Inclusion in APP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inclusion in APP

Post by joyie on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Is it required to include in Procuring Entity's Annual Procurement Plan (APP) the Trainings/Seminars/Conferences and the like to be attended by a government personnel? (For it is being required by our Accountant to include such in our APP which I think has no basis for requiring it)Question
If yes, is there a particular written order/rule for this issued by the government?
joyie
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : OP
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sectretariat/Asst. Info. Tech. Administrator (AITA)
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Inclusion in APP

Post by jcolas on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:07 am

Is it required to include in Procuring Entity's Annual Procurement Plan (APP) the Trainings/Seminars/Conferences and the like to be attended by a government personnel? (For it is being required by our Accountant to include such in our APP which I think has no basis for requiring it)
If yes, is there a particular written order/rule for this issued by the government?.

Section 7, Rule II (Procurement Planning) of the IRR mandates that procurement shall not be undertaken unless it is in accordance with the approved Annual Procurement Plan of the Agency. I am sure training/seminars are considered crucial to the efficient discharge of the functions of the OP. Hence, it should be in cluded in your APP.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by joyie on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks jcolas for you insight.
Section 7, Rule II (Procurement Planning) of the IRR mandates that procurement shall not be undertaken unless it is in accordance with the approved Annual Procurement Plan of the Agency. I am sure training/seminars are considered crucial to the efficient discharge of the functions of the OP. Hence, it should be in cluded in your APP.
You said that it should be included in our APP. But how will you consider the following?
1. Section 5. Definition of Terms for Goods (r) does not refer to trainings/seminars (whether related or analogous services)
2. What particular mode of procurement is it applicable to?
joyie
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : OP
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sectretariat/Asst. Info. Tech. Administrator (AITA)
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 pm

" joyie wrote"

.Is it required to include in Procuring Entity's Annual Procurement Plan (APP) the Trainings/Seminars/Conferences and the like to be attended by a government personnel? (For it is being required by our Accountant to include such in our APP which I think has no basis for requiring it)
If yes, is there a particular written order/rule for this issued by the government?

I am sorry. I may have misunderstood soimething here. When you posted trainings & Seminars to be attended to by a government personnel, are you referring to your personnel attending seminars/conferences conductedby other agencies? If that is the case, then, May I retract my answer and state here for the record that their is no need for you to include that in your APP; but if your office conducts a seminar/conference, then that activity and all expense items that you need should be included in your APP. If this is the case, then the mode of procurement is goods.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down