Registered Supplier in philgeps

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Registered Supplier in philgeps

Post by stephen on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:49 am

Good day po.. Pwede po bang sumali ang isang supplier ng construction projects sa furniture na hindi naman sya registered as a supplier po ng furniture sa bidding po? For example po,
"_____ Trading and Construction".. Registered as a construction projects po pero di po sya registered na furniture sa philgeps po.. Please help me po.. Thanks po and God bless po..

stephen

Male Number of posts : 38
Company/Agency : DepEd
Occupation/Designation : twg
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Registered Supplier in philgeps

Post by jcolas on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:02 am

"Stephen wrote"

Good day po.. Pwede po bang sumali ang isang supplier ng construction projects sa furniture na hindi naman sya registered as a supplier po ng furniture sa bidding po? For example po,
"_____ Trading and Construction".. Registered as a construction projects po pero di po sya registered na furniture sa philgeps po.. Please help me po.. Thanks po and God bless po...

Definitely no. I am sure you are referring to the Armchairs project that is downloaded to us. In this case, philGEPS Registration is required.

jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:50 am

stephen wrote:Good day po.. Pwede po bang sumali ang isang supplier ng construction projects sa furniture na hindi naman sya registered as a supplier po ng furniture sa bidding po? For example po,
"_____ Trading and Construction".. Registered as a construction projects po pero di po sya registered na furniture sa philgeps po.. Please help me po.. Thanks po and God bless po..

Procurement of furnitures fall under procurement of (non-expendable) goods. Hence, what is required is that the bidder has completed a contract similar in nature:
  1. amounting to at least 50% of the ABC to be bid;
  2. completed contract falls within the relevant period as determined by the bidding documents; and,
  3. passed all other documentary requirements of eligibility and postqual.

More than any link to the line of business, the above must be considered. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:13 am

jcolas wrote:"Stephen wrote"

"_____ Trading and Construction".. Registered as a construction projects po pero di po sya registered na furniture sa philgeps po.. Please help me po.. Thanks po and God bless po...

Definitely no. I am sure you are referring to the Armchairs project that is downloaded to us. In this case, philGEPS Registration is required.

sir.. good day po..
paano po kung naupgrade na po nila sa DTI po na pwede na po clang makasali sa delivery ng armchair po pero di pa po sya naka update sa philgeps po? Paano po yun sir? thanks po at God bless po.. About naman po sa 50% na related project, pasado na po cla kasi po may ibang procuring entity na pinapanalo nila iyun kung meron po silang "Trading" sa pangalan po ng kanilang construction firm..

stephen

Male Number of posts : 38
Company/Agency : DepEd
Occupation/Designation : twg
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha1 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:11 pm

stephen wrote:

sir.. good day po..
paano po kung naupgrade na po nila sa DTI po na pwede na po clang makasali sa delivery ng armchair po pero di pa po sya naka update sa philgeps po? Paano po yun sir? thanks po at God bless po.. About naman po sa 50% na related project, pasado na po cla kasi po may ibang procuring entity na pinapanalo nila iyun kung meron po silang "Trading" sa pangalan po ng kanilang construction firm..

One way to check the bidder if he is qualified is based on his BIR Certificate of Registration. He might be a trader but only for a certain kinds of goods probably construction materials only. Even though they have already transacted same kind of business with other PE, its still your call to disqualify a bidder based on his eligibility compliance.
alpha1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 145
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Department Head
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:29 am

In relation to the BIR Registration Certificate, I wonder why there are instances that the line of business does not coincide with the Mayor's permit.
chrissy

Female Number of posts : 39
Company/Agency : DPWH
Occupation/Designation : Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:13 am

chrissy wrote:In relation to the BIR Registration Certificate, I wonder why there are instances that the line of business does not coincide with the Mayor's permit.
It really happens most of the time when the supplier is still undecided, and for the purposes of securing they simply put anything possible. That is the reason why evaluation needs to be based on contract experience and not solely on paper. Of course there are incidental requirements in having different lines of business but important above all, they have completed a single contract similar in nature in order to be considered for award in government procurement. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:45 pm

"stephen wrote"
sir.. good day po..

Sir Stephen, you must be from the Division Office. If you have any doubts on any of your manufacturers, you may consult our Procurement Unit at our Central Office. You may inquire from Sir Adonis or you can inquire from the PFSED, Central Office. these offices are maintaining a Registry of Suppliers/Contractors/manufacturers and I am sure they can help you...
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha1 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:19 am

Just a clarification! Does the PhilGEPS Registration indicates what kind of business a bidder must applied for? Or it is just a certification that a bidder is registered and can use the portal in transacting business with the government.

alpha1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 145
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Department Head
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:02 pm

alpha1 wrote:

Just a clarification! Does the PhilGEPS Registration indicates what kind of business a bidder must applied for? Or it is just a certification that a bidder is registered and can use the portal in transacting business with the government.

