Survey on the BAC Secretariat and its Staff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survey on the BAC Secretariat and its Staff

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Hello Gppb.topicsolutions.net Good Afternoon

The procurement activities is lengthy process, the responsibilities of each official and personnel involved in the procurement process must be clear and legally identifiable, so there can be proper accountability. All procurement activities starts with the preparation of the Bid documents up to awarding of the contract, much of this activity is manage by the BAC Secratariat, consequently personnel assign thereat should be on a full time attendance.

The BAC Secretariat needs sufficient number of personnel who will provide Secretariat support to the BAC, furthermore personnel assign thereat must have procurement proficiency and experience, moreover personnel are not given assignments that may conflict with their designation and to ensure that check and balance are also maintain.

Section 14.1 of the GPRA enumerates the functions and responsibilities of the BAC Secretariat, But its too broad, not much information can be gathered. The GPPB did provide the Procurement Sample forms(Goods,Civil Works,Consulting Services) for mandatory use, this can be adopted as guide to assist the HOPE how this unit will be staff with personnel.

This survey for the staff personnel (detailed/assign/Tranfer/New position) with their corresponding assigned duties and responsibilities. The information presented are not absolute this can be reorganize to suite your needs.

1. Personnel A
Responsibilities includes
a. Prepare Minutes of Pre-procurement Conference (SF-GOOD-04) (SF-INFR-04) (SF-CONS-03)
b. Prepare Minutes of Pre-Bid Conference (SF-GOOD-28) (SF-INFR-32) (SF-CONS-38)
c. Prepare Minutes of Eligibility Check (SF-CONS-25)
d. Prepare Minutes of Opening of Bids/Technical envelope(CONS) (SF-GOOD-41) (SF-INFR-58) (SF-CONS-58)
e. Prepare Resolution Recommending Shortlist (SF-CONS-32)
f. Prepare BAC Resolution Declaring LCRB(for CONS HRB/QBE) & Recommending approval (SF-GOOD-48)(SF-INFR-64) (SF-CONS-61)
g. Prepare BAC Resolution declaring HRB(QCBE) (SF-CONS-70)
h. Prepare Resolution Declaring HRRB(for QBE)(for QCBE) and recommending Approval (SF-CONS-77) (SF-CONS-78)
i. Prepare BAC Resolution Declaring Failure of Bidding (SF-GOOD-57) (SF-INFR-73) (SF-CONS-86)
j. Attend BAC meetings as Secretary
k. Perform any other functions as maybe required/PHILGEPS administation as Buyer

2. Personnel B
a. Prepare Pre-procurement conference notice (SF-GOOD-03) (SF-INFR-03) (SF-CONS-02)
b. Prepare Pre-Bid Conference notice (SF-GOOd-27) (SF-INFR-31) (SF-CONS-37)
c. Prepare Supplemental Bid Bulletin/Addendum no_ (SF-GOOD-30) (SF-INFR-34) ((SF-CONS-40)
d. Prepare Invitation to Apply for Eligibility and to Bid (SF-GOOD-05) (SF-INFR-05) (SF-CONS-04)
e. Prepare Request for Quotation (SF-GOOD-60)
f. Prepare Notice of Shortlist/Non-Inclusion in shortlist (SF-CONS-33) (SF-CONS-34)
g. Prepare Checklist of Eligibility requirements for BAC (SF-GOOD-07) (SF-INFR-08) (SF-CONS-08)
h. Prepare Checklist of Technical envelope (of Consulting Services) Requirements for the BAC (SF-GOOD-31) (SF-INFR-35) (SF-CONS-41)
i. Prepare Checklist for Financial envelope (of Consulting Services) requirements for the BAC (SF-GOOD-39) (SF-INFR-54) (SF-CONS-53)
j. Prepare Results of BID Evaluation (SF-CONS-62) (SF-CONS-71)
k. Prepare Notice of Eligibility (SF-GOOD-22)(SF-INFR-27)(SF-CONS-26)
l. Prepare Notice of Ineligibility (SF-GOOD-23)(SF-INFR-28)(SF-CONS-27)
m. Prepare Registration Certification (SF-GOOD-20)(SF-INFR-25) (SF-CONS-10)
n. Prepare Abstract of Bids as Read (SF-GOOD-40) (SF-INFR-57)
o. Prepare Abstract of Bids as Calculated (SF-GOOD-42) (SF-INFR-59)
p. Prepare Bid Evaluation Report (SF-GOOD-43) (SF-INFR-60)
q. Prepare Invitation to Negotiate (QBE)/(QCBE) (SF-CONS-64) (SF-CONS-73)
r. Prepare Post-Qualification evaluation report (for a Bidder CONS) (SF-GOOD-44) (SF-INFR-61) (SF-CONS-74)
s. Prepare Post Qualification evaluation summary report (SF-GOOD-45)
t. Prepare Notice of Post-Qualification (SF-GOOD-46) (SF-INFR-62)
u. Prepare Results of Bid Evaluation (QCBE Success) (SF-CONS-67)
v. Prepare Notice of Post-Disqualification (SF-GOOD-47) (SF-INFR-63) (SF-CONS-76)
w. Prepare Notification on Bidding Results/Results of Bid Evaluation (QCBE Failure) (SF-CONS-80) (SF-CONS- 68)
(SF-INFR-66) (SF-GOOD-50)
x. Provide assistance to the Technical Working Group matters relating to procurement related activities.
y. Attend BAC Meetings as may be required
z. Perform any other functions as maybe required/PHILGEPS administration as Buyer

