa naman ang BAC pag ganito engrjhez. Buti sana kung may malice sa part ng BAC. the way i observed it nasa "infancy stage" pa rin halos lahat ng Procuring Entity pagdating sa implementaTION ng RA 9184 lalo na sa LGU's. some LGU's really doesnt know what they're doing d2 sa procurement.. while some doesnt have access to computers and the NET.

Wala talaga tayo magagawa. "The law may be harsh, but it is still the law". In the same way the HOPE is liable, dapat talaga lahat eh maging meticulous sa papel - not only the Secretariat and TWG. Kasi, whatever happens, the BAC and the HOPE is primarily responsible. (But note that the Secretariat and TWG is not entirely free from liabilities.)

Being in the Secretariat myself, I always see to it that procedures are well followed (as i keep reminding the BAC members of their responsibilities and possible drawbacks when it comes to decision makings). Kaya lang minsan, tamang asa na rin (no offense meant) sa research. Kaya sa bulk ng trabaho, minsan di ko na ma-proofread ung mga resolutions. Minsan mali type nung details, pero nakasingil na. To remove the malice from the errors, I review the papers and the process all over again every month. Pag me nakita akong mga mali sa papers, ginagawan ko ng ERRATA to be submitted to the COA. Para at least alam nila na di talaga sinasadya yung mga typographical error.

Anyway, just another rainy day at the office. And, Engr. Ruel, I have an email for you. Fw: Fr: RDV. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_card on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:52 pm

hello everyone, i am new in here and i find this forum page to be informative.

as i've read the above messages, pre-proc is required prior to the scheduling of the mode of procurement of a certain request. in our case kasi, na-iignore na ang pre-proc stage. bale, walang pre-proc na nagaganap.

kung ako lang masusunod, i really wanted to have a pre-proc to avoid further problem sa procurement of certain projects/items.

sa case namin ngayon, we encountered many problems like, naischedule mo na for bidding tapos, bigla bigla magrequest ang end-user to cancel the said request then minsan, or i must say, kadalasan, mali or kulang kulang yung specs ng items.

parati kasing nagmamadali ang end-user tapos parang tamad naman to attend a meeting ang BAC.
wild_card

Female Number of posts : 22
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:24 am

welcome to the LGU's forum wild_card! dami problema sa LGU ano? But, you know what? This forum can give a mountain of help for us in the LGU. engrjhez, can the "Forum Administrator" post how many LGU's are enrolling as "Forum Shoppers here'?

going back to your predicament wild_card, I think your BAC Secretariat can make a schedule for pre-croc, just sent notices to them, bahala na hindi sila mag attend, ang importante merong notice na na received nila, sagot na nila ang problema.. Engrjhez, can assist you here.. Doctorate na ata sya pagdating dito. Very Happy Very Happy (no offense pare)
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:20 am

ruel wrote:welcome to the LGU's forum wild_card! dami problema sa LGU ano? But, you know what? This forum can give a mountain of help for us in the LGU. engrjhez, can the "Forum Administrator" post how many LGU's are enrolling as "Forum Shoppers here'?
Of the 194 registered users as of July 03, 2009, you can coun on fingers those who are willing to be identified in their respective places. The problem (but not a problem anyway) in this forum is that most preferred anonymity on their identities. So, it is very hard to assess the number of registered LGU users. But making a rough estimate on the number of topics and queries, i can say around 70% of members are concerned on LGUs.

ruel wrote:going back to your predicament wild_card, I think your BAC Secretariat can make a schedule for pre-croc, just sent notices to them, bahala na hindi sila mag attend, ang importante merong notice na na received nila, sagot na nila ang problema.. Engrjhez, can assist you here.. Doctorate na ata sya pagdating dito. Very Happy Very Happy (no offense pare)
Haha!. Master's pa lang tayo dito. Remember we're Civil Engineers. Actually, the Finance Sector must be the most active in this forum (although they are there watching... Cool). Going BAC (back), it is alway best to invest in the APP first. Kung hindi man kaya isang bagsak, unti-untiin. Simulan as APP. From there, pre-procs, pre-bids, bidding, up to contact signing (even delivery and acceptance) can already be projected. Mahirap sa simula, pero mas maige kesa walang nasimulan.

Ayos ba? Laughing
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:29 am

wild_card wrote:hello everyone, i am new in here and i find this forum page to be informative.

as i've read the above messages, pre-proc is required prior to the scheduling of the mode of procurement of a certain request. in our case kasi, na-iignore na ang pre-proc stage. bale, walang pre-proc na nagaganap.

kung ako lang masusunod, i really wanted to have a pre-proc to avoid further problem sa procurement of certain projects/items.

sa case namin ngayon, we encountered many problems like, naischedule mo na for bidding tapos, bigla bigla magrequest ang end-user to cancel the said request then minsan, or i must say, kadalasan, mali or kulang kulang yung specs ng items.

parati kasing nagmamadali ang end-user tapos parang tamad naman to attend a meeting ang BAC.

Welcome to the forum, wild_card.

As BAC Sec, you are scheduling the meetings of the BAC, so before you post the IAEB in the PhilGEPS and advertise (if necessary), you schedule a pre-procurement conference.

Even if the ABC is P2M and below (for Goods) or P5M and below (for Infra), while pre-proc is not mandatory, it is always advisable to conduct the same. The law and the IRR did not provide as to when you should conduct it, except that it is done before you issue your invitations and bidding documents. The ideal time to conduct it is a week before the scheduled posting, that way, as BAC Secretariat, you have enough time to make some changes in the IAEB and bidding documents, including the specifications/scope of work of the items to be procured, make sure that funds are ready and available, and the end-user is also properly consulted on its final needs.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_card on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:29 pm

thanks for the welcome!! Smile

actually, we had that meeting schedule, that is, twice a week, but the thing is, BAC were too lazy to come for meeting. kulang nalang pukpukin yung mga ulo nila.

it's really been hard for us talaga to have that pre-proc.bidding nga eh, ang hirap ma-quorum.

ang ginagawa nalang namin to have that mode of procurement is, pinaikot namin yung documents w/ checklist kung anong mode of procurement and irerecommend nila.

pero iba pa din yung present sila w/ the end-user to discuss things.

been with the BAC Secertariat for 4 years na but i admit, andami ko pang hindi alam. laking pasasalamat ko nga ng makita ko forum dito at least, mai-enlighten ako.

thanks po sa inyong lahat for sharing your ideas at mga natutunan ninyo!
wild_card

Female Number of posts : 22
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:03 pm

engrjhez wrote:Of the 194 registered users as of July 03, 2009, you can count on fingers those who are willing to be identified in their respective places. The problem (but not a problem anyway) in this forum is that most preferred anonymity on their identities. So, it is very hard to assess the number of registered LGU users. But making a rough estimate on the number of topics and queries, i can say around 70% of members are concerned on LGUs.
I hope meron tayong actual data from the Admin engrjhez, pero the roughly 70% members from the LGU you provided showed, that LGU's Procurements need all the support from the GPPB at marami talagang problema sa LGU.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top