Indicated in the PhilGEPS registry (that you can view) are the following relevant info only:

Organization Name*
Acronym
Former Name
Form of Organization*
Organization Type*
Business Category*
Business Tax Identification Number* - - -
DTI Registration Number
SEC Registration Number
CDA Registration Number
Incorporation Date*
Number of Employees*
Previous Year's Revenue (Php)*
Web Site Address
Brief Description of the Organization

They can only choose one organization type and one business caegory, although they can have several "Bid matching" options. They cannot be compelled to accurately indicate "line of business" and the BAC will still have the responsibility to check and validate any information stated in the registration. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:00 pm

"Alpha1 wrote"
Just a clarification! Does the PhilGEPS Registration indicates what kind of business a bidder must applied for? Or it is just a certification that a bidder is registered and can use the portal in transacting business with the government
Sir Alpha 1, I am sure you must have seen a PhilGEPS Registration. and you are right sir; having that certificate of registration will just allow you to access the PhilGEPS web site. It does not show what exactly is their line of business. As what Sir Engrjhez posted, the BAC should delve deeper in order to determine their line of business.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:28 pm

@ engrJhez : During post evaluation, what document would prevail? the Mayor's permit or the BIR Certificate of Registration> ? they may have single contract similar in nature, however, the line of business is not registered with the BIR but it is indicated in the Mayor's Permit.

Also, is the BIR registration certificate a requisite in securing a Mayor's Permit?
chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:16 pm

chrissy wrote:@ engrJhez : During post evaluation, what document would prevail? the Mayor's permit or the BIR Certificate of Registration> ? they may have single contract similar in nature, however, the line of business is not registered with the BIR but it is indicated in the Mayor's Permit.

Also, is the BIR registration certificate a requisite in securing a Mayor's Permit?

I believe it is still the contract completed similar in nature which should be the primary consideration, unless of course, if doing business other than that registered constitutes violation of any Philippine laws, rules and regulations.

BIR registration requires a business to have a valid Mayor's Permit first. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 am

"chrissy wrote:"
@ engrJhez : During post evaluation, what document would prevail? the Mayor's permit or the BIR Certificate of Registration> ? they may have single contract similar in nature, however, the line of business is not registered with the BIR but it is indicated in the Mayor's Permit.

"engrjhez wrote"[/b

I believe it is still the contract completed similar in nature which should be the primary consideration, unless of course, if doing business other than that registered constitutes violation of any Philippine laws, rules and regulations.
BIR registration requires a business to have a valid Mayor's Permit firstte:
[/color][/color][/color]

In my hunble opinion, the BAC should first look at the Mayor's Permit. Kung ano ang nakalagay doon, yun na yun. We should remember that the first license that we have to secure is the Mayor's Permit. A business , for that matter can not legally start with out the Mayor's Permit. The Bir registration, as engjhez posted requires a valid Mayor's Permit; and how were you able to secure a contract, so to speak, if in the first place, you do not have a Mayor's Permit?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:31 pm

@jcolas : There was a Mayor's permit. However, upon verification/postqualification of the BIR Registration Certificate it was found out that the Registered Line of Business : Retailer of vehicular Spare parts.

The mayors permit indicates line of Business : 1. Retailer of vehicular spare parts/Retailer of Marine Spare parts and accessories (2) Service Contractor engaged in the repair of marine equipment.

The subject contract : repair of marine equipment.

so there was a question of which document would prevail. similar contract is not a question considering that the firm has engaged in the repair of marine equipment before.

Last edited by chrissy on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)
chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by joyie on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Chrissy wrote: The mayors permit indicates line of Business : 1. Retailer of vehicular spare parts/Retailer of Marine Spare parts and accessories (2) Service Contractor engaged in the repair of marine equipment.

The subject contract : repair of marine equipment.

so there was a question of which document would prevail. similar contract is not a question considering that the firm has engaged in the repair of marine equipment before.
I think the Mayor's Permit already stated the line of business to which is similar to what you are procuring to "Repair of Marine Equipment" because MP is renewable on a yearly basis and a supplier may / may not have engage to other line of business according to their preference. You said also that the firm has engaged in the repair of marine equipment before which you can validate by personally visiting the location stated in the list of completed similar projects they have submitted as part of their eligibility documents (as part of your Post-Qualification).
joyie
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : OP
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sectretariat/Asst. Info. Tech. Administrator (AITA)
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by nulbraem on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi everyone!
I am a new user here. Can anybody direct me how to view list of registered suppliers? Thank you beforehand!

nulbraem

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : Province of Lanao del Sur - Office of the Governor
Occupation/Designation : Correspondent
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:40 pm

nulbraem wrote:Hi everyone!
I am a new user here. Can anybody direct me how to view list of registered suppliers? Thank you beforehand!

You may view the Registry of Suppliers from www.philgeps.gov.ph

You should have an account with the PhilGEPS to be able to access it. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 pm

nulbraem wrote:Hi everyone!

If you already have an account with PhilGEPS, take the following steps:

1. Log-in
2. Click on the Directory tab
3. Click the Suppliers Category
4. Select search option (i.e. View by Category, Search Organization, Search Contact)

Different search options have different type of required search inputs. You can try them all or you may use what you think appropriate for your need.

Alpha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 53
Company/Agency : Private Sector
Occupation/Designation : Project Supervisor
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down