3. Personnel C
a. Prepare PBD_GOODS2nd Ed.05.10.05.watermark_2.doc
b. Prepare PBD Civil Works REVISED.2nd Ed.05.10.05.watermark_1.doc
c. Prepare PBD Consulting Services revised.2nd Ed.05.10.05.watermark.doc
d. Philgeps administration as a Buyers and Buyers Coordinators
e. Prepare Bidding results posted at the G-EPS (CONS) (SF-GOOD-51) (SF-INFR-67) (SF-CONS-81)
f. Prepare Ranking of Bids(after Bid evaluation) posted at the G-EPS (SF-CONS-63)
g. Prepare Ranking of Bids (after Bid Evaluation) posted at the G-EPS (SF-CONS-72)
h. Prepare Notice to Proceed (SF-GOOD-56)(SF-INFR-72)(SF-CONS-85)
i. Prepare Notice to Award (SF-GOOD-49)(SF-INFR-65) (SF-CONS-79)
j. Prepare necessary documents for compliance with the requirements of COA Circular 2009-001 dated 02/12/09
k. Attend BAC Meetings as may be required
l. Performed other functions as may be required

4. Personnel D
a. Take custody of Procurement documents and be responsible for the sale and distribution of bidding documents to interested bidders
b. Acts as the Central Channel for all communication between the bidder and the BAC
c. Keep on file of all updated Registry of supplier and contractors for the current year
d. Filing all BAC incoming and outgoing office communication
e. Filing all Suppliers incoming and outgoing communications
f. Prepare BAC Secretariat Statistical Report for Procurement activities at hand to be submitted to BAC
g. Filing of bidders their Eligibility, Technical, and Financial component requirements for the current year.
h. Filing all of approved Abstract of Bids as calculated for the current year.
i. Prepare and update the Annual Procurement Program from the consolidated Project Procurement Management Plans submitted by various Project Management Offices and end-user unit
j. Update and monitor the Income from the sale of Bidding documents, forfeitures of Bidders bond, performance bonds and liquidated damages etc.
k. Prepare Reports and other necessary supporting documents as may be required for the payment of honorarium to BAC, BAC Secretariat, TWG, and provisional members.
l. Attend BAC Meetings as may be required
m. Perform any other functions as maybe required/PHILGEPS administration as Buyer

Guys what can you say about this? comments and suggestion are welcome Very Happy Will four(4) personnel would satisfy the requirement presented? For my part we are only two(2), one Head and one asisstant. Crying or Very sad Sad
How about others BAC secreatariat share your thoughts and experience Very Happy
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Survey on the BAC Secretariat and its Staff

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Our agency is in the process of creating Permanent BAC secretariat, survey conducted with other agency, it seems we share the same predicament, understaff, or not much important is given to them , aside from budget constrain, nobody wants to be member of the BAC Secretariat. Considering the workload, the accountability to the BAC, COA, HOPE the list is endless.Any input would be greatly appreciated. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:51 am

sunriser431 wrote:Our agency is in the process of creating Permanent BAC secretariat, survey conducted with other agency, it seems we share the same predicament, understaff, or not much important is given to them , aside from budget constrain, nobody wants to be member of the BAC Secretariat. Considering the workload, the accountability to the BAC, COA, HOPE the list is endless.Any input would be greatly appreciated. Smile
There would be no problem having four (4) persons for the Secretariat if the procurement is "optimized". My definition of optimization is that the average number of biddings per month is no more than four (4). One (1) opening of bid scheduled every week is already a healthy task for such number of personnel.

The number of Secretariat members may be increased for a more frequent scheduling and a greater number of bid opportunities. But of course, competency and proficiency of members is also a major factor. I am confident that given competitive positions and salaries, a permanent BAC Secretariat can be easily created in no time. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:21 am

engrjhez wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:Our agency is in the process of creating Permanent BAC secretariat, survey conducted with other agency, it seems we share the same predicament, understaff, or not much important is given to them , aside from budget constrain, nobody wants to be member of the BAC Secretariat. Considering the workload, the accountability to the BAC, COA, HOPE the list is endless.Any input would be greatly appreciated. Smile
There would be no problem having four (4) persons for the Secretariat if the procurement is "optimized". My definition of optimization is that the average number of biddings per month is no more than four (4). One (1) opening of bid scheduled every week is already a healthy task for such number of personnel.

