Clarification on the Procedures in Extension of Constract for Security Services.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clarification on the Procedures in Extension of Constract for Security Services.

Post by Jovinal on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:49 pm

I just like to ask some clarifications regarding the procedures in making an Extension of Contract for one month
during January 2012, because we have to conduct Public Bidding on January 2012 for the CY 2012 Security Services which was expiring this December 31, 2011. My questions are the following:

1) Is there a need for a BAC Resolution recommending an Extension of Contract for one month?
2) Do we still have to prepare a new Contract between the HOPE and the Current Security Agency
for the Contract Extension for January 2012?

Thank You.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarification on the Procedures in Extension of Constract for Security Services.

Post by Jovinal on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 am

Any comments please. Thank you.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarification on the Procedures in Extension of Constract for Security Services.

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Jovinal wrote: I just like to ask some clarifications regarding the procedures in making an Extension of Contract for one month
during January 2012, because we have to conduct Public Bidding on January 2012 for the CY 2012 Security Services which was expiring this December 31, 2011. My questions are the following:

1) Is there a need for a BAC Resolution recommending an Extension of Contract for one month?
There is no need for a BAC Resolution recommending an extension of contract for one month for the following reasons: a) it is not BAC's responsibility; b) extension of contract is not a mode of procurement. Although, I don't see anything wrong with the BAC recommending particularly if the BAC is already conducting a new bidding but it is certain that an award could not be made before the expiry of the current contract.

Jovinal wrote:2) Do we still have to prepare a new Contract between the HOPE and the Current Security Agency for the Contract Extension for January 2012? Thank You.

Yes, of course, because your contract would have already expired by that time.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by firstlady_5167 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Can you provide us a sample of a Contract Extension? Or can we just copy the expired contract and make some changes on the dates etc. ?
firstlady_5167
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : City Government of Tacloban
Occupation/Designation : Asst. Statistician/BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by firstlady_5167 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:34 am

Can you provide us a sample of a Contract Extension? Or can we just copy the expired contract and make some changes on the dates etc. ?
firstlady_5167
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : City Government of Tacloban
Occupation/Designation : Asst. Statistician/BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top