Latest topics

IRR requiring the attachment of Certificate of Turnover and certificate of completion in a infra project before the processing of payment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IRR requiring the attachment of Certificate of Turnover and certificate of completion in a infra project before the processing of payment

Post by black on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:27 pm

The finance dept., before processing the payment for the contractor, requires us (BAC) to provide a Certificate of Turnover and Certificate of completion in a Job Order project aside from our usual attachment na Inspection and Acceptance Report. Our TWG said that the abovementioned certificates are only required in a project that involves a contract. (The project is infra) My questions are;
1. Is it necessary to attached those certificates in a Job Order projects?
2. Is it true that those certficates are only needed in a project involving a contract?
3. Can you provide us list of requirements before processing of payment for infra project using Job Order.
4. What is the IRR which requires the submission of the above certificates?
black

Male Number of posts : 17
Occupation/Designation : lingkod bayan
Registration date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: IRR requiring the attachment of Certificate of Turnover and certificate of completion in a infra project before the processing of payment

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:08 pm

black wrote:The finance dept., before processing the payment for the contractor, requires us (BAC) to provide a Certificate of Turnover and Certificate of completion in a Job Order project aside from our usual attachment na Inspection and Acceptance Report. Our TWG said that the abovementioned certificates are only required in a project that involves a contract. (The project is infra) My questions are;
1. Is it necessary to attached those certificates in a Job Order projects?
2. Is it true that those certficates are only needed in a project involving a contract?
3. Can you provide us list of requirements before processing of payment for infra project using Job Order.
4. What is the IRR which requires the submission of the above certificates?
First I would like to clarify if what you meant by Job Order project is Project by Administration? If yes, then here are my take:

1. Most agencies practice submission of such documents during disbursement. In my opinion, only Certificate of Completion is necessary for payment. The Certificate of Turnover and Acceptance may actually be accomplished later soon as the project is paid (for implementation by contract). However, for projects by administration, it may be required immediately since the project is undertaken by force account.

2. For projects by contract (refer also to No.1), it may be accomplished after payment. Premature turnover during payment may be dangerous as it will free the contractor from remaining punch lists (95%+ accomplishment). I also think it is not proper to turnover the project when the project itself is not yet settled with the contractor.

3. For projects by administration, (1) Program of Works (2) Manpower Schedule (3) Equipment Schedule (if necessary) and (4) Documentations for the entire project duration including pictures, attendance, and other details. But those are only basic requirements.

4. All of those documents can be extracted from COA Issuances (which I dont have a list). The usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations apply. You may also refer to PD 1445.

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: IRR requiring the attachment of Certificate of Turnover and certificate of completion in a infra project before the processing of payment

Post by maria mancera on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:09 pm

All of these mandatory supporting documents can be found in the recent issuance of COA under COA Circular No. 2012-001 dated June 14, 2012 Smile

maria mancera

Female Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : CFMO
Occupation/Designation : Management and Audit Analyst V
Registration date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top