The number of Secretariat members may be increased for a more frequent scheduling and a greater number of bid opportunities. But of course, competency and proficiency of members is also a major factor. I am confident that given competitive positions and salaries, a permanent BAC Secretariat can be easily created in no time. Very Happy

Thanks Sir Engrjhez. Its been quite sometime that Procurement had gone long way from the Executive order 301 dated July 26, 1987 to Executive oder No. 302 dated February 19, 1996,then the Presidential degree 1594 as amended dated July 5, 2000, and the Executive order 40 series of 2001, and lastly RA 9184, furthermore I would add the experience in procurement in selecting in membership in BAC Secretariat,But then again because of the workload and low salaries maybe the reason why no takers. Crying or Very sad
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:58 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
Thanks Sir Engrjhez. Its been quite sometime that Procurement had gone long way from the Executive order 301 dated July 26, 1987 to Executive oder No. 302 dated February 19, 1996,then the Presidential degree 1594 as amended dated July 5, 2000, and the Executive order 40 series of 2001, and lastly RA 9184, furthermore I would add the experience in procurement in selecting in membership in BAC Secretariat,But then again because of the workload and low salaries maybe the reason why no takers. Crying or Very sad
More important than experience is "good work habit" and the "responsibility motivation".

Given two types of personnel: (a) one who has the experience over procurement activities and works routinely, and (b) one who has a good work habit and with "responsibility motivaton" but has no procurement job experience. Both may be qualified, but i'd rather turn to (b) because in the long long run, (a) may find the job boring, while (b) works and play with it.

At the end of the day, personnel (b) is not always found in the procurement section. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:47 pm

engrjhez wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
More important than experience is "good work habit" and the "responsibility motivation".

Given two types of personnel: (a) one who has the experience over procurement activities and works routinely, and (b) one who has a good work habit and with "responsibility motivaton" but has no procurement job experience. Both may be qualified, but i'd rather turn to (b) because in the long long run, (a) may find the job boring, while (b) works and play with it.

At the end of the day, personnel (b) is not always found in the procurement section. Very Happy

I got solution to this kind of predicament, you can institute work rotation or shall I call it Job enrichment program, its purpose actually is to have them familiarize the task of the other personnels. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:59 am

Section 16. Professionalization of BAC, TWG Members and Procurement Units
16.1. The GPPB shall establish a sustained training program to develop the capability of the BACs, BAC Secretariats, TWGs, and the Procurement Units of procuring entities, and professionalize the same.

16.2. Procurement Proficiency
In addition to integrity, heads of procuring entities shall consider procurement proficiency as a factor in designating officials to the BAC as well as the head of the Secretariat and Procurement Unit. In turn, the BAC shall consider the same in their selection of the TWG members.
16.3 xxxx

In 1997 the CSC issued the revised Qualification Standards (QS) promulgating the policies for service wide positions listed in the Index of Occupational Services (IOS). This manual became the basis for personnel selection for Government agencies. This manual list the updated positions with their respective Educational, Experience, Training and Eligibility requirements for personnel selection in career service. The Qualfication standards prescribed are the minimum and basic requirements of the position not to mention the merit and fitness.

But then again, the GPRA only prescribed procurement proficiency, sustain training program and integrity in selection to Members of the BAC Secretariat, will this not violate the CSC rules and the guidelines which set the minimum requirements (Education, Experience, Training, Eligibility) Sad
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_card on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:36 pm

sunriser431 wrote:

Guys what can you say about this? comments and suggestion are welcome Very Happy Will four(4) personnel would satisfy the requirement presented? For my part we are only two(2), one Head and one asisstant. Crying or Very sad Sad
How about others BAC secreatariat share your thoughts and experience Very Happy

good we are nine (9) but there are only 3 permanent personnel, the rest are contractual (casual anf Job Ordered personnel) and not all really doing their job, me mga pasaway. nakaupo lang, nakatunganga, permanent personnel pa naman, nakakahiya.

engrjhez wrote:

with regards to bidding schedule naman, we almost have biddings every week or sometimes, twice a week with the least of 4 ITBs, that is, four (4) projects per bidding date. we sometimes have more than to (10) ITBS. sakit ng ulo talaga.

ok lang naman kahit konti lang personnel ng bac secretariat as long as everyone are responsible and dedicated enough to do their part.
wild_card

Female Number of posts : 22
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:29 am

