Latest topics

Conduct of Public Bidding for Security Service during December 2011 FOR Jan to Dec 2012 Security Services

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conduct of Public Bidding for Security Service during December 2011 FOR Jan to Dec 2012 Security Services

Post by Jovinal on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Our Security Services for 2011 will be expiring effective December 31, 2011, my questions are the following:
1) It is legal to conduct a public bidding during December 2011 for January to December 2011 Security Service even the ABC is still in the 2012 BUDGET?
2) If not, will conduct on January 2011, this mean that, we have to adjust the period of security services from 12 months to 11 months covering Feb to Dec 2012 because the month of January 2011 will be consumed for Public Bidding ?
Thank You.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Conduct of Public Bidding for Security Service during December 2011 FOR Jan to Dec 2012 Security Services

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:01 am

Jovinal wrote:Our Security Services for 2011 will be expiring effective December 31, 2011, my questions are the following:
1) It is legal to conduct a public bidding during December 2011 for January to December 2011 Security Service even the ABC is still in the 2012 BUDGET?
2) If not, will conduct on January 2011, this mean that, we have to adjust the period of security services from 12 months to 11 months covering Feb to Dec 2012 because the month of January 2011 will be consumed for Public Bidding ?
Thank You.

Yes, it would be legal to conduct public bidding this month for 2012 budget, provided you already have an approved annual budget for 2012 by this time, otherwise, you will need to wait for the approval of your annual budget. (note: in the case of NGAs, it is different. Even without the General Appropriations Act being passed, a bidding process could already be started.)

If the security services will expire in December 31, 2011, you may extend the services monthly or for a period of time when you expect that an award for a new bidding could be made. In the case of security services, you can bid the project for a maximum of three (3) years, but your ABC will only be for one (1) year. Just read the appropriate GPPB Resolution (024-2007) so you are properly guided.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top