Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Query on the BAC Chairman position

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Query on the BAC Chairman position

Post by zcb3 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Our BAC Chairman who is also the Admin Division Head went on leave from March to December 2011. For the duration of her leave of absence, an OIC of the Admin Division was designated. My question is that can the OIC also be designated as BAC Chairman? The OIC is a 4th ranking permanent official in our organization.

zcb3

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : Foreign Service Institute
Occupation/Designation : Admin. Officer IV
Registration date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Query on the BAC Chairman position

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:38 pm

zcb3 wrote:Our BAC Chairman who is also the Admin Division Head went on leave from March to December 2011. For the duration of her leave of absence, an OIC of the Admin Division was designated. My question is that can the OIC also be designated as BAC Chairman? The OIC is a 4th ranking permanent official in our organization.

Welcome to this forum zcb3!

If your Head of Procuring Entity (HOPE) designated an alternate BAC Member for the Chair, then he/she may act as if he/she really was the Chair. The only problem is that the alternate BAC member should have the same qualification as their principals (Sec.11.2.4). Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha1 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:28 pm

I have asked this question in one of seminars that I have attended if whether a BAC Chairman or Vice Chairman can have an alternate considering that the two are being elected by the designated members. The query was not answered on the affirmative because the Revised IRR is silent on this.

My view is that the Chairman and the Vice Chairman could not have an alternate because they are elected by the members that were designated by the HOPE and beside it is very clear that the Chairman or in his absence, the vice Chairman shall preside at all meetings of the BAC as provided for in Section 12.4. How can this happen if the Chairman has an alternate?

I hope this can be resolve sooner. Thank you!
alpha1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 145
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Department Head
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:12 pm

by alpha1 Today at 1:28 pm

.I have asked this question in one of seminars that I have attended if whether a BAC Chairman or Vice Chairman can have an alternate considering that the two are being elected by the designated members. The query was not answered on the affirmative because the Revised IRR is silent on this

As what Engrjhez posted, Section 11.2.4 is very clear on the issue. The Head of the PE may designate alternate members to the BAC as long as they have the same qualification as their principal. Remember also that under Section 17, Rule VI of the IRR the bidding document shall include the Delivery Time or Completion Schedule. If the procurement activity is stopped just by the mere absence of a member, then the purpose of the procurement will not be attained on time.

jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha1 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:28 pm

But what can you say about section 12.4?
alpha1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 145
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Department Head
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:12 pm

"alpha1 wrote"

.But what can you say about section 12.4?.

Section 12.4 speaks of the meetings of the BAC. If and when the Chairman is absent but the Vice Chairman is present, then it is just proper that the Vice Chairman should preside, but in the remotest possibility that the two are absent, then the alternate member for the Chairman should preside in order for the procurement activity to go on. The reason for the designation of alternates is to avoid the remotest possibility that the procurement activity stops because of the mere absence of the presididng officer.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ji mitchie on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:54 am

what will happen if after pre-bidding, public bidding and post quailification has been done but before a resolution recommending for the notice of award has been approved by the previous HOPE or Regional Director, the BAC Chairman was designated as OIC Regional Director? can the OIC Regional Director approve the resolution? please enlightened me on this matter. I need an immediate answer on this. Can there be a hustification on this scenarion?

ji mitchie

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : BFAR
Occupation/Designation : Legal Assistant
Registration date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top