I don't think having few or more personnel is a strength ....thye best is to have a dedicated, supportive and proficient BAC secretariat ...in my case I have only two (2) working on procurement but there are alternates in case the oter one cannot perform due to some circumstances but nevertheless they know the work load of the other and I sometimes help them too on the paper works since most of the workloads are in the Office of the MGSO ....it is a give and take relationship..sometime give them the pleasure to have a break inspite of the workload as secretariat which I do every year for them...
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:02 pm

For Purpose of Discussion:
At least we have a general idea what really the functions and responsibilities of the BAC Secretariat, now my question, what is the last activity for the BAC Secretariat? I believe for LGUs, GOCCs, NGA, GFI, would have different variations on the assign task, much of this activities are manage by the BAC Secretariat.

will this include the compliance of COA Circular 2009-002 dated February 12, 2009? For complete detail click this link http://www.coa.gov.ph/Whats_New/2009/coacir/COA_Circular2009-001.pdf
How about the refund of Bidders/Performance Bond?
Preparation of Purchase orders/Contracts?
Follow up of Bidders vouchers for payment?
Follow up pending deliveries?
As if no more ending activities for the BAC Secretariat, Crying or Very sad any comments are welcome
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by neestrevencion on Fri May 07, 2010 4:50 pm

hi! good day!

Very Happy of the responsiblities enumerated for Personnel A to C, all are cpb functions na or related, who will do the consolidation of the PPMPs? d ba BAC sec work din yun? and great task ha, dapat 2nd semester pa lang ginagawa na yung for the following year. of course, depends upon the size of the agency, for us we have now a hundred plus offices, so, just imagine all these PPMPs to be consolidated and recommended to the HOPE for approval of budget, quantity, modes, schedule, etc.

another thing, if the BAC is also the one handling the AMPs and not only the CPBs.

of course, pag CBPs BAC sec is the appropriate one to answer for and act on the ff:

How about the refund of Bidders/Performance Bond?
Preparation of Purchase orders/Contracts?
Follow up of Bidders vouchers for payment?
Follow up pending deliveries?

kc BAC sec is in the proper position and authority to answer any question, if there is any, on the above matters/functions.

for me, when deliveries are properly inspected and accepted by the end users then documented, and everything is paid, that ends the activities of BAC sec for a certain project/transaction.

share ko lang.

cheers
neestrevencion

Female Number of posts : 46
Company/Agency : Senate of the Philippines
Occupation/Designation : Legislative Staff Assistant II
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

update ko lang, our agency now have a full time (permanent) BAC Secretriat. The working horse of the BAC. cheers
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rose0605 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:40 am

sa amin po 2 ang bac sec, although isa lng ang nagwowork ung isa display lng ang name. you can just imagine ung workload. madalas gusto ko na magresign pero im afraid baka ma charge ako ng insubordination.. what should i do? pls help.. i want to take a break from bac or totally just resign from it but i dont know how..Sad

rose0605

Female Number of posts : 15
Company/Agency : Dagupan City Water District
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sec member
Registration date : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Abecedarian on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Hello Rose, pwede ka mag-resign as head ng BAC secretariat, designation lang naman yon. Yong sinasabi mong insubordination, you can only be held liable for insubordination if you refuse to perform your official duties despite the instruction of your superior officer. Pero, Rose just love your job as BAC secretariat because that could be a source of your livelihood when you retire. You may be hired by suppliers in times of bid opening.
Abecedarian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 144
Company/Agency : Philippine Postal Corporation, Area VII
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer III
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rose0605 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 am

Thank you po sir/mam Abecedarian for your reply. Smile Ang problema po kc dito sa amin, wala pong tumutulong sa secretariat. ako lng po ang naggagawa lahat ng papers/documents, before during and after bidding process, tpos lahat including chairman, members, twg and head of sec nag uutos, na minsan hindi mo na po alam ang susundin mo at pag may konting mali na na-oversee ko sa documents lahat dn ng sisi sa akin, so mahirap po talaga.. Sad

rose0605

Back to top Go down

Post by Abecedarian on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:08 am

Hello Rose, pareho lang tayo ng kapalaran, sa akin lahat ng documentation from the beginning until the submission of the documents to COA, pati pag-update ng mga miembro tungkol sa GPPB issuances sa akin pa rin. Minsan na nga ako ang sinisisi sa harapan ng mga bidders pag may kaunting pagkamali sa bid docs ang mga participants during bid opening. Just be serious of your being a BAC secretariat and love it.
Abecedarian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 144
Company/Agency : Philippine Postal Corporation, Area VII
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer III
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rose0605 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:07 am

Sad

rose0605

Back to top Go down

Post by rose0605 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:56 am

can a member of the secretariat sign the 'prepared by' in the abstract of bid? or is it the head of secretariat who should sign? pls. help. thanks..

rose0605

Back to top Go down

Post by Abecedarian on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:51 pm

The Head of the Secretariat.
Abecedarian
Active Poster
Active Poster