Who is monitoring the Barangays in compliance with RA 9184?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who is monitoring the Barangays in compliance with RA 9184?

Post by msm326 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Good day.... most of the Barangays are still nor register with PHILGEPS although they have to be register (December2007)right? They are still not posting opportunities. Smile
We encourage them to post and use the facilities in the office yet they are still not adhering to the provisions since they are independent LGU

msm
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is monitoring the Barangays in compliance with RA 9184?

Post by shobe on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi msm326.

Mandating barangays (and its officials for that matter) to follow R.A. 9184 has been a perennial problem. The thing is, all its officials are under the pain of prosecution considering that the procurment act is not permissive but mandatory in character.

I know of a barangay officer who is now under investigation by the OMB for granting a consultancy contract to a former barangay officer without following the provisions of the GPRA. Mind you, the amount of the contract is a measly 20k.

As for the monitoring, the GPPB (which has a monitoring function under the law), COA and the public in general should consciously monitor all expenditures by government offices...mapabarangay o mapa Office of the President man Shocked
shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 79
Company/Agency : Makati Firm
Occupation/Designation : Lawyer
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikel on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:52 pm

it is agreed that RA 9184 admits no exception in its application, however, i would like to point out that in some very, very rural barangays, (nakakahiya kasing sabihin na primitive), strict application of the said law is near to impossible.

some of these barangays can only be reached on a horse (cow/ carabao)back ride, have no electricity yet, no computers, no fax/ telephone lines. even their vouchers are handwritten. to let them prepare PPMP and APP is very unlikely to happen. much less to ask them to buy their office supplies from PS-DBM. mas mapamahal pa kasi claim pa sila ng per diems.

these barangays procure goods such spices (salt, onions, garlic, etc.), meat, chicken, goat and other food stuffs from the sari sari stores or directly from the farmers themselves. in some cases, the only store which offers the goods to be procured is owned by one of the barangay officials.

i hope that these scenarios can be taken into account by the GPPB, which had acknowledged the peculiarity of the barangay system and had 'vowed' to issue a procurement manual specifically designed to address the barangays.

as to the monitoring of the application of RA 9184, we auditors have to exercise some flexibility in this area, though we try to advise the barangay officials to follow the law as much as possible.

Mikel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 72
Company/Agency : Gobyerno ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Empleyado
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by blesilda on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 pm

I am an LGU (ANgeles City) BAC Secretariat. Can I post a barangay invitation to Bid in under my LGU philgeps account. The barangay would like to register in the Philgeps but they are not yet equipped with facilities and no website. Anyone who knows how they can they acquire a philgeps account even without own website?
blesilda

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : angeles city LGU
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:55 am

blesilda wrote:I am an LGU (ANgeles City) BAC Secretariat. Can I post a barangay invitation to Bid in under my LGU philgeps account. The barangay would like to register in the Philgeps but they are not yet equipped with facilities and no website. Anyone who knows how they can they acquire a philgeps account even without own website?

If the barangay is not capable of creating or establishing a BAC, they may outsource from their mother city/municipal BAC but it must be properly documented by a barangay resolution.

On the other hand, if establishment of barangay BAC is possible and feasible, you don't need a website to register (it is not mandatory to have a website of your own because the PhilGEPS is already created for that purpose. Please visit the PhilGEPS website for more details. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 am

blesilda wrote:I am an LGU (ANgeles City) BAC Secretariat. Can I post a barangay invitation to Bid in under my LGU philgeps account. The barangay would like to register in the Philgeps but they are not yet equipped with facilities and no website. Anyone who knows how they can they acquire a philgeps account even without own website?

good day blesilda..

If your barangay does not have its own website you can post your invitation in the PhilGEPS which is mandatory except those procurement under GPPB Resolution 09-2009.. for more details on how to to acquire your account you can visit the website of PhilGEPS, personally visit their office or you can call 900 5231-39..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:57 pm

as engrjez pointed out the barangay can seek the assistance of the BAC of the higher LGU if the barangay is not capable of conducting its own procurement activity. having own website is not necessary in registering as a government agency in the philgeps thus any barangay can and should register with the philgeps - with or without its own website. this is important because while the procurement activity can be outsourced, its posting must still be made under the account of the particular barangay
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top