Latest topics

Period required between Advertisement/Posting of ITB and the Pre Bid Conference

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Period required between Advertisement/Posting of ITB and the Pre Bid Conference

Post by Jovinal on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:17 pm

I just like to ask a clarification if we can shorten the number of days between the date of Advertisement/Posting of the ITB and the date of Pre Bid Conference into 3 calendar days instead of 7 calendar days, because the law mentioned only on number of days between pre bid conference and submission/opening of bids which is 12 calendar days. Thank you.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Period required between Advertisement/Posting of ITB and the Pre Bid Conference

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Jovinal wrote:I just like to ask a clarification if we can shorten the number of days between the date of Advertisement/Posting of the ITB and the date of Pre Bid Conference into 3 calendar days instead of 7 calendar days, because the law mentioned only on number of days between pre bid conference and submission/opening of bids which is 12 calendar days. Thank you.

Do you mean, with your query, if you can conduct your pre-bid conference within the 7 c.d. Posting period? While there is no specific provision against that, if you do that the 7 c.d posting period is defeated because those you were able to got wind of the invitation at the latter part of the posting period and after the pre-bid would have been deprived of the opportunity to participate in it or write written queries or clarifications to the BAC. Likewise, if you do that, you do not give prospective bidders enough time to prepare their bid proposals as you can set the deadline for bid submission as early as the 12th day after the 1st day of posting. That could mean also that your bidding process from advertisement/posting up to NTP could be less than the shortest possible bidding time of 28 c.d for goods and infra.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Period required between Advertisement/Posting of ITB and the Pre Bid Conference

Post by Jovinal on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Thank you Sir for a nice opinion, I have further clarification regarding the shortest possible public bidding time of 28 c.d. , supposing the ABC is less than one million pesos wherein the pre bid conference is not mandatory, do we still required to observe the shortest possible bidding time of 28 c.d. even the pre bid conference is waived/omitted?
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Jovinal wrote:Thank you Sir for a nice opinion, I have further clarification regarding the shortest possible public bidding time of 28 c.d. , supposing the ABC is less than one million pesos wherein the pre bid conference is not mandatory, do we still required to observe the shortest possible bidding time of 28 c.d. even the pre bid conference is waived/omitted?

Welcome. I think that it is precisely the point why the IRR (in Annex C) set the earliest or shortest possible time of 28 c.d. If the ABC is less than P1 million, pre-bid is not mandatory, which could be interpreted to mean that if no pre-bid is done, on the 8th day after the 7 c.d posting period, the BAC could already set the deadline. If that happens, then the shortest time would be less than 28 c.d (16 c.d actually). That would already be in violation of the procurement rules. It is also not consistent with the Principle of Competitiveness.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top