[Discussion Board: Beta] Canvass for Repairs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Discussion Board: Beta] Canvass for Repairs?

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:19 pm

iam
to mr.engrjhez® who seem to be knowledgeable in procurement stuff, may i ask for your opinion on this:is it necessary to under canvass when having repairs?i am new to this matters hope u could extend your knowledge to me.thank u so much. god bless.Smile
Canvass is applicable only for alternative methods of procurement such as Shopping and Small Value Procurement. They have certain thresholds to be permitted. But our generally accepted method is Public Bidding. It must follow the rule on Sec.10 and Sec.7.2 of the IRR which requires all procurement to be in accordance with the approved APP and procurement to be done thru competitive bidding. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion Board: Beta] Canvass for Repairs?

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Sir,
May i also ask this matter concerning repairs? There are instances when equipment defect or damage cannot be perfectly assesed by the agency's engineering arm and will need diagnosis by experts on that particular equipment. Majority of these service providers have diagnostic fees while repairs needs canvass in most cases. Do the agency needs to pay , say 3 diagnostics fees to have 3 quotations? Some repair center do not quote on agency given repair scopes, they require diagnosis.
Also, is there a definite guideline on repairs and maintenance issued by COA already?
Recks
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by iam on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:35 pm

engrjhez® wrote:
iam
to mr.engrjhez® who seem to be knowledgeable in procurement stuff, may i ask for your opinion on this:is it necessary to under canvass when having repairs?i am new to this matters hope u could extend your knowledge to me.thank u so much. god bless.Smile
Canvass is applicable only for alternative methods of procurement such as Shopping and Small Value Procurement. They have certain thresholds to be permitted. But our generally accepted method is Public Bidding. It must follow the rule on Sec.10 and Sec.7.2 of the IRR which requires all procurement to be in accordance with the approved APP and procurement to be done thru competitive bidding. Smile
thanks for the reply sir. now what if it's only small-value like less than 10,000.00 and need to be repaired immediately(alarm system and only our alarm system provider is the only supplier who could provide the service as it is sensitive case)?

iam

Female Number of posts : 3
Company/Agency : abc company
Occupation/Designation : acctg.clerk
Registration date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Recks1925 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:55 pm

With all due respect, If i have to answer this, My move will be canvassing,... twice. (Posting it in the philgeps portal.) If only one quotation appeared after two consecutive posting and after scouting for available suppliers in the area, I guess you can award it to the lone bidder. Consedering the urgency to have the problem fixed. Very Happy
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top